Sign in to follow this  
P_Diddy

Asian 7750 movement rotar noise

P_Diddy

Hi,

I posted over at the other forums but got mixed responses:

Does the Asian 7750 movement rotar noise sound like a SHWIRR SHWIRR Shwirr shwirr wirr wirr wirr sound when you shake the watch from side to side?

Do gen watches that use the real Swiss ETA 7750 suffer from the same affliction?

Cheers

PD

onzenuub

Yes, and to make the moise less you could take it to a watchsmith and ask him if it needs some lubricant.

P_Diddy

It will cost me about at least $80 to get a rep serviced ie send it via post, serviced and posted back to me. :)

is it signicantly less noise after a lubrication by a watchmsmith.

Yes, and to make the moise less you could take it to a watchsmith and ask him if it needs some lubricant.

onzenuub
It will cost me about at least $80 to get a rep serviced ie send it via post, serviced and posted back to me. :)

is it signicantly less noise after a lubrication by a watchmsmith.

Depends on how it is lubricated now.

AustinTech

The Swiss 7750 don't make much noise, but they do make a little. They also wobble a bit. All part of the fun...

onzenuub
The Swiss 7750 don't make much noise, but they do make a little. They also wobble a bit. All part of the fun...

Everything Swiss wobbles a bit :)

greg_r

Well, except for the mountains...

And chocolate...

onzenuub
Well, except for the mountains...

And chocolate...

Women wobbling on chocolate :)

RolexAddict

Yes, an oiling will reduce a little the noise, I would suggest to use a little bit of grease witch is better to reduce the noise on rotor/automatic gears

Also the automatic device of the A7750 allows to wind the main spring only one way. The other way the rotor turn free, that also the reason of the noise.

Also after a few little turns given with the crown to wind the mainspring, or after your wore the watch a full day, the accumulated power reserve will help to reduce the noise

P_Diddy

does the Asian 7750 wobble 'even more loudly' when the movement is shaken from side to side?

RolexAddict

yes,

This happen often when the mainspring is weak -no enough wond- wear your watch a full day, with your natural wrist motion the mainspring will accumulate power and the spinning noice will be reduced. Or wind the watch gently, give it 15 little turns to start and then see

P_Diddy

how about putting on a watch winder for a few hours, is that the same as wearing it for a full day?

yes,

This happen often when the mainspring is weak -no enough wond- wear your watch a full day, with your natural wrist motion the mainspring will accumulate power and the spinning noice will be reduced. Or wind the watch gently, give it 15 little turns to start and then see

AllergyDoc

I've had 3 winders and none of them could wind a 7750 because they held the watch at too shallow an angle. The winder should hold the watch at ninety degrees.