NCRich

Snoopy Moonswatch!

Baronrouge

Im half tempted to drive to Liverpool and pick one up. 

Intresting

26th March release. 

GingerApple

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Swatch Exec 1: "I'm astounded how well the Moonswatch sold.  We made these POS out of plastic and still they queued! We literally couldn't make a worse watch if we tried!"

Swatch Exec 2: "Well, you say that, but we could always draw a random kids cartoon on it and daub meaningless words in lume over the dial"

Swatch Exactly 1: "Lol, you're right, that would be even more fucking terrible!"

• Like 3

GC

I’m tempted to get this for my son ( 9yrs old) but I’m hesitant because if I’m not wrong the pushers have a tendency to break… added to that he’s not exactly easy on things 

• Like 1

Redfire1066

£270

Devil
18 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

£270

£800 on eBay :lol:

• Like 3

Redfire1066

Have a handful of them …. got a swatch shop just round the corner that has stock  of Omega X delivered a few times a week … and I pass bye the front doors of that store ….  sometimes 3 times a day ….. but the customer service is awful…. Just awful….  dreadful …. So I have stopped going there since January 2023. 

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
10 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

Have a handful of them …. got a swatch shop just round the corner that has stock  of Omega X delivered a few times a week … and I pass bye the front doors of that store ….  sometimes 3 times a day ….. but the customer service is awful…. Just awful….  dreadful …. So I have stopped going there since January 2023. 

Is it still as busy as it used to be every day? Has the hype died down or has the Blancpain just made it worse? Guessing it will be mental again when this is released next week.

rusky27
Posted (edited)

Boggles the mind that price hiking for something you cant replace or fix, at least the reps you can throw in the bin with the knowledge it only cost a couple of quid, I'll hold out for the Ali version.

Like it though,

moon watch inspired:tick

Beagles:tick

Edited by rusky27
  • Like 1

Devil
18 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

F*ck them! Don't give them your business doesn't matter what company, could at least have some good customer service!

• Like 1

Piccolo
3 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Is it still as busy as it used to be every day? Has the hype died down or has the Blancpain just made it worse? Guessing it will be mental again when this is released next week.

There’s a pop up store in the Trafford Centre, I’ve asked a few times after stuff and they usually have good stock levels on everything.  Quiet apart from on release days, had great service each time I’ve spoken to them… They’re not getting the Snoopy though.

Devil
11 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Someone's backdooring that I assume!

I imagine prices wont be that high on release, but I think this one will be really collectable...

Del

I really like this! I already have two MoonSwatches and would love to add this to my collection. I’m tempted to try to get one but I know it’ll be chaos at my local Swatch boutique on Tuesday morning. The continued demand for these new releases is almost unbelievable.

• Like 1

n18lld

A decent looking summer watch. Sadly only “water resistant”

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
8 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

There’s a pop up store in the Trafford Centre, I’ve asked a few times after stuff and they usually have good stock levels on everything.  Quiet apart from on release days, had great service each time I’ve spoken to them… They’re not getting the Snoopy though.

The Glasgow store was always crazy busy every day with long queues like you’d see on release days, pretty much every day. @Del managed to get me a Mission to Mars when he was passing one day, but I really wanted the Mission to Pluto that @Redfire1066 managed to get for me when he was passing too. It was the same when the Blancpain was released, although don’t think it was quite as popular, as my neighbour managed to get the one he wanted easily within a couple of weeks of release. I love this all white snoopy version, but guess it won’t be the easiest to get a hold of.

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Someone's backdooring that I assume!

I imagine prices wont be that high on release, but I think this one will be really collectable...

There are quite a few on eBay around that price and a few even slightly dearer :Shocked: If anyone pays that for one they really need their head examined!

• Like 3

n18lld
58 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:

£270

£200 for a strap

Redfire1066
39 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Yes, still busy, busy, busy the queues at opening are long and winding in Glasgow. ….. the Edinburgh store on Princes’s Street is a better shopping experience and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly…. Complete opposite to my Glasgow experience  …. They fail to recognise that they are part of the “Swatch Group” and the customers could be compulsive buyers across all brands of that group.  Not only “Swatch Omega X” buyers.  Heartbreaking to hear the contempt I have witnessed in that Glasgow store towards customers.  Not professional.

• Like 1

Devil
10 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:
44 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Yes, still busy, busy, busy the queues at opening are long and winding in Glasgow. ….. the Edinburgh store on Princes’s Street is a better shopping experience and the staff could not be more helpful or friendly…. Complete opposite to my Glasgow experience  …. They fail to recognise that they are part of the “Swatch Group” and the customers could be compulsive buyers across all brands of that group.  Not only “Swatch Omega X” buyers.  Heartbreaking to hear the contempt I have witnessed in that Glasgow store towards customers.  Not professional.

Only good thing I heard about the Glasgow store is it opens at 9am instead of 10am like the rest of the Swatch stores across the UK :lol: (no idea if this is true just what I heard)

Yeah sorry to hear they treated you so poorly mate

• Like 1

Del
8 minutes ago, Redfire1066 said:
42 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

I’ve had mixed experiences in that shop, from “couldn’t really care” to being a right prick to actually quite pleasant (that was a female, the guys are the problem). The trouble is it’s the only Swatch boutique on this side of the country and I’m not making a trip to Edinburgh on the slim, off-chance that they’ll have the watch I want.

• Like 2

Redfire1066

I have skin like a rhinoceros  and I am not easily offended.  …   …  not known to be a sensitive person or be tilted by much ….  I understand and appreciate that we do not need to react to situations.  But not so easy for me to stand bye and see others mistreated and unable to have the words or articulation to express themselves in a positive, balanced and dignified manner. 

• Like 2

fatarms

Remember when Swatch sold plastic watches for $35 and THAT was expensive?

These Swatch things are the Beanie Babies of watches.

• Like 3

Chiquita Fanjita
12 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

I have skin like a rhinoceros  and I am not easily offended.  …   …  not known to be a sensitive person or be tilted by much ….  I understand and appreciate that we do not need to react to situations.  But not so easy for me to stand bye and see others mistreated and unable to have the words or articulation to express themselves in a positive, balanced and dignified manner. 

I think if I was put in a “situation” with them in the Glasgow store where they got my back up, they would be reminded that they sell overpriced plastic watches, some of which may very well carry the Omega and Blancpain names, but aren’t of the ilk to be stocked in either boutique, so don’t act like you work for Patek or Richard Mille!

• Like 1

GingerApple
13 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

so don’t act like you work for Patek or Richard Mille!

I wish they would. The service in Patek is phenomenal.

• Like 1