Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Gen GMT MasterII raffle at RWG2

alphakazi
If I could get some gurus localisation, I would make a courtesy home visit and a "cleaning" with my .45 caliber tool :P :)

Wooo... I'm sure we're all terrified now. Billy the Propel Hat is on a rampage behind his computer terminal!

What next, will you try to hit your pet gerbile/gold fish with your sequined pocketbook? Your Liberace-esque imitation of a Internet tough guy is

completely undermined by the swishing, simpering, braindead (and badly spelled) tone you adopt throughout your posts. So, take your girly little veiled "tongue in cheek" threats back where they might be more appreciated, little boy.

@alphakazi: I'm sorry too. This thread just disgusts me. I hope it's not a good representation of this forum though.

god no, it's usually more fun loving with stabs at each other but practically everyone here has leather skin and it's all good - sometimes the cracks and insinuations cross boundaries that few of us are even aware of - at least that's how I see things

after you live in the loonie bin for a while, crazy people stop looking crazy :)

JohnG

Funny, I didn't start this thread and I didn't cite ANY "facts" - I trusted the figures which were presented here by others, and which were then CORRECTED by those same people, when I made MY comments. And yet, WHO gets the nasty message from Admin at RWG.cc calling me a liar?

I am fucking disgusted with this thread as well. If someone wants to quote me out of context, and not quote the ENTIRETY of my posts, nor my corrections when others revised the figures they were citing, all to get a jab in at me for shit I did a LONG TIME AGO, and for which I DID MY TIME, and for which I APOLOGIZED REPEATEDLY then yeah, I am fucking disgusted as well.

I am not accusing anyone in particular, don't know who did it, but SOMEONE told Admin at RWG.cc that it was JOHNG spreading "lies" at RWG1.1 That person should grown a pair of stones and accuse me to my face.

Reddons1

sometimes when you shoot from the lip.....

This raffle makes the organizers sound a little fucking greedy.

It doesn't hurt to say "Sorry I fucked up"

JoeyB
That's a "Fat Lady" GMTII. I haven't a clue what that is, but there are at least 3 more of those under $2000 right now.

Gen GMT's sold under $2000?

100% original 1675 (that was auctioned at RWG) is worth a lot more than 16750 or 16710. You're not even comparing the same watch.

I've never seen a legit GMT (any model) selling for less than $3K... not once. Not even the beat up ones. Due to recession there might be some 16710's without paperwork close to 3K but claiming "under 2K" is just ridiculous (and putting all GMT's into the same price basket) proves that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

The 2nd auction you linked still has 5 days left.

PS: RWG.cc admin team has NEVER received one single PENNY. It's very insulting to even hint anything else. I have even paid the postage from my own pocket when I have borrowed watches for the reviews. Reading "veiled allegations" that some people have posted in this thread (of the RWG admin team) just makes me SICK.

By-Tor, You have one hell of a reputation on the watch sites, I've read many of your reviews and was appreciative of your knowledge to help me make the right purchases for me.

But what the fuck is that about? Can you fucking read????

I said, and it was directed to AT's link -

"That's a "Fat Lady" GMTII. I haven't a clue what that is, but there are at least 3 more of those under $2000 right now. There are two vintage GMT Master Pepsi, but again I'm no expert. These look the same as the one up for auction to me. The first one is a 1997, the 2nd is an older 16750.

I was asking questions, not questioning RWGjr. I WOULD NOT QUESTION Lanikai. And I never mentioned anything about what they'd make.

Next time try READING the damn post instead of guessing what it said.

Reddons1

When the post is read as a fluid sentence it does indeed sound like you are questioning the raffle, you even linked to watches as an example.

Going through and highlighting parts does not take away from the insinuation.

By-Tor

<fucking, fucking x 2 etc. deleted...>

"Guessing what you said"?

Did you say exactly this, or did someone hack your password and log into your account?

"there are at least 3 more of those under $2000 right now"

Can you point me to these Web links of the 3 GMT's that are for sale/were sold for under $2000? Let's not be picky here... it doesn't have to be 1675. Let's make it ANY GMT Master made by Rolex... well since the day one.

Of course you can provide me those Web links and I'm sure we can then clear up this obvious misunderstanding.

Thanks for your courtesy and co-operation.

Edited by By-Tor

JohnG
sometimes when you shoot from the lip.....

It doesn't hurt to say "Sorry I fucked up"

I lose my good humor and ability at honest introspection when someone calls me a liar.

In retrospect and knowing what I know now, sure, I fucked up and I should have done MY OWN research before making any comment. But I sure as fuck did not "spread lies" - I commented on a raffle, AS DESCRIBED IN THIS THREAD.

And maybe you can take the hood off and just say who you are rather than adding a guessing game to this thread, all we fucking need right now.

JoeyB
When the post is read as a fluid sentence it does indeed sound like you are questioning the raffle, you even linked to watches as an example.

Going through and highlighting parts does not take away from the insinuation.

Then I'd have to suggest a remedial reading course for you.

The post by AT is right there in the box that I replied to and answered. I didn't even mention the raffle. And if highlighting what I did say doesn't get it through to you, get someone to read it to you.

alphakazi

:P

JoeyB

"Guessing what you said"?

Did you say exactly this, or did someone hack your password and log into your account?

Can you point me to the links of the 3 GMT's that were sold for under $2000? Let's not be picky here... it doesn't have to be 1675. Let's make it ANY GMT Master made by Rolex.

If you can provide me those links I'm sure it'll clear up this obvious misunderstanding.

Thanks for your courtesy and co-operation.

Why would you take what I said out of it's context? I write ALL the words because they ALL mean something.

"That's a "Fat Lady" GMTII. I haven't a clue what that is, but there are at least 3 more of those under $2000 right now."

I told AT that his link was to a fat lady. I said I didn't know what a fat lady was. I said there were at least 3 more fat lady's there and they were under $2000 RIGHT NOW. I didn't say they were sold. I didn't say anything about the watch being raffled in that sentence. I didn't say one fucking thing you are trying to accuse me of.

Can you fucking read?

Reddons1

Hey JohnG maybe I like to keep you guessing maybe if this thread keeps going the way it is then there may be some fun time for me...you know just for shits and giggles, the kind of stuff you are renowned for?

Suffice to say that your boards Admin team knows who I am and thats all that matters.

JohnG
Can you point me to the links of the 3 GMT's that were sold for under $2000?

As seen quite clearly in the post you quoted, Joey didn't say that ANY GMT's were sold for under $2000. Sure, it takes a dimwit to look at an incomplete auction and use the bid price to make any comparison, but we don't ban people here or give them time outs for being stupid sometimes. I do it all the time, people know me here, are my friends, say, "hey he is basically a good guy, we cut him some slack because he helps out when asked, can be funny, and shares lots of cool info on the forum."

That's the way it works here. So if Joey made a mistake, he did it unintentionally, as did everyone here. Big deal. As they are always saying at the other forums, (and haven't seen Admin/mods ANYWHERE contradict these statements) this forum is a piece of shit, not even a forum at all, "shouldn't be cited among the rep forums", etc. etc... so WHY does everyone suddenly care what is said HERE??? This place is a backwater of Appalachian inbreeders, that's what they say, so who cares. Really.

JohnG
Hey JohnG maybe I like to keep you guessing maybe if this thread keeps going the way it is then there may be some fun time for me...you know just for shits and giggles, the kind of stuff you are renowned for?

Suffice to say that your boards Admin team knows who I am and thats all that matters.

Well it ain't THAT important, you ain't Dems, and if you were Dave or Flakey you would know that HERE, you don't have to disclose shit to Admin about alternate shit-stirring id's its all good here. So that leaves, who? No one of any importance, that's for sure.

JoeyB
Can you point me to the links of the 3 GMT's that were sold for under $2000?

As seen quite clearly in the post you quoted, Joey didn't say that ANY GMT's were sold for under $2000. Sure, it takes a dimwit to look at an incomplete auction and use the bid price to make any comparison, but we don't ban people here or give them time outs for being stupid sometimes. I do it all the time, people know me here, are my friends, say, "hey he is basically a good guy, we cut him some slack because he helps out when asked, can be funny, and shares lots of cool info on the forum."

That's the way it works here. So if Joey made a mistake, he did it unintentionally, as did everyone here. Big deal. As they are always saying at the other forums, (and haven't seen Admin/mods ANYWHERE contradict these statements) this forum is a piece of shit, not even a forum at all, "shouldn't be cited among the rep forums", etc. etc... so WHY does everyone suddenly care what is said HERE??? This place is a backwater of Appalachian inbreeders, that's what they say, so who cares. Really.

Hey JohnG, fuck you too. Which part of "right now" eludes you?? Where did I fuck up, assuming you can read?

Reddons1

It seems you are confusing RWG with other boards, if I remember correctly we gave you a home whilst this board was set up and we also include the members of this board in any venture (photo comp) that we undertake etc etc

Maybe thats why we don't expect members here to undermine our projects, yes I know you want to pan off the responsibility of what you said to the OP of this thread but surly we all need to know what we are talking about before we comment?

JoeyB
It seems you are confusing RWG with other boards, if I remember correctly we gave you a home whilst this board was set up and we also include the members of this board in any venture (photo comp) that we undertake etc etc

Maybe thats why we don't expect members here to undermine our projects, yes I know you want to pan off the responsibility of what you said to the OP of this thread but surly we all need to know what we are talking about before we comment?

Who is that directed to?

JohnG
Hey JohnG, fuck you too. Which part of "right now" eludes you?? Where did I fuck up, assuming you can read?

You fucked up by throwing out a number in a way that led a lot of people to think that the numbers meant anything. If they were from auctions that weren't over, then the numbers are meaningless and only confuse people in the thread.

Its okay, I have done stupider stuff than that, and on this forum we are allowed to make mistakes and we don't get sent to our rooms or sent packing. We just argue and bitch and bitch-slap each other until we either get tired, or there is actually some new understanding (usually we just get tired).

Who is that directed to?

That was to me Joey

JohnG

Anyway, ignore the troll, if he wants to man up and say who he is then he will get some respect, otherwise he is a little bitch punk who is too scared to say his piece with his own handle.

Anyway, Joey, don't get sore, your post did create some confusion, but so did many others, who cares, it is something that had already been corrected in the thread BEFORE people felt a need to come over and tell us how to run our forum.

alphakazi

in JoeyB's defense, he has a valid point

you can see an implication there or just someone that's being literal - he said clearly he "has no clue" which is on par for Joey anyhow :)

kidding aside - in this statement...

again, can be taken as an implication (most would I'm sure) or just someones opinion on what it "could" be based on other members posts

one person talks out of his ass and the other comments on the smell

it's the way of RWG

Reddons1

So anyway I would love to stay and chat but I have things to do.

All I say is think about the damage a wrong word can do at the wrong time, for this reason alone you need to check your facts before making comment.

JoeyB
You fucked up by throwing out a number in a way that led a lot of people to think that the numbers meant anything. If they were from auctions that weren't over, then the numbers are meaningless and only confuse people in the thread.

Sorry, JohnG, I don't buy that bullshit. I said "right now" and provided links on auctions that were not over.

So far the only mistake I can see that I made was assuming some people can read.

JohnG

All I say is think about the damage a wrong word can do at the wrong time, for this reason alone you need to check your facts before making comment.

There aint no "damage" you fucking weener, just confusion that was already cleared up before your little valiant ass come along, so yeah, run along little doggy. :)

Reddons1

How about buying into something that was way over your head?

JoeyB

You should think about taking a reading course. Of course, you'd have to take a thinking course first.

JohnG

Sorry, JohnG, I don't buy that bullshit. I said "right now" and provided links on auctions that were not over.

So far the only mistake I can see that I made was assuming some people can read.

Yes, a very literal reading yields that result, but when you quote figures, people assume they have meaning and don't parse words and grammar and punctuation. Figures from UNFINISHED auctions are meaningless as an indicator of market value. Yeah, we should have clicked the link, we didn't, it's all been corrected now, so no biggy, just a little weener with a fake id trying to stir shit now, that's okay too, but he won't have staying power, I can tell that right now.