Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

Massive Homage Thread at WUS

alphakazi

not in a state of mind to read but I did enjoy this pic

6432-2_2.jpg

not to be confused with cheapie

trailboss99

Soooooo, homages are oke in their opinion are they? Still a copy right breach but only a little white one?

Bah! That's two faced considering how they would react to the exact same watch with Panerai on the dial.

Talk about spliting hairs.

Col.

greg_r

Col: quite. Other than the legality issues, I really don't see the difference.

I need to stay out of that thread btw... two watches this month despite being broke. Gotta stop for a while now. :Doh:

alphakazi

I need to stay out of that thread btw... two watches this month despite being broke. Gotta stop for a while now. :Doh:

you're admin of a watch board last time I checked - stop fooling yourself

AustinTech

I've called them out on that "no-reps but homages are a-ok" shit several times. I dont really care - it's just fun to see the hair splitting logic applied to the situation by many of the members.

After everyone's had a go at me I tell them their are worse things in the world to worry about, and include links to new stories of horrible stuff.

greg_r

Fuck.

;)

JohnG

I need to stay out of that thread btw... two watches this month despite being broke. Gotta stop for a while now. :rofl:

Fuck.

:rofl:

Dude, you are getting rich off this board - don't pretend you can't afford those watches.... I wonder how many GENS you have bought with our "VIP Supporter" money? :rofl:

I've called them out on that "no-reps but homages are a-ok" shit several times. I dont really care - it's just fun to see the hair splitting logic applied to the situation by many of the members.

After everyone's had a go at me I tell them their are worse things in the world to worry about, and include links to new stories of horrible stuff.

Most homages ARE okay - legally. Panerai's cg is a registered trademark that's why you don't see them on the bay anymore, just Radiomirs and Luminors w/o cg's (but with screw holes) or with a weird cg just different enough to pass the sniff test.

But in general I think there IS a difference. One is a counterfeit of a genuine article, pretending to be the real thing, the other (homage) is copying the design/idea without trying to pass itself off as an actual Panerai (or Rolex or whatever). It's like the difference between selling an unmarked package of hot dogs, or selling a package that says, "Oscar Myer" on it, when it is nothing of the sort...

Got it?

greg_r
Dude, you are getting rich off this board - don't pretend you can't afford those watches.... I wonder how many GENS you have bought with our "VIP Supporter" money? :rofl:

None at all. The Audi is kinda nice though...

:rofl: