Sign in to follow this  
cvp3

Arrived B&R 01 Heritage, U-Boat Italo Fontana & PAM Luminor Submersible -all cheapies

cvp3

Great couple of days. First, got the B&R 01 Heritage from Mary yesterday. A cheapie ($88), A21J, but simply awesome band. Something just totally rugged about this watch.

The U-Boat Italo Fontana. Another cheapie ($88 @ timeshops), A21J, but case detail is just stunning. If a watch exists (non skeleton) that you could just stare at.....well this is the one for me.

Finally my first PAM. As many have related on here, I was NEVER a fan of this watch company. Frankly pictures make these watches look ugly and awkward along side UNs, Breit's and Rolexes. Then it hits you, there's just something about these watches. So this Panerai Luminor Submersible, again a cheapie ($128 @ timeshops), A21J, with just a perfect case and beefy band.

I'm already chasing 2 more PAMs (got it bad now). One day I'll sell these off and probably just upgrade movement and keep the same style. Staying under $130 and learning to live with the watch was my first priority. Sorry about the picture quality, as I've already established I suck at it.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg10/scaled...&res=medium

Comex

NICE!

Especially that PAM.

Enjoy

greg_r

A nice start!

It's funny about Panerai, though - they get a lot of folks the same way - including me. I didn't really 'get' them at first, then got curious and bought a 111 to find out what all the fuss was about. Then the addiction set in... :lol: