Sign in to follow this  
bigbossa

PAM 111 project?

bigbossa

Hi Guys

Appreciate your advice , I have one of Roberts $99 Pams 111 ( the first one) http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6194

also managed to nab a 111J dial /hand set and hi beat movement .Now is it worth swapping out the dial and movement or should I just get hold of a new 111m and swap the dial ?

Your opinions please

greg_r

Not sure why you'd want to swap the dial on a 111m - the first thing you'd lose is the superlume.

Honestly, it's really not worth upgrading the cheaper models - they're great for the dough, but there are too many issues to make 'em worth modding. Unless, of course, you just like messing around with watches at which point, go for it and have fun! :lol:

If you want the most accurate, however, I'd say skip it. Buy the latest h-factory 111m and leave it as is.

bigbossa
Not sure why you'd want to swap the dial on a 111m - the first thing you'd lose is the superlume.

Honestly, it's really not worth upgrading the cheaper models - they're great for the dough, but there are too many issues to make 'em worth modding. Unless, of course, you just like messing around with watches at which point, go for it and have fun! :thumbsup:

If you want the most accurate, however, I'd say skip it. Buy the latest h-factory 111m and leave it as is.

Howdy Greg

Yeah mate I see what you mean, what I should of said was maybe swap out the 111 m top plate for the 111j that way retaining the superlume and maybe have the hi beat movement as well.I know some people have been doing this.

I guess keeping the case would be the only original part left because I think the crown and CG aren't right either

Luthier

Just curious... what "hi beat" mov't ?

:thumbsup:

houndoggie

Honestly, it's really not worth upgrading the cheaper models - they're great for the dough, but there are too many issues to make 'em worth modding. Unless, of course, you just like messing around with watches at which point, go for it and have fun! :thumbsup:

Howdy Greg

Yeah mate I see what you mean, what I should of said was maybe swap out the 111 m top plate for the 111j that way retaining the superlume and maybe have the hi beat movement as well.I know some people have been doing this.

I guess keeping the case would be the only original part left because I think the crown and CG aren't right either

that is a colossal waste of time. Buy a 111m and enjoy. Swap the movement if you feel you must.

greg_r

As HD says, it's a colossal waste of time. The latest h-factory models have been coming with decent movements and there's really nothing else that needs doing. Buy a 111m and be happy :lol:

bigbossa

Cheers guys !