Sign in to follow this  
Drhulee

Just more CHS propaganda?

Drhulee

Just got a news letter from PureTime, on one of my throw away accounts, and noticed something:

RolxCHS.jpg

The last line

Just as a little aside, the above three Rolex models are INCREDIBLY stable and reliable. We thought this was worth a particular mention!

seems to be saying that they've improved the breakdown prone correct handstack movements. Just more b.s. sales pitches? Or have they actually made improvements? Anyone know?

robznet

Not a clue but if they are better with correct hand stack it's gotta be seen in the flesh - so to speak! :rideemcowboy:

Drhulee

No Rolex experts around?

DW-Watches
No Rolex experts around?

I think a movement expert would better answer this question, it's a movement reliability issue, not a Rolex accuracy issue. Someone (a watchsmith?) needs to get one and tear it down to know for sure. I nominate Francisco or Ziggy.

Thats my 2 cents as a member, not a dealer. I don't and won't carry this model/movement.

ThinkBachs

OK, I'll say it...

Just as a little aside, the above comment on PureTime's site reminds me of so many other item descriptions that state a watch is repped 1:1 and it's the ultimate version. I thought this was worth a particular mention!

Looking forward to see how this pans out.

greg_r
OK, I'll say it...

Just as a little aside, the above comment on PureTime's site reminds me of so many other item descriptions that state a watch is repped 1:1 and it's the ultimate version. I thought this was worth a particular mention!

Looking forward to see how this pans out.

+1

Sceptical, but let's see...

trailboss99

Well, the CHS has not been available for some time as it went out of production so one may assume it is indeed a new version of this MVT. Based on that it may well be a better, more reliable MVT than the last one.

Or not.

Col.

Drhulee
No Rolex experts around?

I think a movement expert would better answer this question, it's a movement reliability issue, not a Rolex accuracy issue. Someone (a watchsmith?) needs to get one and tear it down to know for sure. I nominate Francisco or Ziggy.

Thats my 2 cents as a member, not a dealer. I don't and won't carry this model/movement.

Rolex experts are more likely to buy the watch, and thus experience any problems first, which is why I geared thread towards them :dingleberry-nemesis:

Thanks Col., so it may very well be a new production. There is always hope, can't live without hope :P

EDIT: But then again using painted cogs is never a good idea .....

Edited by Drhulee