Sign in to follow this  
AGL

Graham Chronofighter Oversized Overlord Mark III

AGL

Here is the gen. HERE

Here is the the rep from WatchInternational. HERE

Here is the rep from Timeshops. HERE

Here is replicamake's. HERE

Obviously the GEN has a black trigger a small seconds hand at 3 with working 30 minute chrono.

The Watch-International looks pretty decent and has the same high beat 28,880 beat movement except the trigger is brushed steel NOT black this is £195.

The Timeshops looks closer to gen with the black trigger but im not sure the movement is as good because it's only $95.

The Replicamake one obvioucly says its a 1:1

Can anyone enlighten me? I really like this as its classy and showy without being bling, if you know what I mean? Probably going to be my next purchase if it isn't a PAM. I dont want to spend more then £150 = $240USD on this watch.

AGL.

:P

Edited by AGL

Nick C

Hi AGL,

The Graham Chrono's are normally well repped and I have looked at the Overlord before I went for the Oversized diver.

The one from Times Shop is that money because if you look at the Chrono features there are faux. The lower end Graham's like other brand Chrono's only to show Day 1-7 or a false minute counter that normally only get pushed round by pushing the button.

The 7750 is the way to go and I am sure the one the Mary provides will look great and has the dials as per the gen. I have seen reps with a 7750 mov. and a black trigger and I am sure Mary can find it.

They do look great on although they are not to everyones taste, but if you like it get one. When I wear mine it gets more compliments than any other of my collection.

AGL

Hey Nick

That's really great news. I would like to buy the one from mary as I have heard so many great reviews and she is great at answering my questions - I have yet to purchase from her. I was just worried about the trigger being grey not black as that's quite a big 'tell'.

I have edited my original post to include replicamakes offering as they suggest theirs is a 1:1 rep. How accurate that is I am unsure.

Nice to hear you get compliments when you wear your graham though. Looking around these forums they seem to be overlooked but are definitely good looking timepieces in my opinion.

AGL.

Nick C

Well the main difference when you get the black trigger is that some have the steel reset pusher and some have it in black plastic but Lay's one looks pretty spot one. Some though will advertise as the Mark III but it will actually be the II and this is reflected by being called Overmark II on the dial.

It is great that George Graham (where they take their inspiration from) had such an effect on timepieces.

They are unique and their oversized style is appealing. The only thing I will say is that it took some getting used to when I started to wear it. Initially the trigger used to bug me and I did catch my wrist on it but then it has been my weekend turn to watch.

AGL

I would ideally like it closest to gen. Especially with a watch like this.. And wouldn't want to be buying a Mark III but then receive a Mark II.

Where did you get yours?

Do you know if Lay offers QC pics?

I just looked through their catalouge and I very much like the Oversize Diver and Diver Tech,

Graham get their inspiration from George Graham from the 17th Century. He made inventions and escapements and was a successful watchmaker in those days.

NCRich

Lay has QC pics.

AGL

Cool! I'll get on that now and see if the have some photos.

AGL.

Nick C

Yeah I read the blurb some while ago just before I got my watch.

I didnt get it from a Trusted dealer here and wouldnt recommend them either to be honest.

I have bought from Lay in the past and he does offer QC pics as well as the video showing the movement, bph etc.... he should have some on his QC page so you can have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/repmake88#p/u

I havent checked to see if there is an Overmark there (over 2700 so I will let you have a look)

I was also keen on the trigger range but havent seen the trusted dealers offering these yet

AGL

I've been through about half of the QC videos and I've seen a few grahams, not the one I am after... all of which have both black triggers and black reset buttons. Movements all look good so I reckon Lay is my best bet as a seller.

I'm going to keep looking to see if there is a video with the Overlord III in one.

Thankyou for the link Nick!

downfromtheglen

Be sure to check out Marvellous Replica. I got a high-end, high beat Chronofighter from them a few months ago. Top shelf customer service in every step of the process. I had a bad experience with timeshops. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, imo.