Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

Been a busy week!

Chiquita Fanjita

Well I've been on here since January and only made my first purchases this week with a trusted dealer - only taken me 7 months :D I've bought 4 watches this week, 2 through Roberts auction and 1 from Robert using his normal means, as well as a "catch & release" from Del.

Unfortunately, they are not all for myself, only two are for me.

First off my brother-in-law asked me to get him a good gold Daytona, so I ordered him a 7750 Evergold Daytona with the revised movement and pre-service from Robert on Monday.

Next was the gorgeous Cartier Santos 100 chrono from Del which I'm collecting from him later today :thumbsup2:

So after getting one for my brother-in-law and treating myself, I thought I'd treat the wife to a ladies Rolex DateJust s/s with President bracelet and salmon mother of pearl dial from Roberts auction to congratulate her on getting her new job. While on Roberts auction site this morning to check invoice, I thought I'd have a quick look to see if anything new had been listed. Big mistake, as I seen a U-Boat U1001 PVD. I've fancied a U-Boat for a while and although not a big PVD fan, just loved the look of the black and yellow together, so thats another just purchased.

I need to stop looking as its getting too addictive and my bank account will start to hate me :clap:

Edited by Aston

greg_r

reps and bank accounts are natural enemies. I wouldn't worry about it - the bank account will just have to deal :)

Electrobrat

I joined here with a wishlist of 2........ 8 months later I now have 15!!!!!!

:)

Del

Well done mate - you're flying now! :)

See you later. :)

Chiquita Fanjita

:) I don't think it'll deal with it for long though Greg.

I was much the same Electrobrat, joined up after getting a DSSD with a wishlist for a few more Rolex and a Panerai and got hooked on others ;)

I know Del, I'll need to calm down a bit :) Yeah, catch you later mate.

Electrobrat

Hi Del, have u debadged your Beemer yet?

I did it to my A4 Avant......thought it was a bit boy racerish at first when I was considering doing it but makes it look far more classy and is a piece of old wee wee to do!

My car is rapid too so not trying to hide it's true identity.

Crusader

I did it to my A4 Avant......thought it was a bit boy racerish at first when I was considering doing it but makes it look far more classy and is a piece of old wee wee to do!

So now you have Homage Audi A4? :)

chum_2000_uk

So now you have Homage Audi A4? :)

Methinks he would have just taken the engine size badges off, not the manufacturer ones!? If I had a small engined, but nice looking Beemer like Del, I probably would take the badges off.

Electrobrat

I left the Audi badge on and S-line but removed the 'A4' and engine size.

Chiquita Fanjita

Bit off topic, but I've always removed the model and spec badges from my cars just leaving the manufacturers badge. Keeps people guessing :)

rear.jpg

Crusader

Right... that looks much better, clean-styled :)

weepy

awesome -- i really want to get a Evergold Daytona. How much did it cost ? How long do you reckon the plating will last ?!

Chiquita Fanjita
awesome -- i really want to get a Evergold Daytona. How much did it cost ? How long do you reckon the plating will last ?!

It cost my brother-in-law $350 which also included a pre service and delivery. It's heavy plating so I'd expect it to last ages, and as he works on building sites all day, it will only be worn at weekends or special occassions ;)