Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

UK customs change..

sconehead

Just went to my local sorting office after recieving a message through the letterbox telling me I would need to pay duty on a parcel.

The items in question were a gen Omega handset that I paid $33 for from a reputable seller on e-bay.

The actual fee was for VAT, not customs duty and get this, the fee was £3.00 VAT plus an £8.00 admin charge...:D

the bloke at the sorting office told me that any overseas items not subject to customs duty but valued over $25 are now subject to VAT...:thumbsup2:

JohnG

JohnG would say, and I quote, "I'll pay the VAT but I ain't payin no fuckin administrative charge!" Then I would wait and see how he reponds.

Just yesterday I bullied a meter maid into voiding a ticket she put on my car. She said the slip wasn't visible (showing that I had paid the machine). I said, "SO WHAT? I am here now and I am showing you it still has time left on it - I PAID THE MACHINE, NOW I AIN'T PAYIN NO FUCKING FINE" (except this was all in Spanish). I showed up just as she was putting the ticket on the car, so when I showed her the slip, she could see damn well it was MINE, not taken from a friend's car.

She finally voided it, muttering, "but it wasn't visible...." :thumbsup2:

onzenuub

You didn't know?

alphakazi
Just went to my local sorting office after recieving a message through the letterbox telling me I would need to pay duty on a parcel.

The items in question were a gen Omega handset that I paid $33 for from a reputable seller on e-bay.

The actual fee was for VAT, not customs duty and get this, the fee was £3.00 VAT plus an £8.00 admin charge...:D

the bloke at the sorting office told me that any overseas items not subject to customs duty but valued over $25 are now subject to VAT...:thumbsup2:

THAT is freaking criminal

correct me if I"m wrong here but... $33 US = £20 + £11 on top.....

wtf, more than 50% ?!

JohnG

Did you?

iabounty

That bloke at the sorting office was just doing as I instructed him to do sconehead......

We simply just can't have monkeys going international.......

alphakazi
JohnG would say, and I quote, "I'll pay the VAT but I ain't payin no fuckin administrative charge!" Then I would wait and see how he reponds.

Just yesterday I bullied a meter maid into voiding a ticket she put on my car. She said the slip wasn't visible (showing that I had paid the machine). I said, "SO WHAT? I am here now and I am showing you it still has time left on it - I PAID THE MACHINE, NOW I AIN'T PAYIN NO FUCKING FINE" (except this was all in Spanish). I showed up just as she was putting the ticket on the car, so when I showed her the slip, she could see damn well it was MINE, not taken from a friend's car.

Always fight em! No matter what, I'm innocent!

just got these notices in the mail today.... I win again

fines.jpg

They must be really backlogged if it's dated May 8, 2009.. and the offense was May 2008

iabounty

fines.jpg

They must be really backlogged if it's dated May 8, 2009.. and the offense was May 2008

Shame on you alpha......

Speeding AND not wearing a seat belt......

I hope you were wearing clean underwear in case you got into a wreck...................

alphakazi
I hope you were wearing clean underwear in case you got into a wreck...................

it was wrapped around my gf's head like a bandanna :thumbsup2: good times

iabounty

:D:rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::rofl:

But the plane has autopilot............ ;)

Luthier

fines.jpg

You FAIL to use seat belt... mean - you honestly tried, but failed... right???

What'd the fuck they wanted from you?????????

:rolleyes:

She finally voided it, muttering, "but it wasn't visible...." :D

Did you fuck her, John?

:popcorn:

alphakazi

:rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::rofl:;)

But the plane has autopilot............ ;)

sometimes it's not a good idea to show off to the ladies on board... :D

greg_r

The actual fee was for VAT, not customs duty and get this, the fee was £3.00 VAT plus an £8.00 admin charge...:morebeer:

the bloke at the sorting office told me that any overseas items not subject to customs duty but valued over $25 are now subject to VAT...:beer2:

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Most of the time our local sorting office don't bother but every now and then they decide to charge me. Bastards.

KinCaidk

The actual fee was for VAT, not customs duty and get this, the fee was £3.00 VAT plus an £8.00 admin charge...:morebeer:

the bloke at the sorting office told me that any overseas items not subject to customs duty but valued over $25 are now subject to VAT...:beer2:

Been like this in Denmark for years. It really sucks rotten donkey dick!

JohnG
Did you fuck her, John?

:beer2:

No, she was only SLIGHTLY hotter than Janet Reno.

Member X

The actual fee was for VAT, not customs duty and get this, the fee was £3.00 VAT plus an £8.00 admin charge...:bugeyes:

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Most of the time our local sorting office don't bother but every now and then they decide to charge me. Bastards.

So anything over $25 we 'import' has to have either VAT or customs charges on it, strictly speaking??

Anything else they want to screw us for while they're at it? :morebeer:

greg_r
So anything over $25 we 'import' has to have either VAT or customs charges on it, strictly speaking??

Anything else they want to screw us for while they're at it? :beer2:

Yup - the limit is £18 so it depends on the exchange rate

JohnG

Anything else they want to screw us for while they're at it? :beer2:

Yup - the limit is £18 so it depends on the exchange rate

Looks like you guys are going to have to stick to £17.99 and under watches.... WEAR IN GOOD HEALTH!

trailboss99

They could levey it here but like duty on stuff under a grand or so they realise the admin charge is more than it's worth. What I fail to comprehend is the nerve of chargeing you the admin fee! My god! Even the Swiss would balk at that one.

Col.

RolexAddict

Last month I got a parcel from USA with painting sticks, value 12,95 us$.

The postman said I had to pay 27 euros for various taxes and customs. I was speechless, I gave him 27 euros... This is the second time it happen to me.