Sign in to follow this  
fe22ari

Distressing 111

fe22ari

Just distressed my PAM strap. Didn't like the new look of the trap so went from this

6004998526_7380c92369.jpg

to this with 1200 emery paper and sucessive applications of dark tan and black shoe polish to this. Voila!

6038475698_4067da5cac.jpg

Subtle change I know but it takes away the cheap new feel of the leather.

Edited by fe22ari

Cynikal.Mindset

I like to scrape my leather straps with a razor blade to distress them...gives a nice vintage look to them with minimal effort

results

img0541wv.jpg

myaz
Just distressed my PAM strap. Subtle change I know but it takes away the cheap new feel of the leather.

I like these subtle changes. Definite improvement without going overboard and looking plain worn out. Congrats

P4GTR

scrubbing the rep straps using comet and a hard bristle brush will remove the outer layer of brown lacquer paint, leaving the bare leather underneath. After you thoroughly rinse and dry the strap, your shoe polish will have a much nicer effect. Better yet, get some neatsfoot oil on a rag and rub that into the strap.

after scrubbing the lacquer coating off-

1DS.jpg

a refinished rep strap-

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

Of course, the best thing would be to get a nice custom strap from yours truly. :P

Ollifl
scrubbing the rep straps using comet and a hard bristle brush will remove the outer layer of brown lacquer paint, leaving the bare leather underneath. After you thoroughly rinse and dry the strap, your shoe polish will have a much nicer effect. Better yet, get some neatsfoot oil on a rag and rub that into ...

Of course, the best thing would be to get a nice custom strap from yours truly. :D

Yup, that was lot easier... Pics to follow.