TanGo

Dulles bag. Handmade.

TanGo

So, the Dulles bag is done!
I use Italian-made calfskin. The lining is a fabric bought from a boutique in Paris. It is a jacquard fabric, the main color is mustard and the pattern is purple. The fabric has a chameleon effect, as at different angles the color looks either mustard or purple.

Frames for such bags can be bought online, but most often they are Chinese and of poor quality.

I bought a long bar of stainless steel 2 mm thick, and my husband made a high-quality reliable frame.

All the seams are made by hand. All cuts are painted by hand.

The fittings are Italian made.

Temporarily I attached a chain instead of the shoulder strap of the bag. Later I will make a strap of leather and sew it by hand....

KySpt5.jpeg
KySTHt.jpeg
KySlep.jpeg
KySBSb.jpeg
KySCEF.jpeg

• Like 7

Piccolo

Awesome work 

• Like 1

TanGo

Ky0ZK1.jpeg
Ky0j9j.jpeg
KySgNv.jpeg
Ky0zM4.jpeg
Ky0HDI.jpeg
Ky0Koc.jpeg
Ky0hTX.jpeg
Ky02bi.jpeg

• Like 5

TanGo
3 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Awesome work 

Thank you :)

I really enjoyed the assembly process.

I want to make this bag model in Gucci textile combined with brown leather  

NCRich

Damn Tango that is a piece of art.

• Like 2

Intresting

It is stunning @TanGo  :)   what are the dimensions?

TanGo
20 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Damn Tango that is a piece of art.

Thank you sir :wub:

9 minutes ago, Intresting said:

It is stunning @TanGo  :)   what are the dimensions?

Thank you !

Length 23cm, width 13.5hm, height 17cm (without handle).

The bag is small in size, but very spacious and comfortable :)

• Like 1

watchnut

As above, that is indeed a piece of art. How many hours has it taken if you don't mind me asking. Has this always been your career or are you just the worlds most talented hobbiest.

TanGo
17 hours ago, watchnut said:

As above, that is indeed a piece of art. How many hours has it taken if you don't mind me asking. Has this always been your career or are you just the worlds most talented hobbiest.

Thank you sir :)

In fact, it was originally a hobby of mine that I made my business. Time-wise, I can't tell you exactly how many hours it took to make this bag since I worked overtime and weekends when I had time, but in total it took 27 days.

I have been making watch straps for several years now, which leaves me no time for other projects.

I made the decision to correct this mistake so that I would not lose the skills I had so far and at the same time learn new skills.

I have several different bag designs in mind and have the right materials to make them. I have not yet received the fittings for them, so as soon as I have them in stock I will continue to work.

• Like 2

watchnut

You need to get yourself on YouTube or the like to show your items with some time lapse photography from a start to finish process. You must get some serious job satisfaction from what you do. Always amazing work.

• Like 2

TanGo
25 minutes ago, watchnut said:

You need to get yourself on YouTube or the like to show your items with some time lapse photography from a start to finish process. You must get some serious job satisfaction from what you do. Always amazing work.

Thank you very much.

I just don't have time to take pictures. I guess it requires good optics as well

While the paint is drying on the edges of the straps, I'm making details for the new Dulles sum. 

It's a combo of dark brown Italian-made leather and Gucci textiles. I haven't decided yet what color hardware I will use - nickel, gold , bronze or blued steel. All parts are sewn, sanded, dyed and polished by hand.

IMG-20240328-172154.jpg

IMG-20240328-172359.jpg

movintage

What wonderful talent you possess! Your passion for the art shows in your beautiful creations. Thank you!

• Like 2

fatarms

WOW!  That's pretty awesome for being hand made!  Nice work TanGo!

• Like 1

TanGo

Well, I've cut and prepared the parts of the Dulles bag in Gucci leather and textile for assembly. 

I managed to get my hands on an authentic red and green Gucci ribbon.

KnH6uS.jpeg

The assembly process promises to be long but exciting. Every detail will be given the utmost attention. 

For example.

In this photo you can see the edges of the parts . One edge is raw and the other is sanded and repeatedly painted and polished by hand 

KnHMOX.jpeg

If this is of interest to any of you gentlemen, I will periodically add photos of the process as progress is made.

My respects, gentlemen  :)

• Like 2

GenTLe

Wow, lovely!!!

Personally on the dark brown one I'd go either for SS or for darkened steel.

watchnut
24 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Wow, lovely!!!

Personally on the dark brown one I'd go either for SS or for darkened steel.

18 hours ago, TanGo said:

Well, I've cut and prepared the parts of the Dulles bag in Gucci leather and textile for assembly. 

I managed to get my hands on an authentic red and green Gucci ribbon.

KnH6uS.jpeg

The assembly process promises to be long but exciting. Every detail will be given the utmost attention. 

For example.

In this photo you can see the edges of the parts . One edge is raw and the other is sanded and repeatedly painted and polished by hand 

KnHMOX.jpeg

If this is of interest to any of you gentlemen, I will periodically add photos of the process as progress is made.

My respects, gentlemen  :)

Yes please, I'd look forward to seeing the ongoing process.