Sign in to follow this  
Slim

Kemmner Watches - Excellent Customer Service

Slim

A few weeks ago I was fortunate in bagging a Kemmner 007 LE on the sales section of another site. I'd regretting not buying one new when they were available, so I was very happy to see one appear in the particular red logo version I'd wanted in nice minty condition, and to be first to jump on it.

kemmner_007le.jpg

However, when I tried out the 60-click bezel it turned out to be very stiff .. closer examination revealed that the crown was fouling it when tightened down. This is a problem that other 007 LE owners have experienced as well, and I know that Andy Schuhren (a British watchmaker based in Germany) has modified at least one with a new crown and tube to rectify it.

Anyway having exchanged a few interesting PMs with Andy about it and received some useful advice, I sent Roland Kemmner a message via eBay, asking him if he had any advice on rectifying it. He replied that he would repair the watch free of charge, so I carefully smothered the watch head in bubble wrap and dispatched it to Germany in a padded envelope.

This morning it has returned, repaired, in a new two-watch case and wearing a new 007 NATO:

kemmner_007le_case.jpg

I think that's excellent service, and deserves credit.

I'm not certain, but I think the edge of the bezel has been given a slight inward slope. In any case the crown can be tightened properly without affecting it, and it's definitely fixed.

These are brilliant value for money - a limited edition run so not available now, but based on my experience with this one I'd certainly recommend Kemmner watches to anyone - the construction quality would be impressive on a watch costing three times the asking price of these. This one is just lovely. ETA 2824-2 movement by the way, and mine is accurate to within three or four seconds a day.

Member X

Excellent :)

I had heard Roland was a gent and this just proves it!

Takken

Great watch & great strap, goes perfect to the watch.

amuthon

Hi slim,

as an owner of two Kemmner watches, I know what your talking about.

Kemmner is highly recommended for custom watches as well.

I got my first watch from him, a custom "Flieger",

sent to me without a payment in advance.

Enjoy your watch and wear it good health.

PGL

I hadn't seen this until now... one word: WOW!

That watch is quite a looker, I am totally in love with it... where did you buy it?

Slim
I hadn't seen this until now... one word: WOW!

That watch is quite a looker, I am totally in love with it... where did you buy it?

Thanks! Appreciate the comment.

I bought it from the 'member to member' sales section of a general watch forum. Roland sells his stuff through eBay quite often. This one was a limited edition so you'd have to find one second hand (like I did). It really is a very nice Sub homage - quality materials and an accurate Swiss ETA movement.