Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Vintage Radiomir Homage 47mm

greg_r

This is my second watch from Getat and it's taken exactly a week to get to the UK from Hong Kong.

The last watch I bought from them (PVD 45mm Radiomir) was a bit of a mixed bag - the watch itself is fine and works well, but is nothing to get too excited about, just decent for the money - the big appeal was the superb strap it came with.

This watch, however, is a different matter. Yes, the strap is superb (even better than the last one, actually), but the watch itself is first class for the dough too - it has a quality feel that was missing from the last one.

Anyhow, the watch itself is a 47mm vintage Radiomir homage with orange numerals on a sterile dial with fairly average rep lume. The hands are gold with white lume. The movement is the ultra-reliable Asian 6497 and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it has a swan-neck regulator - unusual and unexpected at this price point. The domed mineral crystal is particularly nice, having less distortion than most I've seen (including the one on my budget Fiddy) although, unsurprisingly, there's no AR. As I said, the watch has a quality feel and it's hard to believe how cheap it was.

The strap, as always from Getat, is exceptional - if anything even better than the one on my other Radiomir. It broadly resembles a Strapculture Cross Legend, is beautifully finished, longer than average and very comfortable. Frankly, it's more than worth the price I paid for the entire watch.

It seems like 47mm PAMs hit the 'sweet spot' for me - they just seem to fit me perfectly. This one is no exception and I can see it getting a lot of wrist time.

rad_vint_homage.JPG

rad_vint_back.JPG

Member X

Nice, thanks for the report :beer2:

It appears from what you've written that they have somewhat variable QC... Which is a shame!

I've got my eye on a 44mm sterile dial when I'm feeling a bit more flush lol

KinCaidk

Bloody hell! Now I have to get me one too.

It's very nice.

greg_r
Nice, thanks for the report :beer2:

It appears from what you've written that they have somewhat variable QC... Which is a shame!

I've got my eye on a 44mm sterile dial when I'm feeling a bit more flush lol

No - don't get me wrong. Their QC appears to be fine. Both watches work just fine and were well worth the money - it's just that the PVD radiomir I got first feels about average for a $99 watch (albeit a $99 watch on a $99 strap :morebeer: ). Nothing wrong with that. This one, however, feels much more expensive and would have been great value even on a poor quality rep strap. Higher quality case maybe. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again - there are a couple of others I have my eye on.

Member X

Ah, cool, that's ok then :beer2:

Must... resist... plastic... :morebeer: lol

houndoggie

I like it, looks sharp...

I have a 47mm pilot style coming soon and I can't wait to get it. The 47mm Rad case is a nice size and wears well.

JohnG

Great review! I am going to cut and paste into an email, send to Tat at Getatwatch Co., say I wrote it! Can you say FREE WATCHES!!!!!

alphakazi

Nice buy greg - an even better value with a swan neck reg. Considering the cost of even a cheap strap... it was a steal

VDB

nice kampfschwimmer 3646

greg_r

Thanks, guys. It ain't quite a kampfschwimmer, but it's not a bad alternative :Monkey:

dingle

Got any lume pics G?

greg_r

No lume pics - being orange numerals, the lume is pretty poor on this (additionally, it was before Tat was offering superlume). The hands lume a bit though - but standard rep lume only. Doesn't bother me as being a so-called 'vintage' piece, it wouldn't have any lume left anyhow...