Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

www.homage-watches-guide.com

alphakazi

we have a test forum ffs ^_^ not to mention a gen forum along with a gens under a grand forum as well... - let's add the damn Homage Watch forum already and be done with it :)

whether it picks up or not - there is a huge market for homage watches and we've scratched the surface - if things heat up more, we can expand the forum and add sub forums for dealers, etc.

for now, we'll have a place to keep homage talk in so luth doesn't pop a blood vessel

Luthier

I also think - separate homage forum will attract tons of people from other forums, and if Greg would be smart enough (hehehe...) to place sign - THIS FORUM IS THE LIL BRO OF FAMOUS RWG - we'll have hundreds of lurking and finally joined members.

Who the hell can resist our boobs pics???

^_^

alphakazi

^_^

JohnG

I'm going to talk about homages in GD, just so you guys know it. No one will take me out of GD, that is my home, along with OT.

greg_r

Okay - it seems to me that everybody thinks a Homage section is a good idea, so there's probably no need for a formal vote on this one. I'm going to be out most of today, but I'll get it sorted soon.

We'll have a formal vote before we get dealers involved and/or have a sales section, though.

With reference to John's comments - I'd be against setting up a second board just for homages - seems overkill to me as well as being too much like hard work! ^_^ The new URL can still be used just as we are. And yeah, I'm probably going to talk about homages in GD too - but it might be handy to have a place for photos and reviews etc.

JohnG

I think we should have a subforum just about subforums.

trailboss99

Is that something like a coffee table book about coffee tables?

Col.

JohnG

Is that something like a coffee table book about coffee tables?

Col.

:D

I say we vote on it,

Subforum for discussing the creation of other subforums?

I vote YES.

greg_r

Okay, so as to avoid bogging us down with far too many subforums (John would say we were there already :D), I've re-configured the gens under a grand forum to cover homages as well - and put that and the gen forum in a new category. Hopefully it should make some kinda sense.

greg_r

I say we vote on it,

I vote YES.

:rofl:

I'm tempted...... B)

However, you've got a point.

One of the reasons we have so many damn subforums is that when I set this place up I was trying to keep as close to the old board as possible - so that people would feel at home. So, I copied over the original forum layout.

However, I think we have too many serving a similar purpose. To that end, I suggest the following:

1. Combine Off-Topic and Humor as they often serve the same purpose.

2. Ditch the spammer forum (as we don't have that problem any more) and just dump the posts into the bin.

3. Move the contents of the 'Dealer Review' subforum into GD - most of the actual dealer reviews are in the rep reviews/gallery section anyhow

4. Combine 'Got ripped off' and 'auction scams'. Two choices there - either dump the posts into GD or just combine the two subforums and move 'em into the main forum

5. Combine 'Tips' and 'Suggestions'

This will result in the loss of two superflous categories and reduce our total subforum count by 5. This should make it easier to find our way around the board and will leave us in a better position if we decide to add a sales forum or two.

Does anybody have any objections (or better ideas)?

Luthier

I say we vote on it,

I vote YES.

:rofl:

I'm tempted...... :rofl:

However, you've got a point.

One of the reasons we have so many damn subforums is that when I set this place up I was trying to keep as close to the old board as possible - so that people would feel at home. So, I copied over the original forum layout.

However, I think we have too many serving a similar purpose. To that end, I suggest the following:

1. Combine Off-Topic and Humor as they often serve the same purpose.

2. Ditch the spammer forum (as we don't have that problem any more) and just dump the posts into the bin.

3. Move the contents of the 'Dealer Review' subforum into GD - most of the actual dealer reviews are in the rep reviews/gallery section anyhow

4. Combine 'Got ripped off' and 'auction scams'. Two choices there - either dump the posts into GD or just combine the two subforums and move 'em into the main forum

5. Combine 'Tips' and 'Suggestions'

This will result in the loss of two superflous categories and reduce our total subforum count by 5. This should make it easier to find our way around the board and will leave us in a better position if we decide to add a sales forum or two.

Does anybody have any objections (or better ideas)?

NO.

Go ahead and do it.

B)

JoeyB

greg_r, it sounds good to me. :D

greg_r

B)

Thanks, guys :D

JohnG

Do it all - the less forums the better.

I think we can make do with

1. GD

2. OT

3. Bin

Simplicity is the essence of beauty....

greg_r

Deal. Thanks again, folks :D

greg_r

Okay. Tidy up done. Looks a lot better imho.

AustinTech

Much better, indeed! Thanks, G.

alphakazi

looks good greg - thanks

iabounty

I don't handle sudden changes well at all......

My blood preasure increases drasticly as does my pulse and resperation....

Then my sppeling starts gitting evun wurse than usual, due to the increase in my alcohol consumption....

Then I start swearing like a marine and calling people names and laughing at my own brillient sense of humor.....

Then it happens....... :lol:

alphakazi
I don't handle sudden changes well at all......

My blood preasure increases drasticly as does my pulse and resperation....

Then my sppeling starts gitting evun wurse than usual, due to the increase in my alcohol consumption....

Then I start swearing like a marine and calling people names and laughing at my own brillient sense of humor.....

Then it happens....... :lol:

you bought a watch?!!

Dr.Manhatten

would realy be great to have a spot for links, showing people where to buy parts to build their hommage. maby could list by brands and part quality, also some walkthrough links for people to follow step by step as they build. just an idea id like to see

trailboss99

If you take a look at the trusted dealer list you will se a new Homage section. So far only one dealer due to the fact we try all our trustees out before they make the list but if it's Pams you want they have a good range of parts. Cases, dials, hands, MVTs ETC. Parts for other styles are a little thin on the ground. More dealers will follow as they are aproved.

There are threads here allready on some builds if you look. Once again, the conetent is being added as it becomes available. Most info on modding/building reps applies also to homage watches BTW.

Col.

greg_r
would realy be great to have a spot for links, showing people where to buy parts to build their hommage. maby could list by brands and part quality, also some walkthrough links for people to follow step by step as they build. just an idea id like to see

Yep - agreed 100% That kinda thing will be incorporated into the dealer list as soon as we have some reliable suppliers - there's one entry in there right now, but I hope there will be others before long.

Guys - John especially, given you're doing so much in the homage line atm - always interested in that kinda input :lol:

JohnG

Yep - agreed 100% That kinda thing will be incorporated into the dealer list as soon as we have some reliable suppliers - there's one entry in there right now, but I hope there will be others before long.

Guys - John especially, given you're doing so much in the homage line atm - always interested in that kinda input :lol:

I have stuff on the way from Jackson Tse (case set) and dial and hands and movement from Getatwatch... I will review the stuff when I get it and if you guys want to move the threads to the homage section after a week or so, that's cool with me. But I post in GD man, that's my thing. :)

Chronos

keeping the hommage section in-house will scare away the gen owners from the gen boards... if you want to do anything with the url you bought, you could have it up and running and aimed not just at rep owners but gen owners too :lol:

hey all my posts (counter) from RWG1 have disappeared :)