Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Board theme

greg_r
Hey...saw BME in the poo thread from RWG....

Anyone seen him? been a while....

Haven't seen Bebenn for a while either.

I've dropped BME a PM to let him know. The official announcement of our existence should be on Monday (just want a couple more days to chase remaining bugs), so hopefully some of the others will drift in after then.

JohnG

I sent TTK a pm and a message on Skype too.

greg_r
I sent TTK a pm and a message on Skype too.

Cool - I hope he drops by :blink:

onzenuub

Greg maybe Josh can be invited as well so he can place his thingys on the dealer section, like other dealers.

greg_r
Greg maybe Josh can be invited as well so he can place his thingys on the dealer section, like other dealers.

Well, I was really only thinking of TTK joining as a regular member as he's an interesting guy. We're not going to have an official dealer presence here - i.e. no dealer subforums or selling. I've gone to some lengths to make it difficult for watch manufacturers to come after me - but not to the lengths that the other boards have (reasons of cost), so I'd just as soon not give Rolex, Hublot & co a reason :blink:

onzenuub

Oke chief. :blink:

JohnG

Yes, no dealer section, but Jos Nana can join and have a nice conversation with Fakey. That would be interesting! Maybe he will call Fakey a "Water buffalo pussy" again!

:blink:

trailboss99

My hope is that the dealers will join in as members and add their valuable input into RWG. I would like to think that with RWG being netural ground we may every now and then get a few pics of pre production samples ect and asked to comment. After all, the're being made for us and it's in the interest of dealers if we can spot any faults that would stop us buying a watch before it's too late to change. This sort of interaction is good for both partys. Just no selling boys!

This place, IMO is netural ground, all are welcome as long as behavior stays within some very broad guidelines. This place has allways served as the last refuge of the unloved and allways will. We are RWG!

Col.

greg_r
Yes, no dealer section, but Jos Nana can join and have a nice conversation with Fakey. That would be interesting! Maybe he will call Fakey a "Water buffalo pussy" again!

:blink:

Damn. I missed that. Invite him immediately! :blink:

My hope is that the dealers will join in as members and add their valuable input into RWG. I would like to think that with RWG being netural ground we may every now and then get a few pics of pre production samples ect and asked to comment. After all, the're being made for us and it's in the interest of dealers if we can spot any faults that would stop us buying a watch before it's too late to change. This sort of interaction is good for both partys. Just no selling boys!

This place, IMO is netural ground, all are welcome as long as behavior stays within some very broad guidelines. This place has allways served as the last refuge of the unloved and allways will. We are RWG!

Col.

Yes, that's a nice thought, and would be good to see.

Demsey

Col.

Not promoting the sales of replica goods is a policy. A good policy. However, sharing in the hobby of 'ownership' and making caveat to the un-informed with regard to purchase are entirely aside that point.

I happen to know TTK and Joshua, others, enjoy horology as a personal interest and are privy to such information. Pics and infos. We love pics and infos. :)

Demsey

Double post.

Hmmmm, seems while navigating the board, I am often arbitrarily sent back to the 'login' page? Anyone else?

Edited by Demsey

greg_r
Double post.

Hmmmm, seems while navigating the board, I am often arbitrarily sent back to the 'login' page? Anyone else?

hmm - do you have your browser set to selectively reject certain types of cookie? The reason I ask is that's how the board handles session info (as well as the 'remembered login' feature) and could cause the problem you're seeing.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else is having the same problem, though - meantime I'll double-check that the cookies are set up correctly. Thanks, Dems

Edit: I think I may have found what was causing the problem - one of the cookies we use is a special kind which I'd enabled for a little more security. Can cause the problem you were seeing, though. I've changed the setting, so hopefully it should be okay now. Let me know if you still have problems.

JohnG
Edit: I think I may have found what was causing the problem - one of the cookies we use is a special kind which I'd enabled for a little more security. Can cause the problem you were seeing, though. I've changed the setting, so hopefully it should be okay now. Let me know if you still have problems.

This was happening to me, I cleared my cookies, and it stopped happening.

Greg, is there any way to embed youtube vids? the youtube tags don't work - but can they be made to on this software?

trailboss99

Exactly Dems. I hope that they will feel welcome here in that guise. After all most of them sell the same gear anyway so a question like "whats the pick of the SOSF reps" can be safley answered truthfully by allmost any dealer. Just don't say "buy it from me" or "I have it". The dealers know we shop arround and will get a quote from the guy who recomended it first. As long as the talk is about a model of watch and not "XXX's SOFS" all is good in my book.

AFIK the exact line between selling and advice has not been drawen and will prob be a matter of disscusion when the time comes. It's going to be a part of the learning curve but rest assured we want the dealers to be here in some form. We value their time and advice and in some cases their friendship. We just wish to maintain that inderpendence that a no dealing situation brings.

I'm shure there's prob a MMORPG term for a netural area/city where all are welcome? That's what I would like to see for this place. People stomp and growl and rant and rave and say their piece in ways that would get you in deep shit outside but no one gets seriously hurt and all is good by morning.

Except of cause for spamers and scamers which are the staple diet of RWG1. Feel free to hurt them as much as you like. >oke greg, we're missing the hammerhead smilie, I need the hammerhead - - <

Col.

greg_r
oke greg, we're missing the hammerhead smilie, I need the hammerhead

Done.

greg_r

Greg, is there any way to embed youtube vids? the youtube tags don't work - but can they be made to on this software?

Damn - I thought i'd got that. I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.

JohnG

Cool, but no rush...

trailboss99

Done.

WHo dude, slow down! These are just simple requests, Don't burn yourself out. The place is allready running smother than atOmicmpc was a week after launch and that was a big budget magazine forum.

Col.

greg_r

Done.

WHo dude, slow down! These are just simple requests, Don't burn yourself out. The place is allready running smother than atOmicmpc was a week after launch and that was a big budget magazine forum.

Col.

Well, I don't want to spend the whole weekend hacking at this place :rolleyes: Anyhow, adding emoticons is simple.

greg_r

Cool, but no rush...

Well that was a more complex learning curve than I imagined, but it works. And just to thank you for suggesting it...... :rolleyes:

By the way, this ONLY works with YouTube and will not work with Flash (which I've disabled - some really nasty little scripting possibilities in Flash, which I don't want us to suffer from).

JohnG

Thanks man!!!

onzenuub

Some tutorial about postings You tube sex. wet and wild videos

greg_r
Thanks man!!!

My pleasure :P

greg_r

YouTube is disappointingly short on wet and wild sex videos, sadly.

As for a tutorial, find your YouTube video, copy the bit after the ''+" sign from the URL.

Click the 'Insert: YouTube' button to the left of the posting dialog and post the bit you just copied into the resulting popup. Bingo.

onzenuub

YouTube is disappointingly short on wet and wild sex videos, sadly.

As for a tutorial, find your YouTube video, copy the bit after the ''+" sign from the URL.

Click the 'Insert: YouTube' button to the left of the posting dialog and post the bit you just copied into the resulting popup. Bingo.

Make it a sticky, next to the how to post pictures thread please.