Sign in to follow this  
seoulbrova

Reason to RETURN WATCH ??

seoulbrova

After much research, ordered an UPO from one of the trusted dealers. I received the quality pics and did not think I saw anything wrong. I finally received the watch yesterday and it is by most accounts absolutely great.

However if you look at the first pic, there is a slight mark on the OMEGA emblem. It can not be seen from all angles, but at certain angles it is not a smooth cut and it looks like a sharp edge.

On the second picture, it seems as if the right side of the OMEGA emblem is slightly lower than the left, giving off the impression that it may slightly not be centered.

Are these reasons to send back a watch or am I just being super attentive to minor details?

Besides the photos and my complaints, it runs well and looks amazing.

Does anyone know if the bezel is ceramic?

Thanks...this forum has been a great well of knowledge!

po1s.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

po2qi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MikeMcNair

Most def NOT a reason to send back, it looks good, wear it and enjoy it!!!

If it bothers you that much, find a trusted modder close to you and remove it, file the one "foot" so they are even, and reapply it.

Bit honestly, it's not needed, the watch looks great.

You are aware it's a REPLICA right :D:thumbsup:

Luthier

You didn't notice, but the lugs are 0,0002mm thicker, than on gen.

:thumbsup:

houndoggie

buy the gen if that logo bothers you.

Or4n6e

Personally i wouldnt send it back its a very minor flaw that you cant really notice.

seoulbrova

Thanks guys...yes I am aware it is a replica, but it is also not a cheapie replica which may be why my expectations were slightly higher.

I purchased a Planet Ocean in China this past summer for 50 US dollars thinking it was a great rep.

I found this forum when I was looking for the 'tells' on my watch from China and was amazed at the high super reps that were available.

That said, I find it amazing how different this UPO feels and looks compared to the one cheaper Planet Ocean I purchased.

Edited by seoulbrova

Crusader

Yea, like guys said, you have to keep in mind that's a replica, so it can't be perfect.

You could replace the logo with new one, but that sounds like a lot of work for that small error. But if bothers you a lot, then go for it.

I would do that only if I payed for the watch more then 350 $. If around 100 $, then I wouldn't mind.

seoulbrova
Yea, like guys said, you have to keep in mind that's a replica, so it can't be perfect.

You could replace the logo with new one, but that sounds like a lot of work for that small error. But if bothers you a lot, then go for it.

I would do that only if I payed for the watch more then 350 $. If around 100 $, then I wouldn't mind.

Haha thanks Crusader, it was around 250 with fees and shipping so between 350 and 100. I'll probably leave it as is for the time being.

prestigewatchco

Take a picture natural size and see how noticeable it is

Crusader

I know how it feels, I had similar problem on another rep year ago, when number 12 was tilted just a bit. Something is wrong, but you can't really do something about it yourself.

If it will bother you more and more, contact one of modders here and I'm sure one of them could help you out.

Or maybe, if you know any rep-friendly watchsmith in your local area, you can take it there?

KeNnY

I will give you 30 € for that watch with that big flaw. Take it :thumbsup2:

WebWind

:hehehe:

chum_2000_uk

Was expecting major flaming from you guys... you've changed.

My SMP chrono has exactly the same little bit on the logo, must be something to do with the way they form/ cut them or whatever they do. No one will notice it unless they are inspecting the watch super close up and have a great eye for detail.

If I were you, I'd wear it for a few months, see if you like the watch enough and it's reliable, then if it still bothers you mod it if you think it's worth it.

I may mod my SMP chrono one day. Love the watch, but can't justify spending a bucket of money on it right now just to make it look more gen. Would love a gen bracelet, dial and bezel on it!

NFleischer

Sorry my friend. If you want to be a happy rep collector, you're going to have to learn to live with minor flaws.

No reps are perfect, some are quite close visually, but there are NO 1:1 reps.

MikeMcNair
Sorry my friend. If you want to be a happy rep collector, you're going to have to learn to live with minor flaws.

Mine is 1:1 B)

One of them anyway.... :)

stewzzy

looks nice to me. remember people aint gonna grab ur wrist and demand an inspection! enjoy!

twall

Is it perfect on EVERY gen? B)

Luthier

Mine is 1:1 :wub:

One of them anyway.... and it's a gen.

:rofl:

houndoggie

Is it perfect on EVERY gen? :wub:

It is on mine. However, getting a bezel that lines up spot on is luck of the draw...on the gen.

tesmith2112

seoulbrova - out of all reps/gens the Omega emblem is probably the least noticeable because of it's small size and metallic reflective surface. Depending on how the light hits it, sometimes it looks silver, sometimes black, just like your first and second picture. Dont sweat it, no one will notice it. If it bothers you too much, flip it on the members sales board and buy something else in a couple months. Once your spend a little more time on this site, you'll be buying copious amounts of reps.

schmooze
Take a picture natural size and see how noticeable it is

Ohh big image, I was about to ask which dealer had the 120mm version of the UPO.

1228498-a-businessman-in-a-suit-looks-through-a-magnifying-glass.jpg

seoulbrova

Is it perfect on EVERY gen? :wub:

It is on mine. However, getting a bezel that lines up spot on is luck of the draw...on the gen.

The bezel actually lines up perfectly which is why I was surprised at the minor flaw I posted. Everything seems near exact except for the emblem

KeNnY

you can always remove the logo, and put the side of the logo with an small metallic part problem, get finished by nail fillet.

rober100

If that flaw was pissing you off, I would talk to the dealer and find out if he/she is willing to accept the return. Just be polite and reasonable.

I have noticed a lot of chinese dealers with strong reluctancy to accept returns. I don't know in the USA or Asia but in Europe, returns are regular part of the daily business, there is nothing wrong with this.

Edited by rober100

Ollifl

A friend of mine was looking at my FG Daytona, complaining how the watch body did not match the bracelet color, different shades of gold he said. In the meantime he did not see anything else wrong with the watch (he claims he has keen eye for reps). He did not notice that the Chrono did not work as it's supposed to though, or that the hands did not line up correctly, the numbers on the Chrono dials are mis-aligned and the seconds actually "tick away" and when I opened the back, "stuff" fell out but somehow the watch still keeps time.

I was about to return it to the dealer but my friend with the "keen" eye is now a proud owner of a full gold Daytona and remembers to tell me how many compliments he's gotten on the watch...

Those little things we see on our reps are so minuscule that nobody else can see them, even if you give them a 10x loop and 5 minutes to inspect. Every time we receive one in the mail, we look for flaws and yes, we find some. Are they noticeable to others, no.

I'm sure I'll find the same flaws in Gen watches if I put them under my 120x gem microscope or even 10x, but we have a saying in the trade; "eye clean to an untrained eye"

Ask somebody else if they notice anything wrong with the watch, if 3 out of ten people point out the little ridge on the logo, you might have a case and if 9 out of ten point it out, return it.