Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

PVD 45mm Radiomir homage

greg_r

I picked this up from GetAT watch Co. This model sells for $94 on the web site, but I bought it via their eBay listings (cust_watch on eBay) for $59 plus shipping.

The watch itself is decent for the money. The PVD coating seems quite durable and has a nice sheen to it. The dial is sterile (as is the back) and dial & hands have above-average blue/green rep lume (the lume is very bright for a short period but then fades steadily - not much visible after a couple of hours). There's no AR on the mineral crystal.

The general feel of the watch is okay, but the crown feels as though it would cross-thread fairly easily (possibly due to the coating). The movement is, of course, a standard asian 6497, so should be ultra-reliable. Overall, the watch is of reasonable quality for a cheapie PAM - not as good as some of what Robert sells, but a match for many of the other $99 radiomirs you'll find around and very attractive with the sterile dial and blue/green lume.

What really makes this watch extraordinary value is the strap it came with. It's a hand-made 26/26 strap (so a bit bulky for a radiomir, to tell the truth), very thick (around 4-5mm) with a decent sterile Pre-V buckle. It's a little longer than average, so there's plenty of 'tail'. It's easily the softest/most comfortable strap I've ever worn and more than worth the price of the whole watch in itself. I'm considering fitting a normal Radiomir-style strap onto this watch and moving this strap over to my Fiddy.

Here's the pics (sorry about the quality - light's not great in here atm):

radiomirpvd.JPG

radpvd_strap1.JPG

alphakazi

good value consider this is PVD and that strap... that don't look like any rep strap to me :) the crown thread should get easier as it wears as long as you go nice and slow with it (maybe a drop of oil?) - my $300 Omega PO had the same thing but now is smooth like buttuh

greg_r

I find it hard to believe that a $100 strapculture strap is going to be any better than this one, frankly - it's by far and away the best strap I've ever worn. Which reminds me - I need to order a radiomir strap from BOB so that this one can go on the fiddy...

trailboss99

That was worth the money for the strap alone IMO. Good buy Greg.

Col.

chriszammett

I saw that on ebay and thought the strap looked good. Nice to see you've got it and it is!

Have you got a link to their ebay pages?

P_Diddy

editted.

Edited by P_Diddy