Sign in to follow this  
Money13

Question on PAM models

Money13

Been lurking around this site for a few months now and have been learning more everyday. I am really starting to like the look of some of the pam's. I ordered a 111m from Robert last week. Thought I would start with a $99 special for my first Pam. I'm totally confused on all the different Pam models. There is a 111M, 111J, 111E, 111F. What the he'll is the difference? Thanks

Member X

The model number is the three numbers, the variant is the letter after it.

So, for example, the letters move from A for the early ones to M for the more recent ones - it's kind of an identifier of when it was made (as a gen) :)

With regards to the reps, all the different versions have elements that are slightly different. It is up to you to decide which one you like! ;)

greg_r

As X says, the difference is mainly down to when they were made. A 111 is a 111. There have been some minor changes to the movement over the years, but whenever Panerai updates the 111, it gets a different suffix letter and often the difference is pretty much invisible.

The best and the brightest at the moment is the h-factory 111m, which has gen-like lume and is generally the most accurate 111 rep around. Price is over $200, though. If you want to dip your toes in the water, a $99 model from Robert is definitely the best place to start. The movement decoration will be stickered rather than engraved and it won't be quite as accurate to the gen, but for the price it's a great watch.

Money13

Much appreciated. Thanks for the info