Sign in to follow this  
chriszammett

What watches are people thinking of getting next?

JohnG
i have a new sea dweller coming form ruby. it's the first watch i have bought in along time.

And it will BE a long time before you get it if its coming from Ruby!

I used to be a big Ruby fan. But she has gone down hill in a BIG way. Of course, you are a mod so you will get it just fine. But my last transaction (Oct.), she send the wrong bracelet. Okay, no big deal. She said I will send you another one. November ends, still no bracelet. Oh, she says, I am sick, will send out right away. Then another month. My hotmail doesn't work she says (WTF, who cares, SEND ME MY FUCKING BRACELET). And so on. It took SIX MONTHS to get a fucking gold jubilee bracelet for a ladies DJ out of her (yeah, I know, they are really rare in GZ)....

She told one lie after another - the last was "I sent it last week, should be there already. Here is the pic of the package" I looked at meta-data on the jpg, the picture was taken THE SAME FUCKING DAY SHE SENT THEM EMAIL. So how the fuck did she photograph a package that had been shipped the week before. That's some trick.

At least TTK just blew you off with honesty (by REALLY blowing you off), not with a bunch of bullshit lies.

She has her mind on other shit, needs to get out of rep business already.

hk45ca

if it was the wrong bracelet why did you ok it for shipment in the pictures she sent you?

if you are in a hurry use the jandrew twins and let them fuck you to death, makes no difference to me.

houndoggie

I just ordered the new Orient Mako diver..

Fatwallet.com has a coupon code (VIP50) for 50% off OrientWatchesUSA.

THis is Harley357 pic of his:

e8db82ca.jpg

JohnG
if it was the wrong bracelet why did you ok it for shipment in the pictures she sent you?

if you are in a hurry use the jandrew twins and let them fuck you to death, makes no difference to me.

I didn't okay it. I said it was wrong, she said, "okay, I send you this one now, will send jubilee one next week, i pay for it, okay? :)" or something along those lines. The watch was already a month late, so I figure she just wanted me off her back and fed me another lie.

As to Jandrew - no fucking way. There are more dealers than just Ruby and Jandrew.

Noobs. ;)

Houddoggie, that Orient Mako is SICK!

We got some homage fever here baby! Can you feel it!!!???

alphakazi

without Ruby, I would have no avatar

let's take a moment to remember the good times we shared with her

I will read your emails as soon as I can, if there is a little delay to reply, please take pains to wait. I am not going to run away,don't worry about that. |:
If the watch price is over 250, it must be new and real swiss eta.

hi my friend

i am very sorry for the late reply. i was ill.

i got the watch back from the factory. it is ready to return.

please give me your address, i will send it off on monday.

thanks

ruby

hi my friend

sorry, it is too late. i sent it off via airmail yesterday.

ruby

so sorry for my lat email. i didn't remember that you returned it to me.

i got a notice from the post office yesterday. i will go to pick it up tomorrow. maybe it is your watch. i will let you know.

thanks

ruby

hi my friend

so sorry for the delay. i was on hoiday.

would you like sending back to me to fix?

i am sorry.

hi my friend, what watch did you send to me ?

not even my gf apologizes that much - it's like stop the fucking stories and send the watch :)

I'm not sure what she said 1/2 the time either

hi my friend,

\

\ if you , that is better.

\

\ if not, this is fine.

\

\thanks!

\

\ruby

but I could never say Ruby scams anyone that's for sure - she's just all over the place - in the end I got my watch - about 6mo. later

hk45ca

you guys must have really pissed her off, she never treats me like that. she gets what i want, when i want. use somebody else, like i said, it makes no difference to me.

JohnG
you guys must have really pissed her off, she never treats me like that. she gets what i want, when i want. use somebody else, like i said, it makes no difference to me.

Nah, she has done a LOT of people like that. The RWG.cc dealer review section is full of stories like that. Also, I used to promote her as a dealer, said, she is slower but worth it. Great prices, friendly service, pics before shipping, etc... Not many people were more pro-Ruby than me. Then the wait times got longer, the excuses lamer, the ladies fg dj (a gift and I told Ruby so) took SIX months before the order was completed properly and I had to get JC involved at RG.

Dude, you are mod (or admin) at RWI. You really think she DOESN'T know that? Stupid she ain't.

From Feb 9 - keep in mind watch was ordered in OCTOBER. And it would be April before it would finally arrive:

sorry, not yet. i ordered another one today.

my office got steal last night, all my stock were gone. i lost about 100 thousand RMB.

i will send it off asap. i know it took too long to ship off. but you got the other band to wear, didn't you?

December 7 - later she apparently forgot this little lie, because no tracking number, no mention of having sent the bracelet, no NOTHING for the next two months....

i sent it off. but i am unable to tell you the tracking number now. i will be back on 13th. if you still receive anything then, email me. sorry. i have been in hospital for a few days.

I have a dozen or so, just like this... all lies. The fattest was the one where she gets testy in April, says,

i dont owe the post office as you know. so, they don't listen to me. see picture attached. rr..cn is the register number. you can contact your local post office. i dont meant to be rude, you still can wear this watch without jubilee. it is a free band for apologize. i hope you understand. just wait a few more days, the mail man will ring the door bell. thanks

I can wear it without the jubilee? This was in April, watch ordered in Oct. WTF?

And she sends a pic with this email, the meta data was from the SAME DAY as the email. That is, the watch HAD NOT SHIPPED ALREADY as she was claiming. Blames it on post office while it is sitting in her fucking outbox.

I hope she is getting better again - maybe whatever other deal she was into didn't work out. People bitched about TTK because it was fashionable, but mean time this shit was going on with a lot of people, NONE of the forums did shit about it. "Where is Ruby" threads all over the place, saw them at RWI too before I was banned, so I know it wasn't just RG and RWG.cc.

In short, if you are a mod or admin at a major replica forum, I would highly recommend Ruby. For everyone else, LOOK ELSEWHERE. And if I were admin, I would still check my movements - Ruby is no more reliable than the twins in that regard.

alphakazi
you guys must have really pissed her off

Ruby was always very nice and polite in each and every email. She was top dog with the Jandrew twins not long ago until a chain of issues arose with different members - one story lead to another and she was almost removed from the famous "trusted dealer" list. I'm sure she is still kicking it but I had my time with her. As for Davies Androsh twins, you can always get the same watch for less - great site though, slow but one of the best.

alphakazi
just wait a few more days, the mail man will ring the door bell.

:D she knew our weaknesses

if she only knew the love you had for her John, she may have done things differently

greg_r
you guys must have really pissed her off

Ruby was always very nice and polite in each and every email. She was top dog with the Jandrew twins not long ago until a chain of issues arose with different members - one story lead to another and she was almost removed from the famous "trusted dealer" list. I'm sure she is still kicking it but I had my time with her. As for Davies Androsh twins, you can always get the same watch for less - great site though, slow but one of the best.

We did actually remove her from the list. However, recent reports suggest she's back on form again, so who knows?

hk45ca

like i said guys, she get's me what i want when i want. if you don't like her don't use her, i have 1,000 times better watches and service from her than i do davidsen so i am good with her.

moral of the story, use who you like and i will do the same......

KBH

I've been trying to buy an Ebel Panda from Narikaa. On his last trip I tried to order it and unfortunately I got a message from him after he got back apologizing that my e-mails were stuck in his spam folder. I thought he was ignoring me. Hopefully I'll get that on the next trip unless a nice one comes up for sale.

Just got the 42 mm Swiss PO from Sead and it came with a broken clasp. Waiting for a new bracelet from him. Not sure if the Swiss model is 3x as good a Narikaa's, though, for 3x the price.

GMTIIC CHS finally got back from Rex with new lume and full service. The GMT hand is finally working right, at least for now. Lume is awesome. Waiting for the Chief cyclops from JohnG.

Also, 2 WM9 Sea Dwellers on order from BK. Probably get them next year some time.

Sorry, no Pams in the pipeline. No cheap gens. No Seikos. No homages. No steriles.

hk45ca

i will add that as part of the admin team at rwi we have to deal with problems between customers and dealers almost every week so i know all the horror stories. if you think you are dealing with somebody that don't have complaints you are wrong.

the only dealer that i have never read a post about people having problems with is narikaa. i have bought one watch from him and it had problems. it took 8 months for it to get taken care of, he took care of it and that is all that was important to me.

trust me when i tell you, i know who is best for me personaly to deal with.

trailboss99

Rep: Ebel Disco Panda

ebel_discovery.jpg

Gen: Kalashnikov AK2282 Justice.

l_AK-228201_AK228201.jpg

Used gen: Either Seiko SNA411a

seiko_SNA411.jpg

Or Seiko 7A38 Mill

seikochronos72.jpg

Or (if I can find one) Seiko Vulcan, the Vulcan crew special. EMF proof, shock proof.

image021.gif

Col.

greg_r
i will add that as part of the admin team at rwi we have to deal with problems between customers and dealers almost every week so i know all the horror stories. if you think you are dealing with somebody that don't have complaints you are wrong.

the only dealer that i have never read a post about people having problems with is narikaa. i have bought one watch from him and it had problems. it took 8 months for it to get taken care of, he took care of it and that is all that was important to me.

trust me when i tell you, i know who is best for me personaly to deal with.

I don't think anybody was suggesting otherwise, HK. Hell, I spent a lot of years working in retail management and I can tell you for a fact that NOBODY gets it right all the time - no matter how hard they try.

Anyhow, I've bought from Ruby myself in the past and it was a good experience. We pulled her off our dealer list some time back while she was having problems - which were, I understand, due to illness. Everything I read lately, however, suggests that she's back on form again.

hk45ca

she told me she is still very tired, it is an after effect of the illness she had that may never go away. her response for me has been about the same as before but that might not mean much, she knows i am generally not in a hurry i just want it right. we had one thread last week that she hadn't responded within 24 hours. i told the customer to resend the email and everything was fine, she even responded to the thread. other than that we haven't received any complaints about her that i am aware of, i wish i could say that about some of the others.

greg_r

Thanks for the info - I saw that thread :D. Sorry to hear she's still having a difficult time. :rolleyes:

P_Diddy

Coming from Stainless steel bracelet background, I am a complete PAM noob...... :D

Looking to whet my PAM appetite with 'quality' offerings at 'budget' prices.

Any ideas which dealers I should be prodding :rolleyes:

greg_r

PrestigeWatchCo (aka Time4Direct) is the undisputed king of the budget Panerais (tough to beat on the expensive ones, too, for that matter). Great range at excellent prices - his $99 111, 113 and Fiddy are wonderful value and if you're willing to spend a little more you won't beat the 233 or 270 for $149.

By the way, wearing Panerai does not preclude steel bracelets, you know - in fact the Panerai bracelet is one of the best around. Here's my 111h on steel - my favourite watch:

111_bclt.JPG

P_Diddy

I will try contacting T4D.... :rolleyes:

is the stainless steel bracelet accurate on the rep, heard that the gen tapers down to 22mm like on a Rolex?

cheers

PrestigeWatchCo (aka Time4Direct) is the undisputed king of the budget Panerais (tough to beat on the expensive ones, too, for that matter). Great range at excellent prices - his $99 111, 113 and Fiddy are wonderful value and if you're willing to spend a little more you won't beat the 233 or 270 for $149.

By the way, wearing Panerai does not preclude steel bracelets, you know - in fact the Panerai bracelet is one of the best around. Here's my 111h on steel - my favourite watch:

Edited by P_Diddy

greg_r
I will try contacting T4D.... :rolleyes:

is the stainless steel bracelet accurate on the rep, heard that the gen tapers down to 22mm like on a Rolex?

cheers

Ah - it's not quite as simple as that. The width is okay, but on the gen the bracelet models have a different fitting from the regular strap models. Therefore to fit a bracelet on a 111, you'd need either a third-party adaptor, or you'd do what a lot of gen owners do and buy an aftermarket bracelet.

alphakazi
111_bclt.JPG

hey, looking good greg - is that a $100 jobbie?

hk45ca

i love a pam bracelet, they compliment the cg, flow with the watch and accent it very nicely. mine is very well made and is very comfortable to me. it makes a heavy combination but feels good on the wrist. i sold this watch but kept the bracelet for my 133e.

dsc02769edited.jpg

dsc02795edited.jpg

greg_r
111_bclt.JPG

hey, looking good greg - is that a $100 jobbie?

Nope - that's a $300 jobbie (actually $350 if you take the band into account, which I bought separately). 'Swiss' mvt, swan neck reg, double AR, decent lume.

Luthier

My next buy:

AP-223-4.jpg