Sign in to follow this  
KBH

GMTIIC back from Rex

KBH

All pictures with camera set at Auto. What you see is what I got.

DSCN3333.jpg

DSCN3334.jpg

GMT-lume.jpg

And the GMT hand actually follows the hour hand correctly now.

If I'd only get the Chief cyclops from John that I bought a month ago....... :D

houndoggie

Nice...

Massimo

Looks fantastic, I love the lume.

AllergyDoc

A great replica made even better.

alphakazi

very nice KBH

AustinTech

very nice indeed!

Does Rex do AR, or are we still stuck with Chief? Chief is awesome, but he doesn't do many runs anymore.

AllergyDoc

I think Rex is starting to fiddle with AR.

Drhulee

Alright, I know it's an old thread, but I've only acquired a GMTIIc rep recently, my first and only Rolex rep or gen (probably my only one, as it's the only one I like).

Mine is the so called "Ultimate Best" :lol:, but I was wondering about the crystal/cyclops thing mentioned here. I know he rep cyclops is higher than the gen one, seems like it towers above the crystal :), is the Rex mod referenced here something to do with this issue as well or is it just AR related? And what is the AR problem with these reps anyway?

Thanks

AustinTech

Drhulee - the AR problem has to do with the cyclops. The gen has AR coating on the cyclops and the rep does not. It's a 1/2 decent "tell" between the rep and the gen if you really want to try see which is rep and gen.

The rest of the crystal doesn't have AR.

KBH

Rex only serviced the movement and lumed it. I ended up putting a Chief Ar'd cyclops on but to be honest, it made very little difference. Apparently the gen is ar'd on the backside of the crystal but only where the cyclops sits. There is currently someone on RWI that just did a run of cyclops' with AR.

As a further update that crappy CHS movement started slipping the GMT hand again shortly after I got it back from Rex. I finally took it out and replaced it with an Eta 2893-2 GMT movement.

Drhulee

That's weird, the rep I just got from Sead looks to have an AR'd cyclops. At certain angles you get a reflection on the main crystal, but the cyclops area is completely clear as thouth there wa a hole in the crystal. Is that normal?

I have to admit I'd never be able to tell this from a gen one, and I have a lot of friends who go for the whole Rolex thing so I'm always seeing gens.

Really the only thing I took note of, was the height of the cyclops, the gen ones seem much lower.