Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Gen GMT MasterII raffle at RWG2

alphakazi
So anyway I would love to stay and chat but I have things to do.

All I say is think about the damage a wrong word can do at the wrong time, for this reason alone you need to check your facts before making comment.

I can't tell you how much you're barking at the wrong tree

I noticed you brought up that you allowed us to use your forums while we set up - there is no point even throwing that in our faces - are you admin there btw? forgive me, I live in a box here

this issue has already been blown out of proportion and it's only usefulness is entertainment at this point

JoeyB
You fucked up by throwing out a number in a way that led a lot of people to think that the numbers meant anything. If they were from auctions that weren't over, then the numbers are meaningless and only confuse people in the thread.

Sorry, JohnG, I don't buy that bullshit. I said "right now" and provided links on auctions that were not over.

So far the only mistake I can see that I made was assuming some people can read.

Yes, a very literal reading yields that result, but when you quote figures, people assume they have meaning and don't parse words and grammar and punctuation. Figures from UNFINISHED auctions are meaningless as an indicator of market value.

The level we were talking about in the first post I made prior to that was $3000. So citing something that's on Ebay at $2000 right now, in an auction that wasnt yet over shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.

By-Tor

@JohnG: It's not about forums. It was the "allegations" that were posted in this thread. It wouldn't matter if they were posted at RWG.cc... I would have reacted exactly the same way.

It's only the people that matter to me. I have always shared all my stuff with all forums. I was going to share with you guys as well but have forgotten (due to my very busy personal life in the last 3-4 months). Personally, I have never cared about the forums and the stupid "territorial sandbox games" that people play. Au contrary, I've always tried my best to promote the co-operation of all forums. And I'm 37 years old and I have many more important things in my life that I have to care about. Watches and these forums have ALWAYS been pure fun to me. I hate all kinds of drama shit (like this).

But when someone is posting utter shite and "backing up" this utter shite with UTTER SHITE facts, I think it's time to stop being friendly and polite and treat these allegations as such. (ie. "utter shite").

I know all of our team members very well, and you wouldn't believe how genuinely friendly and good people they are. They do voluntary work for their friends at RWG.cc because they love watches and this community. It might sound naive and stupid in today's cynical world where people usually have cash registers where their heart should be... but it's 100% truth. RWG.cc is completely non-profit forum... we really don't get a f*ckin DIME. (I don't know if TT gets though, he just bought a Harley). :)

If you don't want to believe this and think that we collect money from these raffles... well... I can only shake my head. Internet is such a devil... you can post practically anything you wish without actually "slandering" someone. But next time when anyone posts this kind of crap, make sure you have at least a few aces in your sleeve. Otherwise I will roast your arse. This "attack" against our admin team was totally clumsy, very badly planned (or 100% impulsive) and unbelievably amateurish.

That being said, if you realize it even yourself now... I don't think it's a big deal, but isn't it time to apologize the guys? As for myself... well I don't really give a shit.

JohnG
I noticed you brought up that you allowed us to use your forums while we set up - there is no point even throwing that in our faces - are you admin there btw? forgive me, I live in a box here

this issue has already been blown out of proportion and it's only usefulness is entertainment at this point

He DIDN'T bring up that almost ALL the members who used their forum PAID for memberships at RWG.cc As far as I know, that gave them a RIGHT to use the forum.

That little factoid ALWAYS gets forgotten. When you join RWG.cc and pay for a membership, I think that makes you a SUPPORTING MEMBER. Or am I mistaken about that too? :)

yeah, entertainment value Kazi, because the facts have been clarified, I am only here for the popcorn at this point....

:popcorn:

alphakazi

He DIDN'T bring up

*nods*

if I remember correctly we gave you a home whilst this board was set up and we also include the members of this board in any venture (photo comp) that we undertake etc etc

Maybe thats why we don't expect members here to undermine our projects, yes I know you want to pan off the responsibility of what you said to the OP of this thread but surly we all need to know what we are talking about before we comment?

but you could always argue the phrase "if I remember correctly"

and the story continues

:)

JohnG
That being said, if you realize it even yourself now... I don't think it's a big deal, but isn't it time to apologize the guys? As for myself... well I don't really give a shit.

Of course we are sorry. We ARE sorry. Or I am, JoeyB maybe not so much.... :)

But when the other forums' mods come over here (not you) and literally call the place a cesspool, they shouldn't later complain if there is some big brown floaters bobbing up and down in here. It is what it is, we talk in here the way we would talk in a dive bar - just talking shit, much of it out of thin air, and if someone really comes over here and thinks that this place is considered by ANYONE as a source of reliable information (and therefore that what we say here has ANY importance, then they should have their head examined. NO ONE at the other forums believes a WORD of what is spoken here.

And that is the way it should be. God forbid the members at the other forums start to take us seriously and come in here and discover our selection of secret rep and homage dealers.... they are for US - everyone else can have the twins.

So we apologize, but really, don't take what is said here so seriously. Jeesh, sometimes things are boring and we get out of hand. When has it been any different?

JohnG

PWC sitting down there, not saying a word....

:):popcorn::lol:

alphakazi

too much popcorn to type

oily hands and popped kernels on the keyboard

JoeyB

JoeyB maybe not so much.... :)

Not at all. If by-Tor was a man at all he'd apologize to me for the false accusations and starting shit here because he can't read.

alphakazi

Not at all. If by-Tor was a man at all he'd apologize to me for the false accusations and starting shit here because he can't read.

oh come on Joey... dig deeper than that

By-Tor
"That's a "Fat Lady" GMTII. I haven't a clue what that is, but there are at least 3 more of those under $2000 right now."

Oh yeah? I asked you to provide me the links. Where they are?

Gen Fat Lady under $2K... there must be a lot of people ready with the PayPal button.

Can you fucking read?

Instead of all this juvenile swearing you could stop running laps and provide something to back up your ridiculous claims.

That means in English: Links please.

Thanks (again).

JoeyB

oh come on Joey... dig deeper than that

I surely can. NO ONE accuses me of something I didn't do.

JohnG

By-Tor

Apparently you're not very bright, are you?

Once again: You posted a claim that there are 3 GMT Masters for sale "under $2K". And repeated that claim in your previous reply.

I only "accused" you for posting that claim, which is definitely true. We can all scroll back this thread and see that you actually did.

Then I asked you to provide those links (to those sales).

You replied that "I can't read" (referring to me). Actually it's true (partially) because I still can't read those links anywhere. Perhaps you made them invisible?

Then I asked you to provide the links again. You still haven't. Again you replied that "I can't read".

I'm getting pretty tired with this game already... it's like playing Ping Pong with PeeWee Herman. Are you going to post the links to those watches in question... or admit that you posted stupidity?

Which is going to be? I'm not in a mood to share expletives. You can probably go to the AOL chatrooms for that stuff.

Edited by By-Tor

alphakazi

how about RA blasting in here with guns blazing LMAO :)

JohnG
how about RA blasting in here with guns blazing LMAO :popcorn:

Oh yeah, RA in here now would be interesting, but he is asleep (its LATE here in Europe)...

By-Tor, forget about Joey, he doesn't always remember to take his medication(s) and then this kind of thing happens...

alphakazi

I'm sure By-Tor is unaware of that - I've only recently learned this

JoeyB

Apparently you're not very bright, are you?

Once again: You posted a claim that there are 3 GMT Masters for sale "under $2K". And repeated that claim in your previous reply.

I only "accused" you for posting that claim, which is definitely true. We can all scroll back this thread and see that you actually did.

Then I asked you to provide those links (to those sales).

You replied that "I can't read" (referring to me). Actually it's true (partially) because I still can't read those links anywhere. Perhaps you made them invisible?

Then I asked you to provide the links again. You still haven't. Again you replied that "I can't read".

I'm getting pretty tired with this game already... it's like playing Ping Pong with PeeWee Herman. Are you going to post the links to those watches in question... or admit that you posted stupidity?

Which is going to be? I'm not in a mood to share expletives. You can probably go to the AOL chatrooms for that stuff.

Apparently you are illiterate.

That, or you just prefer to lie about what I said. I've not only repeated it to you, I spelled it out for you. If you are that dumb, I can't help you. My post was addressed to another poster, not you, and did not even mention the watch on RWGjr.

But the fool that you are, reading every other word, in between lines, and leaving words out, you come up with something I never said.

So, are you ignorant, illiterate or just a liar? I suspect all 3. I know you aren't a man. You're wrong and won't apologize.

how about RA blasting in here with guns blazing LMAO :popcorn:

Oh yeah, RA in here now would be interesting, but he is asleep (its LATE here in Europe)...

By-Tor, forget about Joey, he doesn't always remember to take his medication(s) and then this kind of thing happens...

Hey john, fuck off.

Reddons1

@alphakazi please re-read my post in the context of a reply to this from JohnG.....

That's the way it works here. So if Joey made a mistake, he did it unintentionally, as did everyone here. Big deal. As they are always saying at the other forums, (and haven't seen Admin/mods ANYWHERE contradict these statements) this forum is a piece of shit, not even a forum at all, "shouldn't be cited among the rep forums", etc. etc... so WHY does everyone suddenly care what is said HERE??? This place is a backwater of Appalachian inbreeders, that's what they say, so who cares. Really.

The idea was not to throw anything in anyones face but to point out that we are not the people that John refers to about calling this board a shit site.

JoeyB sounds so very much like my friends teenage kids, maybe he should butt out and let the adults sort this?

Edit BTW John can you please tell me who was forcing your people to pay supporter fee's, we will see they are reprimanded.

Edited by Reddons1

JoeyB
@alphakazi please re-read my post in the context of a reply to this from JohnG.....

That's the way it works here. So if Joey made a mistake, he did it unintentionally, as did everyone here. Big deal. As they are always saying at the other forums, (and haven't seen Admin/mods ANYWHERE contradict these statements) this forum is a piece of shit, not even a forum at all, "shouldn't be cited among the rep forums", etc. etc... so WHY does everyone suddenly care what is said HERE??? This place is a backwater of Appalachian inbreeders, that's what they say, so who cares. Really.

The idea was not to throw anything in anyones face but to point out that we are not the people that John refers to about calling this board a shit site.

JoeyB sounds so very much like my friends teenage kids, maybe he should butt out and let the adults sort this?

Maybe you should take your head out of your ass. You two attacked me for no reason other than neither of you can read. I'd think your friend's teenage kids could teach you a thing or two.

Reddons1

I knew that would get a rise out of him....works on my friends teenage kids too.

JohnG
Edit BTW John can you please tell me who was forcing your people to pay supporter fee's, we will see they are reprimanded.

Nobody said that Sherlock. I said those who paid up were not your "guests" - they were paying members. And they were pretty much ALL of us. So quitch yur fuckin bellyaching.

JohnG
I knew that would get a rise out of him....works on my friends teenage kids too.

Well well, now I know why the mask - weener like the drama, but he wouldn't be considered "A-list" anymore at RWG.cc if it were generally known that he is slumming over here....

Fucking noobs :lol:

Reddons1

Not I thats doing the bellyaching John, look at my post #69 thats your quote I posted there, I simply responded to that.

You know point out that you were wrong.....again

alphakazi

*goes back a page, get's lost in the confusion... goes back to the bag*

:lol: