Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

what separates the best superocean steelfishes from good ones?

tyrantblade

Im looking to get the best one I can with an asian eta clone and ill wait if waiting means getting a better rep, speaking of which I really don't know what to look for in regards to the superocean steelfish.

NFleischer

Robert just posted that they are re-introducing the better version of the SOSF

I guess what they called the 'Swissfish'. The good ones have great AR, nice clear crystal, etc.

Here's an older one with supposed Swiss ETA on gen rubber- they are very good watches

DSC00188.jpg

tyrantblade
Robert just posted that they are re-introducing the better version of the SOSF

I guess what they called the 'Swissfish'. The good ones have great AR, nice clear crystal, etc.

Here's an older one with supposed Swiss ETA on gen rubber- they are very good watches

DSC00188.jpg

But I mean, what about asian eta ones? I really don't wanna spend a lot of money on a swiss eta and maybe some more attention to detail

NCRich

You need to read more. No such thing as swiss eta.

tyrantblade
You need to read more. No such thing as swiss eta.

You know what I mean lol

sfa437

Back in the day when Swatch was still selling ebauches you got a Swiss movement. A lower grade one but Swiss.

IMO the clones are just as good and in fact I've had less issues with my clones than my verified ETA ones. YMMV however.

As it stands now with the Steelfish- wait for the reissue. The ones out there now are 21j arrow hand and square hand ones. IMO the square hand version has a bit of an edge over the arrow hand in lume coloring (the arrow model is a bit greenish) and bezel rider tabs (the arrow is stamped a bit too deeply).

That being said if you want a budget version grab an arrow hand one from Robert at PrestigeWatchCompany or a square hand one from ToroBravo. The differences between the two are really piddling in reality by the way- I am just utterly anal when it comes to my Breitlings :facepalm:

tyrantblade
Back in the day when Swatch was still selling ebauches you got a Swiss movement. A lower grade one but Swiss.

IMO the clones are just as good and in fact I've had less issues with my clones than my verified ETA ones. YMMV however.

As it stands now with the Steelfish- wait for the reissue. The ones out there now are 21j arrow hand and square hand ones. IMO the square hand version has a bit of an edge over the arrow hand in lume coloring (the arrow model is a bit greenish) and bezel rider tabs (the arrow is stamped a bit too deeply).

That being said if you want a budget version grab an arrow hand one from Robert at PrestigeWatchCompany or a square hand one from ToroBravo. The differences between the two are really piddling in reality by the way- I am just utterly anal when it comes to my Breitlings :facepalm:

Yeah I hear that people seem to prefer the asian clone eta movements and i can wait for the reissue

Del

I'm not saying that you shouldn't wait for the re-issue but you can actually get Asian clone versions of the "square second hand version" at the moment - this one came from Mary within the past couple of months. :animal:

p6196677v3.jpg

Frankt8242

Here's what $100.00 would buy @ 4 yrs ago:

IMG_6943.jpg

21j, no apparent A/R, decent rep bracelet(not shown), very accurate caseback with varying ser #, decent lume and dial printing.

I wonder if they're better or worse lately..??

Cynikal.Mindset

the square head ones mary gets are probably the best of the bunch currently available and are available with all movement options from 21j to swiss.

imageocz.jpg

tyrantblade
the square head ones mary gets are probably the best of the bunch currently available and are available with all movement options from 21j to swiss.

imageocz.jpg

As far as I know nobody offers them with asian eta movement

Pihlippe

imageocz.jpg

As far as I know nobody offers them with asian eta movement

Wrong....ask Mary

Cynikal.Mindset

Yes, Mary can get them in 21j, clone eta and Swiss mov't

djprone

I got mine from mary and it is fantastic. It takes a hell of a battering as i wear it for work every day. I've never had it pressure tested but dropped it into a bucket of car shampoo solution a few months back and i'm happy (and lucky) to say it still works perfectly - although i wouldn't recommend trying it. No matter what i do to it, it wont give up (its like the knight from Monty Pythons holy grail). But what amazes me about it is the lack of scratches it seems to pick up. I would certainly recommend Mary's version.

houndoggie

what separates the best superocean steelfishes from good ones?

Drive, determination, hard work, and talent.