thenightowl

Not a Newbie just been away for a good while

thenightowl

I became interested in replica watches around 2006 and joined a different forum.  Unfortunately I can't really remember the forum name but became familiar with By-Tor's reviews and some other content.  I bought a few Reps, nothing great except that I did acquire one of BK's transformer GMT Master II models.  I still own that watch and recently had it serviced.  I joined the forum here  in 2019, read a bit but never really emersed myself like before.  I recovered my password a few weeks ago and have been blown away by the apparent increase in rep quality, especially it seems for Rolex models.  I've toyed with the idea of buying a higher quality rep but the legal issues concern me so I'll avoid that for the time being.  My current watch collection includes Gen Breitling Super Ocean, gen Omega Seamaster (I believe the model number is 2054), an older two tone gen Rolex Air King, the aforementioned BK Rolex GMT, a rep IWC Ingeneiur with a white dial that apparently was really only available with a black dial as a gen, two Submariner reps an all gold with a blue dial and the classic black stainless.  Neither of the subs are particularly good reps. I also own a bunch of old gens, Omegas, Hamiltons,  and some Hamilton electrics and Bulova Accutron's. In other words, my watch hobby has been all over the place.   I'm also a 43 year road cyclist with a deep passion for good road bikes. I I look forward to reading about replicas and watches in general. If I'm still here a few weeks from now, I'll upgrade to VIP status.