Sign in to follow this  
anniescotland

hello everyone

anniescotland

Hi all. I have an unusual problem. My son was given an armani watch in 2007 for a wedding gift from his now wife. She bought it from a reputable jewelers shop in Stirling. He recently took it for a repair to the watch face and has now been informed that this watch is a fake. Unfortunately, he cannot find the receipt and the shop cannot trace any purchase, however, the box that it came in has a barcode on the bottom and the shop confirmed that yes, the box was from them but they are standard boxes and does not confirm that the watch actually came from their shop. As this was purchased by a credit card, my daughter-in-law is now awaiting a reply from them after asking for a copy statement from the time she purchased it. I'll keep you posted about the outcome of that. They are both obviously concerned now as they have both bought several more watches from the same shop and are naturally curious if they are all genuine or not. Any tips to find out if this watch is a fake? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Annie

midasmook

First of all for anyone on here to tell if a watch is a fake we would need to see pictures.

Secondly Armani is not a watch that many members on this forum would buy a replica of, I have an Armani but it's gen and was cheaper than any of the reps I own.

Did you ask how they knew it was fake ?

myaz

You can predictably say that the store will claim they sold a genuine watch and can't say what happened after the watch left the store.

The credit card Co will say that it's past the time to contest a charge.

A different repair person can give a 2nd opinion but this will cost an extra charge.

I can't see much that can be done other than a facebook type posting that you would hope to have go viral.

Del

Firstly, hello and welcome! :P

Your story is very interesting. It's clearly concerning if a jewellers is selling fake watches as genuine ones but if you don't have evidence then I guess there is nothing you can do. However, if the other watches bought from the same place are in question and you have receipts then perhaps you should get them checked out too.

Depending on the brand and model, you could try posting up good, clear, close-up photos in this forum and see if anyone can tell you if they are replicas or not.