Sign in to follow this  
mark63

amatory-store.net

mark63

Found this webstore:

www.amatory-store.net

....any experiences? They do have 24 hour online support that actually works. The watch photos also seem credible to actually depict the replica models. I never bought anything from them and will never try knowing of our trusted sellers here at RWG, but I just thought it might be good to explore / investigate amatory to either avoid anyone being scammed or otherwise prove their reliability smile.png

Regards to all

Mark

robznet

Hi Mark - and welcome to RWG! Not seen that site myself before, but if you are thinking of buying from them wait a while till someone else on here gives you any info! :frusty:

Luthier

$546 for Daytona???

I'm always wondering - why noobs, already being forum members, searching a problems on their asses?

Can't read?

Good luck with your exploration.

mark63
Hi Mark - and welcome to RWG! Not seen that site myself before, but if you are thinking of buying from them wait a while till someone else on here gives you any info! ;)

Thanks for your reply. No I don't intend buying from them, given the wide choice of trusted dealers here on RWG why should I risk that, but through my message I thought that some experiences and/or other observations will add to the knowledge base of this forum. Regards.

Mark

Akira

This thread should be moved into the right forum ;)

Member X

+1

Not really correct in the Timesshops feedback section! ;)

greg_r

Sometimes I wonder why the hell we bother.... :mulderthesbkiller:

1: Stick to the trusted sellers if you want to be safe.

2. By all means buy from these idiots if you want to get ripped off - they're charging on average twice what any trusted seller would charge (and that's assuming you get the watch in the pic, which is by no means guaranteed).

3. Why is this in timesshops feedback? Moved

Higs

Sometimes I wonder why the hell we bother.... wallbash.gif

2. By all means buy from these idiots if you want to get ripped off - they're charging on average twice what any trusted seller would charge (and that's assuming you get the watch in the pic, which is by no means guaranteed).

My experience.....

I've been thinking of getting a rep watch for some time now and searched on and off over a couple of months. Maybe it was how I was searching or what I was searching for but I kept coming back to Amatory but didn't find this site/forum (and all the helpful advice, trusted dealers etc). In fact I had just about convinced myself to go ahead and buy from them when I did one last search for feedback when I came across this very thread. So I did some reading on here and changed tack.

Now I don't know if Amatory are scammers or maybe they sell fine watches but re just a bit expensive. And I'll never know because I've since ordered what I want from TDs on here (Reg and Silix).

I won't know for sure until they're here and on my wrist but I'm pretty sure I've gone the right way.

So I, for one, am glad that you bother!

Nisv

My experience.....

I've been thinking of getting a rep watch for some time now and searched on and off over a couple of months. Maybe it was how I was searching or what I was searching for but I kept coming back to Amatory but didn't find this site/forum (and all the helpful advice, trusted dealers etc). In fact I had just about convinced myself to go ahead and buy from them when I did one last search for feedback when I came across this very thread. So I did some reading on here and changed tack.

Now I don't know if Amatory are scammers or maybe they sell fine watches but re just a bit expensive. And I'll never know because I've since ordered what I want from TDs on here (Reg and Silix).

I won't know for sure until they're here and on my wrist but I'm pretty sure I've gone the right way.

That's what sparked my interest in reps, seeing a gorgeous rep being offered on a scam site (as it turned out to be) but as I didn't know anything about

reps, scammers etc I didn't want to pull the trigger right then and there, instead I Googled my way into RWG and got all the answers I needed :)

dator

Well, you searched .... and found a year-old thread :)

MW1

Almost bought from Them, but checked them out first......Glad I didn't!

Mark

Edited by MW1

DKaiser Söze

My experience.....

That's what sparked my interest in reps, seeing a gorgeous rep being offered on a scam site (as it turned out to be) but as I didn't know anything about

reps, scammers etc I didn't want to pull the trigger right then and there, instead I Googled my way into RWG and got all the answers I needed :)

I think you've pretty much described the process for a lot of us. this site saved me from a scam site and directed me towards a soon to be arriving TC Submariner.

Nisv

I think you've pretty much described the process for a lot of us. this site saved me from a scam site and directed me towards a soon to be arriving TC Submariner.

:thumbsup2:

Don't forget to post pics of it when it arrives, it's mandatory.

:Whistle:

Flaguyinetown

Well, I thought I would contribute here.

First off, Amatory Store is not a scam site!!!

However, the quality of rep that I received from them wasn't spectacular.

Positives: actual sapphire crystal, decent date magnification. Overall, the watch has a quality feel with the BIG exception of the flip lock clasp. It feels cheap, squeaks and has razor sharp edges.

Negatives.

1. Wrong font for date: Has open six and nine font. This photo also shows the huge crown guards which overlap with the crown from the front.

IMG_0082_zps2045539a.jpg

2. The clasp is really bad. So bad, in fact, that if someone can sell me a decent replacement, the whole watch would be better.

Here you can see the stamped clasp lock:

IMG_0090_zps08ef60c2.jpg

One more photo of the clasp lock:

As far as I know, it's been a LONG time since Rolex had the holes straight across the side of the clasp lock like this:

IMG_0077_zps77e4d210.jpg

Flaguyinetown

Oh and one of the spring pins for the clasp broke and they're sending me a replacement. Overall, their customer service was pretty good. I don't feel bad about the purchase though I'd much rather have used one of the trusted dealers from this site. For $150 U.S., it wasn't a very good value.

I'm glad I found this site, because it's almost impossible to navigate buying a rep online without it. So many fake review sites, fake pictures on sites with the 10:10 time.

Anyway, I'm looking for the ULTIMATE noobmariner 16610 with ceramic bezel, glide lock clasp...

I've contacted a few reps on this site earlier today, but no reply yet. :suck:

Pob

I used them as well before i found rwg and got few shit watches :lol:

Will post few pics of them if there is any interest lol but they are really shit!!!!

So i advise everybody to stay with our TD's ;)

Nisv

Will post few pics of them if there is any interest lol but they are really shit!!!!

Post away, prefeably with closeups :D

jeffw69
:picard:

Flaguyinetown

Post away, prefeably with closeups :D

Yeah, it's fricking tough out there without RWG!!! Almost impossible to find good info on Google since all search terms are spammed to death by companies selling reps.

Hahah, as for my crappy pictures of my POSmariner from them, yeah, I've seen similar quality watches here for less than half the price I paid in the cheapie sections of some reg dealers.

For just under $150 US I paid for that watch, I could have bought a real nice sub from that Narikaa dude.

Burnleybezel

You live and learn mate, Best Sub are from TC and BK, they arn't cheap but are loverly. Reg's budget Sub's are nice to, only knock is they are 21j but for the price...

Nisv

Yeah, it's fricking tough out there without RWG!!! Almost impossible to find good info on Google since all search terms are spammed to death by companies selling reps.

Very true.

Well, you're home free now mate :)

decus

I love those pics with an explanation of all that's wrong with those badly made Reps. It's a nice learning curve for me without spending a penny. Can you keep those pics coming?

:Whew:

Bob Reed

Let me add my .02 here. I am new to the site but many years ago was a collector I could hold in my hand what I was buying which made it really nice. When I moved away from NYC I still wanted to collect but knew the quality of a lot of the reps and did not want to over pay for them so I let the hobby I loved go. A couple weeks ago I found this site and started to read. The more I read the more excited I became. Now I have my first rep in a long time and I have a list of my next few purchases. So is this site a good one? Depends who you are. If you are the spouse of a member here probably not, but for us watch lovers there is no site on the net like this one. Trust me on that I have looked.

Flaguyinetown

I love those pics with an explanation of all that's wrong with those badly made Reps. It's a nice learning curve for me without spending a penny. Can you keep those pics coming?

:Whew:

I've been thinking of using photoshop and creating a document with a comparison with my POS sub and an actual sub and maybe adding in a TC sub for a three way comparison.

My POSsub is perfect for this because it has so many obvious flaws.

Only downside is the only camera I have is an Iphone 4 (not 4s or 5) which is kinda crappy. Still should do the job because the flaws are pretty blatant.

Pob

Here are the pics of the shit i got from that site before i joined here!

zu4e2yne.jpg

e9u4y2em.jpg

a6uhadez.jpg

eru6azes.jpg

a4e2ygeq.jpg