Sign in to follow this  
alphakazi

Reps in the Toronto classifieds

alphakazi

After my watch buying frenzy today, I decided to have a look see in the local classifieds thinking I could get a couple more deals - Kijiji is the shit - people are blatantly advertising reps in the local classifieds all kinds - it's the fucking rep wild west over here

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-je...QAdIdZ139460995

he posted a gen Bently in his ad so I can tell his angle already :D

I'm sure everything is marked up grossly but ima check it out - says he has over 500 watches in stock

... Dave?

greg_r

Nah, if it was Dave it'd be Breitling only - anyhow, the tone of the ad isn't arrogant enough to be Dave "The Big Girl" or whatever it is they call him over at RG.... :D

Drhulee

I looked at the Kijiiijiji (or whatever it is) site once, and just figured that everything sold there was complete garbage, so I never went back. Has anyone bought anything that wasn't junk from there? I'd take the pics with a grain of salt, as I'm sure I've seen those particular ones used a few times already on the T.O. craigslist site, a couple of years back. :)

JohnG
Nah, if it was Dave it'd be Breitling only - anyhow, the tone of the ad isn't arrogant enough to be Dave "The Big Girl" or whatever it is they call him over at RG.... :)

The Big Foreskin

sconehead

Don't men with little winkies have small foreskins ??? :)

alphakazi
I looked at the Kijiiijiji (or whatever it is) site once, and just figured that everything sold there was complete garbage, so I never went back. Has anyone bought anything that wasn't junk from there? I'd take the pics with a grain of salt, as I'm sure I've seen those particular ones used a few times already on the T.O. craigslist site, a couple of years back. :)

kijiji is great - bought countless things from there but no reps - I can see this guy buys from our dealers, jacks up the price by $100+ and resells - can't blame him really

those pics are of the genuine, at least the Bently is, so yea take it with a grain of salt ;)

JohnG
kijiji is great - bought countless things from there but no reps - I can see this guy buys from our dealers, jacks up the price by $100+ and resells - can't blame him really

Hell no, that is capitalism! And his customers have no customs risk.

alphakazi

AND ya get to check the watch out 1st - still, I wouldn't do it personally considering our dealers reship policy. Has anyone ever lost a watch completely with customs (from trusted dealers) ?

JohnG

AND ya get to check the watch out 1st - still, I wouldn't do it personally considering our dealers reship policy. Has anyone ever lost a watch completely with customs (from trusted dealers) ?

Nope.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it, but hey, for the rep-ignorant, why not. They have customs protection, first hand inspection, maybe can barter price down a little (go in with printout of Josh's page)..... :jingoism:

alphakazi

Nope.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it, but hey, for the rep-ignorant, why not. They have customs protection, first hand inspection, maybe can barter price down a little (go in with printout of Josh's page)..... :jingoism:

seems like 1/2 of reps I've ordered overseas come with some defect - the last one would have cost me over $50 to ship back with tracking... I went the cheap route :heffalump: hope it gets there... but the point is that no matter how great our dealers are and how willing they are to help, going down the street to buy direct definitely has it's advantages - on second thought, I might go check it out actually