Sign in to follow this  
SB56667

unremovable bezel on Sub?

SB56667

Hey all,

Weird issue with this Sub, which I bought from Robert about a week ago. It's his $50 budget model(!), but all I wanted was a base for experimenting with my first vintage build. For that, it seemed great.

IMG_0304.jpg

First thing I wanted to do was pop off the bezel to bleach it. (It's fully functioning, turns smoothly, precise even clicks.) This turned into an hour-long nightmare, with a screwed-up caseback opener, broken razor knife, ruined mini-screwdriver, and a few other scuffed-up knife blades to show for it.

IMG_0316.jpg

Nothing. Couldn't budge the #@%#$ thing. Is this normal? Is the only option buying a separate bezel remover?

prestigewatchco

Some are tough to get off particularly if they work smoothly. You need even pressure to remove them trying to do it from one side usually tightens then up. You need to lift it from at least 2 sides.

We have a case back tool that does the job but we also fail sometimes and have to send them out to be done.

A DIY way is to get 2 screwdriver bits the kind you get in the cheap sets with the bigger hex fitting file them down to a flat edge on one side and thin enough to enter under the bezel then get a small G clamp and apply pressure to the 2 at the same time

MikeMcNair
Some are tough to get off particularly if they work smoothly. You need even pressure to remove them trying to do it from one side usually tightens then up. You need to lift it from at least 2 sides.

We have a case back tool that does the job but we also fail sometimes and have to send them out to be done.

A DIY way is to get 2 screwdriver bits the kind you get in the cheap sets with the bigger hex fitting file them down to a flat edge on one side and thin enough to enter under the bezel then get a small G clamp and apply pressure to the 2 at the same time

i have heard that heat helps, but honestly, i dont mess with the bezels on the subs etc, they are a HUGE pain in the ass.

Eiderdaus

guys, in order to save energy and money not only read the threads how to remove a bezel, check the info on which subs the bezel is removable and it´s not intended on a 50$ sub.

Luthier

+1.

On cheap Subs bezel is welded to the case.

:thumbsup2:

And why the hell you need to bleach it? It's not your underpants...

SB56667

;)

Because, Luth, HomageForum turned me into a vintage zombie. I now buy watches only to take them apart, destroy them, and reassemble them.

I can no longer remember the time when I used to like anything shiny.

:mummy::mummy::mummy:

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0471b.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

twall

What'd you use, a belt sander on that top PAM?

YIK. ;)

Sorry, just my opinion........ It doesn't even look aged - it just looks destroyed (likke you said).

Edited by twall

Eiderdaus

pull out the pearl and and use the hole from the pearl to remove the insert if you don´t want to open the watch and press out the crystal.

but if you want my opinion....a 14060 should not look the same age a a 5513 or 1650. ;)

Luthier

What a waste...

;)

twall
What a waste...

;)

+1 :mummy:

amuthon

You broke the USA...

broke.jpg

Eiderdaus
+1.

On cheap Subs bezel is welded to the case.

:mummy:

;):mummy: nice luth :mummy:

SB56667
What a waste...

:picard:

Кому как, братан! B)