Sign in to follow this  
watchfarma

APSF AP Royal Oak Black Dial Stainless Steel 15400ST.OO.1220ST.01

watchfarma

Just got my hands on an APSF AP 15400 a few weeks ago and now have a bit of time to size the bracelet, so...not a review, but took some photos along the way, because...wow.....

So I'll let the photos do the talking, anyone have questions, please chime in!

Packaging is so professional these days it's just funny, but good to see the...effort? put in for the "experience"? lol

KCUhmY.jpeg

Clean mug shot before we get down to business

KCU2PD.jpeg

Shot from the Right

KCUASk.jpeg

Shot from the Left...so..."clean" is the best word I can think of

KCUHcs.jpeg

Nice clean engraving on the crown, slight marking on the finishing on this particular one.

KCU5rJ.jpeg

Clasp, engraved quite well in my opinion.

KCUeeo.jpeg

Beginning the sizing: taking out a screw. I guess that was the whole point when designing the Royal Oak, but that "jewelry-ness" of that bracelet...is spectacular, and shows something new under different lights, different angles...

KCUUEP.jpeg 

With the bracelet apart, easier to take a caseback shot. The engravings also very nice and solid here. I always quite like the sandblasted finish on the back of the main case itself. The screws also super well polished, I'd say as good as it gets to real black polishing but from certain angles it's certainly black enough for one to admire.

KCUaHW.jpeg

And on an open back case, of course the obligatory movement shots. Good old super clone 15400.  I'll note the rotor seems very well engraved; have seen some pretty average ones with wrong colours and mediocre engraving of the "AP" letters.

KCUiyS.jpeg

Another angle, just to show off the balance bridge, wheel.

KCUogL.jpeg

Finally a no-shame post of the collection lol.

KCUImR.jpeg

Overall, a very very satisfying piece. The 15400 was definitely one of the first reps that really got me so super excited back almost 10 years ago now. If I have time I'll dig that one out and post a shot here lol. Despite all the flaws of that one it was an absolutely joy to wear, just a nice stainless steel automatic watch. I still remember waking up the first morning after receiving the watch; seeing it sit there on the bedside table I really felt a smile creep up on my face lol. Memorable times.  I like the 15400 so much I've never minded paying up for a new one if there's anything meaningful upgraded, and just like this one, every time, I'm still blown away...Super recommended

• Like 1