Sign in to follow this  
Ray

What's a Noobfactory?

Ray

:) Excuse my ignorance but how does a noobfactory differ from a non noobfactory?

I asked my TD to get me a Breitling SOH V2 swiss eta at $258 and was told it is out of stock from the noobfactory but can obtain one from another factory! Apparently not V2! but did not state which version can be got.

What ever it is, it can be got with an asian eta movement at $225, is this as good as the swiss eta?

Can someone advise please. :lol:

greg_r

Noobfactory is a relatively meaningless marketing term. I'd ignore that bit.

However the important factor given the watch you want is the version. The v2 SOH was the best and almost indistinguishable from the gen. However, it is no longer made. Since then, the factory that made the v1 rep have upped their game and improved dial, crown and bezel on their version which is, by all accounts, now almost as good. I've not seen one in person yet (plannig to buy, however - I have a blue v2 but want a black one as well), but if you want an SOH, the one you are being offerred is the best currentily available.

Yes, go for the Asian clone movement.

seclark007

Ray, noobfactory is where they build noobs!

I am no expert, but i wouldn't get hung up on the noobfactory thing...there are a lot of more experienced folks here that would be able to give you a better explanation...in essence noobfactory is a specific manufacturer that doesn't exist anymore. There are places to get quality SOH V2's, but they're rare...very rare these days.

I have asian ETA's in most of my high beats. I think you'll find that most prefer the asian ones to the "swiss ETA's" as many of those are asian to begin with, or are fitted with asian repair parts.

Hope that's a little help.

s

Nick C

If you were after a SOH V2 Mary did have one left but not sure if she still has it.

I picked one up as of a couple of weeks ago so you might still be in luck.

Ray

Hey guys , I can't thank you all enough for the info you have given me, I am still very green about these things, you have put my mind at rest and will be ordering the asian eta versian, at $225 it's got to be a good deal.

Will post with pic's when I receive it.

My best to you all. :dingleberry-nemesis:

Ray