Sign in to follow this  
KinCaidk

New Week Wristies - w/c 20 July 2009

houndoggie

2b2f6c8a.jpg

No L swiss made L... gen didn't have it either.

greg_r
Damn, Greg, your pics just amazing.

I was professional photographer for some time, and with my Rolley and Hassel made a lot of great pictures for a few well known magazines in Europe, but since film cameras died, I can't get such a great results like yours with any digicrap, and I have really good digital cameras.

Where's the secret??? ISO?

Nice watch too, very elegant with white dial, just lack of DW, IMO...

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment, mate :rofl:

I worked in photography for a while too - mostly lab work in my case, though. Believe it or not, I just got lucky - I'm not the greatest photographer by any means and most of the time I'm too damned lazy to take good photos (I'm fairly okay when I can be bothered to make an effort - I've shot quite a bit for publication over the years and still do - but mostly I just can't be arsed).

The 113 was shot with a mid-priced compact digicam at my desk this morning by available light (window + overhead daylight flourescent tube). Macro turned on. ISO set at 200. Flash off, and full auto mode. Minor levels tweak in Preview, but I didn't bother to take it into photoshop.

2b2f6c8a.jpg

No L swiss made L... gen didn't have it either.

Stunning watch - great photo too!

houndoggie

thanks greg_r.... Its white dial Slytech big brother should be here this afternoon.

JohnG

Just sterlize the bitch!

I will be making the first white completely sterile dial Pam, no tick marks, nothing.... stay tuned.....

AustinTech

My new PARNIS - had it a couple days now - keeps very good time and the power reserve works like a champ.

CIMG5344.jpg

greg_r
My new PARNIS - had it a couple days now - keeps very good time and the power reserve works like a champ.

That looks great for a cheapie, AT. Congrats!

AustinTech

Thx G - I am really surprised at the quality of the piece. THe movement is clean, and the watch itself has a good feeling of quality. The strap it came with isn't actually that bad, but I'll probably replace it soon.

houndoggie

Nice PARNIS!! I guess the PARNIS doesn't look too bad. You know, I am not a PARNIS guy, but I like it.

alphakazi

CIMG5344.jpg

AT - you have a very nice watch there - I especially like the blue hands/markers - the "parnis" isn't as noticeable as on the TOF so I'd end up leaving it - when do we get to see inside that bad boy

AustinTech

LOL @ HD.

I really don't mind the PARNIS. It isn't like anyone I work with knows what the difference is between IWC or PARNIS. A few guys think Rolex is the best watch ever, but that is the extent of the knowledge. THey have never heard of Breitling, Panerai, IWC, Patek, Sinn, AP, Omega, - nothin'. They'd freak out if they knew how much my PO costs.

JohnG

Love your Parnis baby!

AustinTech

Thanks guys

ALpha - I'll try to get some movement pics soon, but my camera isn't good for macro. I can tell you it is very clean. I love watching the PR increase thoughout the day. the back window is too big - shows the movement holder tabs, stem, ect. but no biggie to me.

AllergyDoc

My nice YM from Bestswiss:

3158931732_02938d804d_o.jpg

3158932186_8a09222a08_o.jpg

JohnG
the back window is too big - shows the movement holder tabs, stem, ect. but no biggie to me.

What, you anti-stem?

houndoggie

anti-stemite??? LOL

Luthier
Damn, Greg, your pics just amazing.

I was professional photographer for some time, and with my Rolley and Hassel made a lot of great pictures for a few well known magazines in Europe, but since film cameras died, I can't get such a great results like yours with any digicrap, and I have really good digital cameras.

Where's the secret??? ISO?

Nice watch too, very elegant with white dial, just lack of DW, IMO...

:)

Thanks for the compliment, mate :)

I worked in photography for a while too - mostly lab work in my case, though. Believe it or not, I just got lucky - I'm not the greatest photographer by any means and most of the time I'm too damned lazy to take good photos (I'm fairly okay when I can be bothered to make an effort - I've shot quite a bit for publication over the years and still do - but mostly I just can't be arsed).

The 113 was shot with a mid-priced compact digicam at my desk this morning by available light (window + overhead daylight flourescent tube). Macro turned on. ISO set at 200. Flash off, and full auto mode. Minor levels tweak in Preview, but I didn't bother to take it into photoshop.

When I turn ISO on even 400, my bitchy camera pop up the flash, even if I shoot in the bright sun, and refuse to work if I disable the flash. So, it allows me to shoot only with ISO 1600 in full auto mode. That's why pictures are grainy.

I hate digicams.

greg_r
When I turn ISO on even 400, my bitchy camera pop up the flash, even if I shoot in the bright sun, and refuse to work if I disable the flash. So, it allows me to shoot only with ISO 1600 in full auto mode. That's why pictures are grainy.

I hate digicams.

Yeah, some are like that. Canon / Fuji / Nikon /Olympus are all pretty good, though - so long as you don't go for the most basic models. Most of my decent shots are either on a £160 Fuji compact or a Nikon DSLR - the crappy ones mostly with a basic Sony compact that I have at work (which is miserable). I do sometimes shoot at 1600 with the DSLR, though - had some great results with it...

houndoggie

Can't turn off the flash? Most have a flash off mode or button, or a manual mode to turn off the flash. If not, kick your camera in the nuts.

JohnG

Taken with an OLD 2mp Canon Elph S200, behold the AWESOMENESS:

Imagen086.jpg

Luthier

Fuck you, guys...

:) :) :)

greg_r

JohnG
laugh.gif

JohnG

I also took this one - my cousin was here recently for a week, we were in Gibraltar, on top of the rock, I said, "give me your camera!" and snapped this shot. It is some fancy thing (one of those not really SLR but not really point and shoot either). Never held the thing in my life, just let the JohnG force flow over the camera and.... voilà!

20090611_184905_SX110.jpg

JohnG
Imagen086-1.jpg

greg_r
20090611_184905_SX110.jpg

I hope you didn't put that on your wrist. Could get kinda messy.....