Sign in to follow this  
mulder

Price Point of a 7750

mulder

I see that most 7750's have a premium attached to them. A $99 21J watch will cost $250 plus for the 7750 version.

Is the 7750 that much better?

What I did notice that the 7750 watch was much closer to the gen. It had a see through back that looked like the gen where as the 21J had a solid back on it. (Yes HD I call it a see through back).

Is the premium paid for the 7750 due to the watch being closer to the gen or is the 7750 worth that much more?

Your thoughts

mulder

KeNnY

I would rather take Quartz movement than 21J with faux chrono !

mongoose1969

The 7750 is a much better automatic mechanical movement with chrono complications and possibly date and moonphase.the asian version is a copy of the real swiss valjoux movement which can be had for wholesale of about 350 to 400 us just for the movement the asian copy isnt quite as reliable but since it is a real automatic chronograph it is a steal at the price.and as with all chronographs you need to take special care as to not bang it around and keep playing with the stop watch all the time cause its cool.As they will eventually break.asian or swiss. You can not beat the bang for buck factor of an asian 7750 you cant buy any watch even no names with an automatic chrono anywhere near this price range.

watch.aholic

The chronos dont work with a 21j movement and therefore the subdials are nothing but for show. On the contrary in a 7750 the chrono is fully functional. Its another debate if we should use the chrono on these due to the movements fragility.

bubbaa
The chronos dont work with a 21j movement and therefore the subdials are nothing but for show. On the contrary in a 7750 the chrono is fully functional. Its another debate if we should use the chrono on these due to the movements fragility.

As long as you follow this sticky guideline on how to operate these movements you be fine

Link

Luthier

Price of 21j mov't is 55 yuan.

Price of A7750 - 475 yuan.

Go figure.

prestigewatchco

I wouldn't want to buy a watch with a $75 7750 movement in and expect it to work.

Prices of A7750 vary with grade and quality anywhere between $75 and $300 for the modified movements

Luthier is quoting from a factory price list not from actually having bought and used them personally

Luthier

Absolutely correct.

mulder
I wouldn't want to buy a watch with a $75 7750 movement in and expect it to work.

Prices of A7750 vary with grade and quality anywhere between $75 and $300 for the modified movements

Luthier is quoting from a factory price list not from actually having bought and used them personally

I was aware of the chrono function etc. From Roberts reply I can see the price difference. That makes sense to me.

Thank you all for your replies.

sonicd0012
I see that most 7750's have a premium attached to them. A $99 21J watch will cost $250 plus for the 7750 version.

Is the 7750 that much better?

What I did notice that the 7750 watch was much closer to the gen. It had a see through back that looked like the gen where as the 21J had a solid back on it. (Yes HD I call it a see through back).

Is the premium paid for the 7750 due to the watch being closer to the gen or is the 7750 worth that much more?

Your thoughts

mulder

I got a PAN312L w/ 7750 movmt, and that thign is dead on the minute, it freaking eats the asian swiss eta anyday!

MikeMcNair
a 7750 the chrono is fully functional. Its another debate if we should use the chrono on these due to the movements fragility.

i run my swiss 7750 on my breitling black steel S.A. EVERY DAY, ALL DAY, (caue i like the big ticking hand :D ) and have not had an issue, EVEN IN THE POOL, CONSTANTLY as i have one in my backyard.

say what you will, but swiss and asian alike, the 7750 is not as bad as we all think, until it's time to fix them. that's when i punch babies in the face.........

pamelo
a 7750 the chrono is fully functional. Its another debate if we should use the chrono on these due to the movements fragility.

i run my swiss 7750 on my breitling black steel S.A. EVERY DAY, ALL DAY, (caue i like the big ticking hand :) ) and have not had an issue, EVEN IN THE POOL, CONSTANTLY as i have one in my backyard.

say what you will, but swiss and asian alike, the 7750 is not as bad as we all think, until it's time to fix them. that's when i punch babies in the face.........

After a few experiences, I'm coming to the conclusion that the ONLY reps to buy are those with Swiss movements.

It's worth the extra $50 bucks or so. The quality control is not great with the others.

As for chronos with the 21j auto, Silix says their cheap Daytonas have functioning chronos with this movement.

Maybe the absence of day-date in the Daytona makes it compatible with the 21 j auto. Any experiences out there?

SeanusMaximus

my two cents - I wear/use my TAG carrera cal 16 7750 as a daily beater and not a hiccup. hell I even hand wind it if it goes dead after being off the wrist for a couple of days which many people say is bad but mine runs with a few seconds loss per day!!!

However...everyone has different experiences, for every good there is a bad, such is life.

powderfreak
As for chronos with the 21j auto, Silix says their cheap Daytonas have functioning chronos with this movement.

Maybe the absence of day-date in the Daytona makes it compatible with the 21 j auto. Any experiences out there?

Sorry, but that's just bullshit... The subdials will move, not work! Big difference....