Sign in to follow this  
mondeov6

Curious about this 6497 movt. in my Parnis...

mondeov6

First of all....put any eventual funny Parnis jokes between brackets... :)

[ ................................................................................

................ ]

Now to my question....

I have a Parnis GMT that runs an Asian 6497 movement (handwind). All the other watches I have had

or still have that runs a 6497/6498 movement have only hour, minute and second hands. No date, day-night

functions etc.

On this Parnis there is a day-night subdial @6 and a GMT subdial @12 that can be set independently.

I am curious of what has been modified/altered on this movement to add these functions?

From what can be seen through the glass back of the watch is still looks very much like a "normal" 6497 movement.

I am starting to develope an interrest in the various movements that can be found in our wristwatches. If anyone can

explain to me about the Parnis movement please do! I am guessing that the most common configuration of a 6497/6498

watch is, hour hand, minute hand and a small second hand (@9, @6 or @3)? What other configurations are there?

Enlighten me please! ;)

parngmt2-1.jpg

parngmt1-1.jpg

Member X

If you can fins some online chinese movement catalogues they will have pics of the front of the movement with no dial on, but you still can't really see anything lol

Are you on HomageForum? Neuhausen on there woud be a good person to ask ;)

therockerz

[Movement in your parnis is completely normal, and you don't need to worry. And it is good that you're interested in various other movements. The hands are usually in the best positions for the movement to work.]