Sign in to follow this  
chriszammett

What watches are people thinking of getting next?

alphakazi
Been thinking about getting the M16 Lumtec automatic:

http://www.lum-tec.com/m_automatic_2009

quite a bit of watch for $600 - seems they got their hands on a nice lot of military surplus and built this watch around it - nice specs... double barrel 80hr PR - 8 layer lume.....but where's the lume shot?

that M17 is sexeh

edit: nvm - I can see the torch on this model...

046-1.297180639_large.jpg

JohnG
pretty cool looking watch

good price, does that one also come with sapphire crystal?

according to Josh's description, yes. Pretty amazing price from Julia. And this rep uses the EXACT movemen that is in the gen - an ETA Quartz.

I hate you.

houndoggie

but I may go for this instead, once I find out how much it'll cost: http://www.saswatchco.com/

Luthier

quite a bit of watch for $600 - seems they got their hands on a nice lot of military surplus and built this watch around it - nice specs... double barrel 80hr PR - 8 layer lume.....but where's the lume shot?

that M17 is sexeh

Oh... Holy Fuck...

But I still want AP Barrichello with red dial... Magnificient watch.

And for $200 less that Josh.

P_Diddy

Can you get an ETA quartz?

according to Josh's description, yes. Pretty amazing price from Julia. And this rep uses the EXACT movemen that is in the gen - an ETA Quartz.

phaedo

On the radar next, although next at the moment will take a few months right now, a FM crazy hours, still don't know wich dial, a yellow dialed Breitling seawolf and what i would really like is a gen Breitling Super Avenger with the white battons dial. Need to do a lot of work first though!

JohnG

Yeah, ETA makes quarz movements too - not just mechanical. Otto Frei's site sells a TON of them. Anyway, the Gen Tag F1 has an ETA quartz, and they say the rep uses the EXACT same movement.... really blurs the lines between rep/gen....

phaedo

Yeah, ETA makes quarz movements too - not just mechanical. Otto Frei's site sells a TON of them. Anyway, the Gen Tag F1 has an ETA quartz, and they say the rep uses the EXACT same movement.... really blurs the lines between rep/gen....

Awesome, a franken straight from the factory!frankenstein-smiley-02.gif

alphakazi

that M17 is sexeh

Oh... Holy Fuck...

But I still want AP Barrichello with red dial... Magnificient watch.

And for $200 less that Josh.

$200 less? really - with a 7750? so how much? I rather a ROO though - I should mosey on down to the AD and check it out 1st...

334_APROO_GINZA.jpg a tad more conservative over the Barrichello :thumbsup:

greg_r

Yikes. Watch number 4 this month. I just ordered a PWC ultimate Fiddy...

Shoulda stuck to crack...

127Eeng1.jpg

alphakazi

4? good job :thumbsup: how much is that fiddy?

greg_r

$299. An absolute bargain imo

JohnG

4?

What happened to "my asshole son in law, I have no money, no watches for me...."?

Well at least you sold the laptops, can pay Visa at the end of month... :thumbsup:

JohnG

Okay it is official - this is coming from Julia - the F1 quartz.... Josh sells for $138 + shipping. I had some store credit for a clasp that was returned ($35) and with shipping and PP fee, minus the credit, she is sending it to me for $70....

7.jpg

8.jpg

Member X

Nice!

I farking love that lum-tec one though, pictured above, but I can't afford the money they're asking for it :)

Next for me (when they turn up...) is the Portuguese 1939, the WM9/BK SD, and I think I'll probably get a getatwatch panerai homage after I've picked up a couple of cheap Parnis ones off ebay :) (crosses fingers lol)

greg_r
4?

What happened to "my asshole son in law, I have no money, no watches for me...."?

I was wondering the same thing. Son-in-law is still an asshole, but I'm totally out of control.... The homages were cheap enough not to worry about, but I couldn't miss this Fiddy, or the 183. :P

Well at least you sold the laptops, can pay Visa at the end of month... :)

Yup - I got it covered, fortunately. Another couple of laptops to sell, so I should still end up ahead - just not as far ahead as I was expecting. I really DO have to stop for a while again now ;).

... but I need some straps... :)

Nice pickup on the Tag btw - looks like a real good deal!

JohnG
4?

I was wondering the same thing. Son-in-law is still an asshole, but I'm totally out of control.... The homages were cheap enough not to worry about, but I couldn't miss this Fiddy, or the 183. :P

Well at least you sold the laptops, can pay Visa at the end of month... :)

Yup - I got it covered, fortunately. Another couple of laptops to sell, so I should still end up ahead - just not as far ahead as I was expecting. I really DO have to stop for a while again now ;).

... but I need some straps... :)

Nice pickup on the Tag btw - looks like a real good deal!

Yup - after getting rid of my SSD, didn't have any true sport watch left - so this will fill the bill. I will wear it when I am pretending to be Fernando Alonso in my Citroen AX....

8.jpg

+

CitroenAX.jpg

=

0.jpg

onzenuub

Ordered the TAG Carrera Day Date 4 weeks ago, still noooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing received.

greg_r

John: good to see that your grasp on reality remains tenuous. Well done :)

Onze: Still!? Bummer :)

JohnG
Ordered the TAG Carrera Day Date 4 weeks ago, still noooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing received.

Josh will come through for you!

onzenuub

Josh will come through for you!

Nope, it is Precious Time. Received a pm the case is being produced now in China :)

pollux1

John, let us know what the Tag is like when it arrives, it seems to be good bang for the buck. Im in the pre-order for a seadweller from wm9, and I'd like a nice Breitling, or either a Radiomir or decent PAM. I'm sitting here just admiring the HBB I have with chief's A/R, seriously it's hard to even SEE the crystal from inches away :)

houndoggie

I can't believe it, once I receive my already acquired purchases and my watches out for mods, I can't really think of anything I must have NOW!

sconehead

I'd get a GMT IIc, noobfactory model... but the cyclops isn't AR'd and it would bug me...