Theduke.williams

Scroll on by....

Theduke.williams

I've been a supporter of this site for far too long now, I joined in November 2012, and since then I've been encouraged and delighted by the friendly, helpful atmosphere that this place has to offer.

I've seen many people come and go, some have arrived here with a huge splash that unsettled many, but quickly settled into the gentle, if not genteel way that things are done here, even though they are not above calling a c*nt a C*NT when they feel the need!

Sadly we have lost some members who were absolute anchors here, and really contributed to keeping this site the friendly, helpful and safe place it is.

Then I've seen the arrogant pricks who come to this site adopting the attitude that the established members who voice their opinions are interfering old busy bodies who contribute nothing to their posts (albeit a sale or any other type of post), and should 'fuck off' and stop interfering.

generally these clowns have not lasted long here, they trip up over their own tongues and end up upsetting the majority of members with their holier than thou attitude.

I certainly wouldn't want to deal with such people because I can only imagine the headache that any ensuing dispute could lead to;-

There was a saying when I first joined this site - first choose your seller, then choose your watch!

This has been invaluable advice to me, and I steer well clear of these sellers that give off the wrong sort of signals.

So if anything about a sale here doesn't feel right to you the best advice I can now give is.......

SCROLL ON BY!

• Like 12

Redfire1066

Indeed, there is a certain way … a pleasant way to do business on this wonderful RWG Forum.  
There are members who use the forum as a springboard for sales and do not contribute much else.  While these members and their sales provide opportunities for potential purchases to members,  I  would say this; The rules are the rules …..  and it is mostly a positive, happy and cooperative culture amongst our members when dealing with each other and the RWG forum banter can be original, witty and humorous too. … Sadly, some members seem to not grasp the culture of our wonderful RWG forum. 

• Like 8

onzenuub

Fucking noobs

• Like 1

deju

I joined in November 2012 too, this isn't some sort of cyber stalking confession?

Was actually having a rant with @BadPickle about the ways things have changed, how it was a lot more feisty on here, but indeed we have lost a fair few, not just in poor health but also from flame wars and various issues. 

The recent events have left me rather melancholy and withdrawn from the hobby.  

This 100% over:  

1 hour ago, Theduke.williams said:

There was a saying when I first joined this site - first choose your seller, then choose your watch!

This has been invaluable advice to me, and I steer well clear of these sellers that give off the wrong sort of signals.

So if anything about a sale here doesn't feel right to you the best advice I can now give is.......

SCROLL ON BY!

• Like 6

2point

Choose your dealer/seller is the wisest advice I've picked up over the years.

Some stellar M2M sellers out there who really look after their stuff.

Some of the crap that gets put up recently with obvious problems for £££ is disappointing. Put in whatever 'franken' parts you want, but if in the process you scratch the crap out of the dial/hands/screws then the work is worthless. Some even have dust and crap under the crystal, how can you trust the movement if the case is full of crud?

• Like 3

brang1

These fucking annoying pests will pass- no matter how blocked an S-Bend gets in the loo, eventually the turds dissipate and get flushed- it’s still a good site with loads of good people

• Like 8

Ant0702

There are some really great people on here, (a couple  noteworthy in this thread!)and whilst I would never advocate a witchunt, I think more stock should be taken of the impact that some individuals attitude can have on what is (or was) essentially a social forum. I consider myself to be a pretty patient and reasonable person, but even I am getting triggered by some of the crap going on recently. Even now the level of smug self righteousness is frankly beyond irritating. Where’s the respect?? I always understood that if I was taking the piss in a sales thread, particularly  on price , I would get mercilessly roasted on it (not that I have, but I’ve seen it and it kept us all honest). What’s happened? Anyone who questions now risks the gulag and anyone not well versed in the rep arts is more at risk to make an impulsive purchase and getting ripped off. FYI, apropos of nothing, if anyone wants to buy a lovely GENUINE Oris Aquis with box and papers, there’s one on the bay for £700 - just saying…..
I just hope it burns itself out soon.

peace and love!!

• Like 7

Claddingman
3 hours ago, Theduke.williams said:

I've been a supporter of this site for far too long now, I joined in November 2012, and since then I've been encouraged and delighted by the friendly, helpful atmosphere that this place has to offer.

I've seen many people come and go, some have arrived here with a huge splash that unsettled many, but quickly settled into the gentle, if not genteel way that things are done here, even though they are not above calling a c*nt a C*NT when they feel the need!

Sadly we have lost some members who were absolute anchors here, and really contributed to keeping this site the friendly, helpful and safe place it is.

Then I've seen the arrogant pricks who come to this site adopting the attitude that the established members who voice their opinions are interfering old busy bodies who contribute nothing to their posts (albeit a sale or any other type of post), and should 'fuck off' and stop interfering.

generally these clowns have not lasted long here, they trip up over their own tongues and end up upsetting the majority of members with their holier than thou attitude.

I certainly wouldn't want to deal with such people because I can only imagine the headache that any ensuing dispute could lead to;-

There was a saying when I first joined this site - first choose your seller, then choose your watch!

SCROLL ON BY!

Is this to do with all this apple and bad stuff that has bin going on? I was after a breitling and was also put off by comments he made and others were making on those sales posts so smelt a rat so was he right in the first place and got banned or was it more than that? a cuple of guys seemed to be glad to see back of him.

Theduke.williams
42 minutes ago, Claddingman said:

Is this to do with all this apple and bad stuff that has bin going on? I was after a breitling and was also put off by comments he made and others were making on those sales posts so smelt a rat so was he right in the first place and got banned or was it more than that? a cuple of guys seemed to be glad to see back of him.

Bingo!

As annoying as @BadApple could be, he was also very passionate about calling people out. Unfortunately he could be a bit too passionate sometimes! 

I think he crossed the line though when he openly abused the mods here, hence the ban.

I liked him though.

• Like 2

fatarms
1 hour ago, Ant0702 said:

There are some really great people on here, (a couple  noteworthy in this thread!)

Aww, how did you know I was going to post in this thread?  :Love:

Pp04811
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

Bingo!

As annoying as @BadApple could be, he was also very passionate about calling people out. Unfortunately he could be a bit too passionate sometimes! 

I think he crossed the line though when he openly abused the mods here, hence the ban.

I liked him though.

I liked him and although he maybe went too far or did it the wrong way, he was trying to protect members from possible problems with buying certain items. Which is what was always great about this forum. Possible scammers didn’t last long as people more knowledgable nearly always came along and called them out. 
I also find it hilarious that when I saw a name change I was expecting different behaviour, kind of a new start or whatever, only for them to carry on their poor attitude and disregard for help and constructive criticism, even with mods. 
This is not a criticism of mods, you all do a great job and obviously know more than we’re privy to with the scenario. 

Edited by Pp04811
Missed a bit
  • Like 2

deju
39 minutes ago, Pp04811 said:

I was expecting different behaviour, kind of a new start or whatever, only for them to carry on their poor attitude and disregard for help and constructive criticism, even with mods. 

Basically we all expected an improved behaviour. Certainly we are used to a level of care and attention with M2M post's here.

Thats why as @Theduke.williams is right always buy the seller.

To slap dash an M2M is a poor reflection on a seller.  You would really expect a member who flew so close to the wind to pull their socks up.      

• Like 6

BadPickle

Hmmmm, all sorts of wrong doings going on here and there recently and at the risk of this turning into a “why did someone in particular get banned” thread, it’s fair to say the fool in question thought he/she/it was bigger than the forum. 

I too joined in 2012, although a few months earlier than @Theduke.williams and @deju , and seen my fair share of comings and goings over the years. I do wholeheartedly agree with everything that’s said about m2m sales and in my opinion this is where the serious stuff takes place, and whilst I do agree with members pointing out issues with sales, this should be done in a reasonable and civil manner. 
The rest of the forum is open season to tomfoolery though :bollocks:

• Like 6

splke

this calls for some goats with tractors

Goat-Driving-Tractor.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 5

Philiusmaximus

The bloke's a doylem.

Can't be arsed to communicate effectively, shite pictures, ambiguous descriptions, rude, daft prices, dodgy behaviours and links to potential fraudulent sale of a watch on eBay as well as some other things I'll not go into again.

Aye we are all into the murky depths of counterfeit goods here which is why trust and integrity (ironically) is so important.

• Like 5

Phoenixboy
Hmmmm, all sorts of wrong doings going on here and there recently and at the risk of this turning into a “why did someone in particular get banned” thread, it’s fair to say the fool in question thought he/she/it was bigger than the forum. 

I too joined in 2012, although a few months earlier than [mention=29894]Theduke.williams[/mention] and [mention=28365]deju[/mention] , and seen my fair share of comings and goings over the years. I do wholeheartedly agree with everything that’s said about m2m sales and in my opinion this is where the serious stuff takes place, and whilst I do agree with members pointing out issues with sales, this should be done in a reasonable and civil manner. 
The rest of the forum is open season to tomfoolery though :bollocks:

When have you ever been reasonable and civil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GingerApple

KOrj52.jpeg

• Like 3

BadPickle
38 minutes ago, Phoenixboy said:

When have you ever been reasonable and civilemoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not many m2m sales so…… :ohwell: 

Claddingman

looks like choice was made between a new member with alleged dodgy sales and attitude and an ill tempered old hat with a outstanding site reputation but didn't suffer fools or mods lightly.  Am surprised which one won TBh as far as egos go the site seems full of em and they seem to call the shots. Am a mod on a work Facebook site and have to make decisions and sometimes wrong un.

• Like 3

deju
On 20/03/2024 at 18:48, Claddingman said:

looks like choice was made between a new member with alleged dodgy sales and attitude and an ill tempered old hat with a outstanding site reputation but didn't suffer fools or mods lightly.  Am surprised which one won TBh as far as egos go the site seems full of em and they seem to call the shots. Am a mod on a work Facebook site and have to make decisions and sometimes wrong un.

Nobody won out of this. 

• Like 7

brang1
On 21/03/2024 at 04:05, splke said:

this calls for some goats with tractors

Goat-Driving-Tractor.jpg?ssl=1

Hear hear- lately we have had a definite shortage of Goats and anything - off course @splke you are the site G.O.A.T.

KOxFHJ.jpeg

splke

:gotgoat:Nah just an old goat pal 

brang1
11 minutes ago, splke said:

:gotgoat:Nah just an old goat pal 

maybe thats the problem- we are all getting so fakking old - tolerance goes WAY down

• Like 1

Theduke.williams

There's a song that I just can't get out of my head now, after the phrase 'Scroll on by' became so popular on this site.

Every time I read that phrase now this song plays back in my mind with the word 'walk' replaced by 'scroll'

Damn. It's not even as if I am a Dionne Warwick fan, though I must say she was great in her day.

As for the fact that we're all getting older, and less tolerant. That may be so!

I guess though that we all realise that to operate in the world of 'counterfeit' watches, we have to be able to trust each other. That means having an open and honest attitude.

When someone comes here trying to sell such watches, but comes across as flippant and evasive, then acts the victim when questioned and / or criticised, this certainly gets my scammer antenae  twitching.

I've said it many times in previous posts - I love spending my leisure time on this site, especially the M2M section, where there have been amazing bargains over the years, 

I also enjoy the friendly banter that has been a trademark of this site to me (even the sometimes quite heated debates that have taken place).

These recent developments though have left a nasty taste in my mouth, and it makes me feel sad that we could be losing the essence of the RWG community to some extent.

Maybe I'm just becoming a crotchety old bastard :brightlight:

Oh well, think I'll get back to humming 'Scroll on by' in my mind. 

• Like 1

BadPickle
23 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

There's a song that I just can't get out of my head now, after the phrase 'Scroll on by' became so popular on this site.

Every time I read that phrase now this song plays back in my mind with the word 'walk' replaced by 'scroll'

Damn. It's not even as if I am a Dionne Warwick fan, though I must say she was great in her day.

As for the fact that we're all getting older, and less tolerant. That may be so!

I guess though that we all realise that to operate in the world of 'counterfeit' watches, we have to be able to trust each other. That means having an open and honest attitude.

When someone comes here trying to sell such watches, but comes across as flippant and evasive, then acts the victim when questioned and / or criticised, this certainly gets my scammer antenae  twitching.

I've said it many times in previous posts - I love spending my leisure time on this site, especially the M2M section, where there have been amazing bargains over the years, 

I also enjoy the friendly banter that has been a trademark of this site to me (even the sometimes quite heated debates that have taken place).

These recent developments though have left a nasty taste in my mouth, and it makes me feel sad that we could be losing the essence of the RWG community to some extent.

Maybe I'm just becoming a crotchety old bastard :brightlight:

Oh well, think I'll get back to humming 'Scroll on by' in my mind. 

Same for me Duke,  but different song :lol: 

https://youtu.be/ub4rKDkL53s?si=LBgGXYgJ0ADy72c1

• Like 3