Sign in to follow this  
tommylad

Any Cartier Tank Pics?

tommylad

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying my girlfriend a Cartier Tank on a SS bracelet.Before I do I want to see what it looks like on the wrist. Does anyone have any photos of one?

Also, which do you think would look more elegant on the wrist?

Cartier Tank

Cartier Tank 2

Cheers,

Tommy

tommylad

Is it even a women's watch? I just presumed it was from the diameter and look of it.

myaz

Talk about coincidence. Mary is getting ready to ship me one that looks like the tank 2 for my wife. It's 28X32 but comes with a 2671 so no quartz.

I will post a wristie but that may not happen soon enough for you.

I did a cardboard cut out before ordering to see how it would look on the wrist and she did like that bigger size.

The tank looks more elegant to me because it's shinier. You could try to print the picture life size and stick it on her wrist for her approval.

tommylad
Talk about coincidence. Mary is getting ready to ship me one that looks like the tank 2 for my wife. It's 28X32 but comes with a 2671 so no quartz.

I will post a wristie but that may not happen soon enough for you.

I did a cardboard cut out before ordering to see how it would look on the wrist and she did like that bigger size.

The tank looks more elegant to me because it's shinier. You could try to print the picture life size and stick it on her wrist for her approval.

Oh cool. Yeah a wrist shot would be great. So is tank 2 a girl's watch? I prefer that one but am concerned it might look a bit big on the wrist. It's a really nice watch.

Luthier

What could be more beautiful for a lady?

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

tommylad

That is very nice but, for a girl, I think I prefer the Tank. maybe I might treat myself to a Santos. Or even a Tank. I imagine they are very thin for a man though right?

Luthier

This watch is lady's size, 28X28mm, and looks great on my girl's wrist.

King

My wife has the Tank Francaise (your Tank 2) from Mary. I have the QC pics somewhere, and I'll try to find them and post them. Although I believe I've posted them in the past if you want to run a search ...

As I recall, the Tank Francaise comes in 3 sizes -- ladies, mid, and gents. I can't remember the diameters ("widths" would be more accurate, I guess, since they're square) off the top of my head, but the one you've linked is the smallest at 28/29 mm. The mid-size is around 35 mm, and the large is around 40.

My wife has the small version, and I can tell you that, after she got a J12, she wishes she had gotten the mid-size.

myaz
My wife has the Tank Francaise (your Tank 2) from Mary. I have the QC pics somewhere, and I'll try to find them and post them. Although I believe I've posted them in the past if you want to run a search ...

As I recall, the Tank Francaise comes in 3 sizes -- ladies, mid, and gents. I can't remember the diameters ("widths" would be more accurate, I guess, since they're square) off the top of my head, but the one you've linked is the smallest at 28/29 mm. The mid-size is around 35 mm, and the large is around 40.

My wife has the small version, and I can tell you that, after she got a J12, she wishes she had gotten the mid-size.

+1. Agree totally. The days of women wearing these real tiny round or elliptical watches with little jewels around them is fading fast. Even grandmas wear bigger ones so they can see the frikkin dial.

@ Tommylad: Girls wear "guy" watches more and more, so see what she likes.

tommylad

Found the photo - it looks great. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost from Mary? Was it a similar quartz model? I might try Myaz's cardoard trick and could be edging towards the 35mm. I'll keep you all posted.

Tommy

King

Found the photo - it looks great. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost from Mary? Was it a similar quartz model? I might try Myaz's cardoard trick and could be edging towards the 35mm. I'll keep you all posted.

Tommy

Thanks. I think it was about $100 + shipping, but don't quote me on that. It is quartz (as is the gen), which is good since my wife doesn't wear it every day. I'm guessing Mary could get you the mid-size as well, and she's an A+ dealer.