Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

www.homage-watches-guide.com

alphakazi
keeping the hommage section in-house will scare away the gen owners from the gen boards... if you want to do anything with the url you bought, you could have it up and running and aimed not just at rep owners but gen owners too :lol:

hey all my posts (counter) from RWG1 have disappeared :)

good point and Welcome Back!

JohnG
keeping the hommage section in-house will scare away the gen owners from the gen boards... if you want to do anything with the url you bought, you could have it up and running and aimed not just at rep owners but gen owners too :)

hey all my posts (counter) from RWG1 have disappeared :o

Its a fresh start baby!

greg_r
would realy be great to have a spot for links, showing people where to buy parts to build their hommage. maby could list by brands and part quality, also some walkthrough links for people to follow step by step as they build. just an idea id like to see

Yep - agreed 100% That kinda thing will be incorporated into the dealer list as soon as we have some reliable suppliers - there's one entry in there right now, but I hope there will be others before long.

Guys - John especially, given you're doing so much in the homage line atm - always interested in that kinda input :)

I have stuff on the way from Jackson Tse (case set) and dial and hands and movement from Getatwatch... I will review the stuff when I get it and if you guys want to move the threads to the homage section after a week or so, that's cool with me. But I post in GD man, that's my thing. :o

Hey - I have no problem with that :)

Will be interested to hear how you get on with Jackson Tse - he might be a worthwhile addition to the dealer list.

trailboss99

Yeah, sorry about that Chronos, stuff happened. If you happen to know where JF or Blade are hideing and convince one of them to hand over the data base maybe we can fix that. Abymismal shame to lose all that info.

Col.

JohnG
would realy be great to have a spot for links, showing people where to buy parts to build their hommage. maby could list by brands and part quality, also some walkthrough links for people to follow step by step as they build. just an idea id like to see

Yep - agreed 100% That kinda thing will be incorporated into the dealer list as soon as we have some reliable suppliers - there's one entry in there right now, but I hope there will be others before long.

Guys - John especially, given you're doing so much in the homage line atm - always interested in that kinda input ;)

I have stuff on the way from Jackson Tse (case set) and dial and hands and movement from Getatwatch... I will review the stuff when I get it and if you guys want to move the threads to the homage section after a week or so, that's cool with me. But I post in GD man, that's my thing. :huh:

Hey - I have no problem with that :nana:

Will be interested to hear how you get on with Jackson Tse - he might be a worthwhile addition to the dealer list.

I don't think a home dealer list is complete without him. He is very well known in homage circles on the gen forums, used to sell on eBay till the Pam CG thing put him out of business there, is well regarded on forums, read nothing but good remarks...

His prices sure are the shit.

Dr.Manhatten

what i ment was like... say someone is building a homage luminor marina style watch in a 44mm case and he gets stuck on something during the build. he should be able to come to the homage section and find a walk-through to help him, or perhaps the part he needs, without having to go looking for it all over the forum in 2 or 3 differant places. while yes you could still keep the links in the trusted dealer area, but also have the links here to create less confusion and consolidate the information about homage building all within the homage area! ... just my 2 cents dont flame me hehe

greg_r
I don't think a home dealer list is complete without him. He is very well known in homage circles on the gen forums, used to sell on eBay till the Pam CG thing put him out of business there, is well regarded on forums, read nothing but good remarks...

His prices sure are the shit.

Okay - I guess that's a done deal. Thanks a lot, John!

I'll get him added to the list soon - probably tomorrow

what i ment was like... say someone is building a homage luminor marina style watch in a 44mm case and he gets stuck on something during the build. he should be able to come to the homage section and find a walk-through to help him, or perhaps the part he needs, without having to go looking for it all over the forum in 2 or 3 differant places. while yes you could still keep the links in the trusted dealer area, but also have the links here to create less confusion and consolidate the information about homage building all within the homage area! ... just my 2 cents dont flame me hehe

Well, the whole idea of the trusted dealer list is that everything IS in one place - accessible from the link at the top of every page. I'm not sure how it gets easier to find than that! :lol:

FBV
I think a section for homage dealers would be a great idea - anything that's an option to trawling through the jacksontse site is a good thing... lol

++ jackson's site is cumbersome.

so greg, you bought thedomain and it points, links in with our site. that is pretty cool. i'm all supportive for having a HOMMAGE section. it does seem to be the next direction for us rep collectors.

let's see more ideas ... hmmmmmmmmmm... have to think about that and get back to you!!!!

Edited by FBV

alphakazi

homage watches are a gap filler - we can't always be buying $300 watches plus they're great to learn modding on

greg_r

Thanks FBV - glad you like the idea of a homage section (actually just a couple of sub-forums for now). Anyhow, we're certainly open to suggestions. Things will happen slowly as we don't want to jump in with both feet, but for now we'll add Jackson tse to the dealer list and we can look at other options a little bit down the road.