Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

Thoughts on yet another 1:1 submariner rep....

KeNnY

yep I read that also, Angus says, that there is an 3135 PREMIUM copy movement... I wonder...

pamelo

This is the 16610LV 50th anniversary green bezel Submariner. Came out in 2004. It was replaced in 2010 by a green ceramic bezel version, 116610, so not many of the 16610 were made. It also has the "maxi-dial" with larger diameter markers.

Both have the swiss eta 3135 31j movement. I've read the Chinese copy isn't up to the standards of the swiss version.

I've ordered Timeshops' promo green sub with the 25j swiss eta 2836, an excellent movement. Good buy at $170-- made by noobfactory. I have their GMT2 ceramic with the swiss eta 2836--excellent so far.

houndoggie
This is the 16610LV 50th anniversary green bezel Submariner. Came out in 2004. It was replaced in 2010 by a green ceramic bezel version, 116610, so not many of the 16610 were made. It also has the "maxi-dial" with larger diameter markers.

Both have the swiss eta 3135 31j movement. I've read the Chinese copy isn't up to the standards of the swiss version.

I've ordered Timeshops' promo green sub with the 25j swiss eta 2836, an excellent movement. Good buy at $170-- made by noobfactory. I have their GMT2 ceramic with the swiss eta 2836--excellent so far.

:)

DW-Watches

That solves it, thread closed, thanks!

:)

NFleischer

Nobody seems to like those fake Rolex movements and they're expensive.

Maybe with the new 'superclone' 2836. I like the new all green ceramic Sub, like PWC showed with the AR 'd cyclops.

NFleischer

Actually Angus claims that's a new improved real Rolex clone movement. I guess we'll have to see.

Personally I don't see the need for that with a closed caseback anyway. If I can have my way- just give me a new Swiss ETA

or SW movement anyday.

pamelo

The asian 3135 watch costs a bit more than the swiss eta 2836. The 2836 is better value. The former is still new and unproven.

Plus the asian movements aren't as reliable as the swiss.

Luthier
Both have the swiss eta 3135 31j movement.

:dingleberry-nemesis:

The asian 3135 watch costs a bit more than the swiss eta 2836. The 2836 is better value. The former is still new and unproven.

Plus the asian movements aren't as reliable as the swiss.

:picard: :picard:

trailboss99

Meah, I'm waiting for Robert's 1:1 before I buy and more subs.

themoo-12

Apparently the price on the link is $0...might as well at that price :dingleberry-nemesis:

duke

When is Roberts version due to be released??