Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

what watch tools should one have?

tyrantblade

In general for taking care of a watch and making adjustments when needed.

digger2

Small screw driver (-) , tooth pick for adjusting (speed), springbar tool, o-ring grease, rubber ball for opening, link remover tool and a small hammer are the most essential ones I think.

:-)

anthonyd
Small screw driver (-) , tooth pick for adjusting (speed), springbar tool, o-ring grease, rubber ball for opening, link remover tool and a small hammer are the most essential ones I think.

Can I ask what one would typically use the hammer for?

offshore

Knocking in nails I guess! B)

Brightlight

To use with a cold chisel to remove the back. Also useful for 'vintagising' techniques.

wat44

I have used the hammer quite a bit (pins for bracelet adjustment)

just get the watchbitz toolkit

tyrantblade

Rofl > $120 for tools? that's ridiculous, surely you could do with a set of tools costing much less

offshore

Rofl > $120 for tools? that's ridiculous, surely you could do with a set of tools costing much less

Yeh, sure seems like a lot for just a few tools.

Maybe you would be better with one of those $19.95 sets from Ebay.

Seems like they offer a lot of tools for not a lot of money.

O/S

amuthon

remember your words when you scratched a caseback or fucked a screw with cheapy crappy tools. . .

:lol:

digger2

I was thinking of bracelet pins. I also forgot the crystal press, often crystals are not seated properly.

tyrantblade

remember your words when you scratched a caseback or fucked a screw with cheapy crappy tools. . .

:johng:

The tool set is really worth > $120?

greg_r

:paddy_beer:

No, it's worth a damn sight more. It's a bargain at that price. You can also get the same kit with a member's discount from RWGshop (hit the button in the menu bar above).

wat44

tyrant - why dont you think before posting?

WebWind

:band:

No, it's worth a damn sight more. It's a bargain at that price. You can also get the same kit with a member's discount from RWGshop (hit the button in the menu bar above).

+1 000 000

RWG Shop is best little shop on the internet!

powderfreak

Seriously, stay away from cheap (bookstore, bay, blabla...) tools, they are absolute crap and will arrive with rust and dust. After using them once most of the stuff will be bent, broken or useless from the beginning. Save yourself the trouble and get the good stuff right away :)

MikeMcNair

A good horologist is only as good as his tools!!!!!!

trailboss99

Are you for real? For the price you won't do better anywhere. We sell those tools to the pros mate, they are as good as any available. Then again I bet you buy your auto maintenance tools from the five and dime, right? Please don't insult me, we go to great lengths to bring the best available products to you guys at the best price point anywhere. You think that is expensive? Price that little lot up from Bergeon! The result would be in the 1000's.

Just how many of those sets have WB and RWG sold now OS?

Col

RWG shopkeeper

pback

would anyone mind posting a link to the aforementioned kit from RWG Shop. I've looked all over for it, but can't seem to find it in there.

offshore

Just how many of those sets have WB and RWG sold now OS?

Col

RWG shopkeeper

Col, We are fast approaching 300 of these tool kits being sold......so someone reckons we are offering value for money!

And, more than 100 have been sold at the full RRP of $122.50 PLUS 10% GST in Oz!

These aren't the BEST tools around, BUT they are the best VALUE for money!

It is difficult to draw the line on quality vs cost, but I reckon this is the best attempt made, without spending $200+ on a kit!

And we do continue to look for improvements which increase the value within the kit.

The recent trip has confirmed a couple of upgrades which will come on line in the coming months.

And in 1 case it will not add to the cost of the kit, even though our buying price will rise.

Because we do care about the quality of what we offer.

O/S