Sign in to follow this  
Kalsicks

Which PAM rep is most accurate right now?

Kalsicks

Hi guys, I'm a newb but with the help of RWI I found the perfect Omega for my dad and am now looking for the perfect Pam for myself. I have a few questions but I'll try not to be too stupid.

I notice a lot of mentions of DSN - are his reps definitely the best? If so, which model in particular? I am partial to the simple elegant Pams which are so popular, but if I understand correctly, a closed caseback model is my best bet since the movements used to replicate the open type are no longer available.

I'm open as far as the model goes, I just want the best out-of-the-box rep I can find as my first high-end rep watch. I'm very impressed with the wealth of info and the solid community on these forums and they've helped a ton sorting out the bullshit you get when you search for replica watches on Google and hear about grade 1 and A+++++ and Royal grade and all that nonsense.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kalsicks

sonicd0012

I say Pam-312L. Just got it, unbelievable.

- perfect size

- automatic , no winding needed :thumbsup2: less risk to break ;)

- sturdy

- simple face

- nice lume

- change strap to real

Ull love it.

Go to trustytime.com type pn312 look for 7550 movnt

Waipio Jeff

All of the new "H" Factory Pams are incredible. The H stands for the factory that has always been known to produce quality Hublots.

The 005K, 318, 177M, 026, 288 seem to be the most accurate.

DSN used to be the best until these came out.

Bato
Hi guys, I'm a newb but with the help of RWI I found the perfect Omega for my dad and am now looking for the perfect Pam for myself. I have a few questions but I'll try not to be too stupid.

I notice a lot of mentions of DSN - are his reps definitely the best? If so, which model in particular? I am partial to the simple elegant Pams which are so popular, but if I understand correctly, a closed caseback model is my best bet since the movements used to replicate the open type are no longer available.

I'm open as far as the model goes, I just want the best out-of-the-box rep I can find as my first high-end rep watch. I'm very impressed with the wealth of info and the solid community on these forums and they've helped a ton sorting out the bullshit you get when you search for replica watches on Google and hear about grade 1 and A+++++ and Royal grade and all that nonsense.

Thanks in advance!

Although DSN provides great watches the best OOB by far has been the 005k H-Factory. However this watch is discontinued and the factory is releasing their 005M due anytime now (so far only differences is the new 005M CB, but only good reviews will tell). Several of your Trusted Dealers will allow pre-order of this watch. There are some others that are very spot on, but because of the OPEN CASE BACK and obvious flaw 'look's' wise in the Asian Movement it isn't nor will it ever be 'perfect.' However if you don't care about that, please review the latest 177M/176M models from H-Factory as well.

Cheers and GL

Edited by Bato

Kalsicks

Hey guys, thanks a lot. It looks like the 312 and 005 are great choices, then. In your opinion, should I wait for the 005M to come out, since the 005K is unavailable? I might choose the 005 over the 312 because a solid caseback would make it more difficult to tell whether its real or not.

By the way, here's another newb question. How do I know for sure that a version someone tells me to buy - like the 005K - is the watch I'm looking at on a dealer's site? And is the 005K certainly unavailable everywhere or does any reputable dealer have some left?

Waipio Jeff

You might be able to find an 005k if you search all the dealers. Otherwise the M SERIES will ne available very soon. The 005k pops up in the member sales section of all the fora too.

The other option is to order the 318 which is the exact same watch with Brooklyn bridge caseback. I have this one.

Kalsicks

Okay guys I'm very close to settled on the 005M or 005K, my only concern is that I'll preorder the 005M and with my luck it'll be downgraded from the 005K. So before I do that, is there much of a chance of that happening or are we pretty sure it's just the CB change?

sonicd0012

Unless you physically walk up to a dealer and ask him what he thinks of your watch,no one would tell the difference. It's not like ur Gina get stopped the second u put the watch on. Most of those pams are repd so well u have to put original side by side. Get the model you want and like, and buy it.

Keep in mind, most pams are manual hand wind. To ms that's a huge negative. It means I have to wind them up ever morning and I don't want to do that. Not only that buy u risk of breaking something eventually.

houndoggie
Okay guys I'm very close to settled on the 005M or 005K, my only concern is that I'll preorder the 005M and with my luck it'll be downgraded from the 005K. So before I do that, is there much of a chance of that happening or are we pretty sure it's just the CB change?

It won't happen and if so it's not a downgrade. They are essentially the same minus the M serial.

houndoggie
Unless you physically walk up to a dealer and ask him what he thinks of your watch,no one would tell the difference. It's not like ur Gina get stopped the second u put the watch on. Most of those pams are repd so well u have to put original side by side. Get the model you want and like, and buy it.

Keep in mind, most pams are manual hand wind. To ms that's a huge negative. It means I have to wind them up ever morning and I don't want to do that. Not only that buy u risk of breaking something eventually.

Usually u can wind it every other day. Also, I don't believe that hand winding a watch adds any more risk to movement... In fact, an automatic movement with more parts is more susceptible to breakage. Also, servicing a hand wind movement is cheaper.

But generally speaking, u cannot go wrong with any of the huge handful of great PAM reps available now.

mspangl

I believe that the 005k is the best PAM rep out of the box

ReplicaFromDownunder

292K or 005K, either way can't go wrong

houndoggie

H factory 005 is the most accurate to gen out of the box, but I believe the best Pam rep as a watch overall is the 312/328.

agntkerr

Just make sure its from a trusted listed dealer here not from a dealer someone posts.

Charleston
H factory 005 is the most accurate to gen out of the box, but I believe the best Pam rep as a watch overall is the 312/328.

Whats the price on the H factory 005?

Member X

The Trusted Dealers have been listing for $218 with rubber strap and a bit more for leather / croc.

ReplicaFromDownunder

speaking of H factory 005.. mine is on order since the 5th of AUGUST. There is no sign of the dealers getting them soon... well I hope they do... kmon H factory noobs.

Kalsicks

Well, I was settled on the H-factory 005M, until this new development with the Noob 005M. What are your thoughts on this? I've put off ordering until I can sort it out...

nunu78

Pam 253 is also a very good rep

d27cfac5.jpg

houndoggie
Well, I was settled on the H-factory 005M, until this new development with the Noob 005M. What are your thoughts on this? I've put off ordering until I can sort it out...

Consensus says that the noob 005m is inferior to the h factory and also more expensive

Kalsicks

Alright thanks. Could anyone link me to a discussion of that subject? I'm going to order the H 005M next week I think.

Member X

It's on RWI in the Panerai section, I believe.

ReplicaFromDownunder

Why am i the only one that doesn't have h factory 005 op logo. Josh at Perfect Clones hasn't received it yet. I preordered! :)

Member X

I want an 005 too but I prefer the sandwich dial of the 111!

Decisions, decisions... :facepalm::)