dfq23

Calling a spade a spade - obvious banned member is obvious

GingerApple

I'm pleased to read TB99's comments. I feel totally vindicated. I hope those members who have said howwible, mean and nasty things about me reflect on their positions and that we can all move on and enjoy this wonderful forum for what it is. 

onzenuub
9 minutes ago, splke said:

why, are you getting hard? :giggle:

You like me getting hard?

splke
1 minute ago, onzenuub said:

You like me getting hard?

not sure id notice :daffy:

onzenuub
4 minutes ago, GingerJesus said:

I hope those members who have said howwible, mean and nasty things about me reflect on their positions 

:69:

3 minutes ago, splke said:

not sure id notice :daffy:

So your lube is excellent?

trailboss99
1 hour ago, onzenuub said:

Why not? Are you getting soft?

he paid me hundreds of monies not to.

• Like 1

onzenuub
11 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

he paid me hundreds of monies not to.

To little, to late

Redemskis
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, dfq23 said:

The watch he sold.

Lots of use of the words genuine and franken to dazzle and amaze those who know no better

Seems it,  at best, may have had a genuine second hand. Not sure how that constitutes a franken really and no proof of it either or the movement as no pics of that either.

My understanding was always for sales of a Swiss ETA you had to give proof.

He went in dry on poor replover2

He did tell me it was a genuine Swiss eta but didn't provide any proof

Edited by Redemskis

trailboss99
2 hours ago, Redemskis said:

He did tell me it was a genuine Swiss eta but didn't provide any proof

The following rule has been added to the sales rules:

In addition, if a genuine Swiss movement is claimed an additional tagged photo of the movement (caseback off) MUST be included.  Otherwise, the moment will be deemed to be "claimed ETA (etc)" and priced as per a clone.

• Like 7

FudgyDocker
2 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

additional tagged photo of the movement (caseback off) MUST be included

Great to see this, but I would have made it say "good quality photo". The quality of some of the photos in the listings were, let's say, questionable. That's not to say that some others aren't also! :lol:

trailboss99
54 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Great to see this, but I would have made it say "good quality photo".

If the photo is too poor to verify the MVT origen the sales guys will ask for a new one. I'm trying to keep the rules simple, the mods can interpret from there.

• Like 3

BadPickle

ok @dfq23  this spade thing is looking less like a spade now,  still need some clarification on this please. 

dfq23
27 minutes ago, BadPickle said:

ok @dfq23  this spade thing is looking less like a spade now,  still need some clarification on this please. 

Still kinda obvious that Nightwatchman1 next door is Madaboutwatches1 here who was already called out as being the Nightwatchman1 here who got banned but leaving it to the mods

• Like 2

BadPickle
6 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

Still kinda obvious that Nightwatchman1 next door is Madaboutwatches1 here who was already called out as being the Nightwatchman1 here who got banned but leaving it to the mods

:salute:  

BadPickle
4 hours ago, BadPickle said:

:salute:  

@deju  as paying guests I feel we need demand a  summery of the weeks events…  

shyreplover

So the aftermath of this allegation is....

That the seller is innocent but still got his sales posts locked, 1 accuser got banned but the rest were let go, and a new sales rule has been added.

Am I summarizing this event accurately?

• Like 1

Claddingman

Am still confused LOL. Love a good crime series on telly and this is like one ha. 

Mr_B

KmmKLP.jpeg

Philiusmaximus

I wouldn't touch him as a seller. It's.obvious to most what he is. But others seem to want to argue otherwise. No idea why.

Just gonna let you fine gentlemen get on with it

• Like 3

Claddingman

confused.com  Looking at it to liitle me the bloke seems to be gilty as sin but the crime has been turned onto someone who was trying to make people see he is not good and theyve been banned instead yeah? Was he selling dodgy watches as well? Seems a bit Kim Young Un but eh the site staff must know what they doing.

I can see the member sales now and how is this linked to td's ? are member sellers also trusted  ?  Feel a bit nervous to buy one from member if not so may contact staff first. the watches the other bloke were selling are like what i'm after but much cheaper like 200 or 250 quid.  

• Like 1

malkie
56 minutes ago, Claddingman said:

confused.com  Looking at it to liitle me the bloke seems to be gilty as sin but the crime has been turned onto someone who was trying to make people see he is not good and theyve been banned instead yeah? Was he selling dodgy watches as well? Seems a bit Kim Young Un but eh the site staff must know what they doing.

I can see the member sales now and how is this linked to td's ? are member sellers also trusted  ?  Feel a bit nervous to buy one from member if not so may contact staff first. the watches the other bloke were selling are like what i'm after but much cheaper like 200 or 250 quid.  

Normally I would give a thumbs up for this  post, as I agree with the gist of it. However, as you are a Yoo'nited supporter, I will give you nothing bar a thank you for the 3 very easy points last weekend .

tomtom1988
53 minutes ago, Claddingman said:

M2M sales have always been done on trust, merit and feedback. There is a feedback section here where you can pop a members name into the search and if the seller/ buyer has left them feedback a separate thread should show up. Not everyone leaves feedback though so it’s possible sellers have multiple sales even if nothing is showing. Generally speaking the longer standing the member the more trust worthy they are (not always the case). There’s been multiple bargains posted here by newer members which I’ve avoided because of lack of feedback/ fairly fresh account. Nothing is certain in life but you’ll likely be safe if you research the member before falling for the watch. Most of the sellers here are good guys who are in this hobby for the love of watches, not to scam a few hundred quid, that being said always use due diligence! 

malkie

Question for the mods: Can banned members still view their messages on the site and reply to same?

Claddingman
8 minutes ago, malkie said:

Normally I would give a thumbs up for this  post, as I agree with the gist of it. However, as you are a Yoo'nited supporter, I will give you nothing bar a thank you for the 3 very easy points last weekend .

were on the up now we have a real owner LOL 

• Like 1

deju
15 minutes ago, malkie said:

Question for the mods: Can banned members still view their messages on the site and reply to same?

Was discussing this with Ginger, as far as I'm aware when banned the user can log in but there would be no permission to access any topics or forums or DM’s. 

It almost looks like a bare bones empty forum.