Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

116710LN GMT II gen insert

Eiderdaus

Finally managed to remove the gen insert from the bezel and mounted this to my 116710LN rep.

img3452d.jpg

img3453zj.jpg

img3455b.jpg

looks better than before, the non AR´red crystal and cyclops still bother me, need to fix that soon.

Akira

The 0 on the insert looks wrong!

Why do these rep factorys never get it right?

:)

Eiderdaus

flo, flo, flo.....

g.man

Looks super Eiderdaus. Have to say I'm not really following what it is you've done though. Is it a genuine bezel insert you've put on a rep GMT2?

If so, perhaps you could elaborate on where you got the insert, how much it cost, and how you went about fitting it?

Reason I ask is because I have a really nice GMT2 rep that's let down badly by a poor ceramic bezel insert (indistinct numbering). I'd love to be able to change it out for a better one.

regards

g.man

chum_2000_uk
Looks super Eiderdaus. Have to say I'm not really following what it is you've done though. Is it a genuine bezel insert you've put on a rep GMT2?

If so, perhaps you could elaborate on where you got the insert, how much it cost, and how you went about fitting it?

Reason I ask is because I have a really nice GMT2 rep that's let down badly by a poor ceramic bezel insert (indistinct numbering). I'd love to be able to change it out for a better one.

regards

g.man

Yeah I'm with G on this... You make it sound as though you've stolen a Gen insert off a watch to put on your rep!? I'm sure thats not the case though?

Eiderdaus

haha, no did not steal the bezel grom a gen watch, i bought gen bezel + insert on ebay. the bezel is not fitting the rep case as it got a different construction and the insert was pretty tough to remove from the bezel. it was not clued but snapped in so tight that i had to be very cautious not to break the insert.

fitting was not problem as it got the nearly the same diameter but unfortunatyle i had to clue the insert as the gen insert is less than a mm smaller on the outer diameter. the ip of the rep bezel is a bit too high, so it has the recessed look as the rep before, not sure if the gen is really having that recessed look. but it looks way better than all the rep inserts as they have the wrong color and wrong numbers

some more pics

dsc01041b.jpg

dsc01048s.jpg

dsc01046gg.jpg

I repolished the edges of the lmidlinks as they were dull and looked awful when bend

dsc01045ak.jpg

and finally the wristy.

dsc01040sr.jpg

need to AR the crytal underneath the cyclop and the cyclop and get the entire dialmarkers and hands relumed.

What still bugs me is the weak SEL fiton the lower case side and i need to rework the overbrushed bracelet links towards smoother satin finish.

Akira

Great eye for details as always :D

chum_2000_uk

Sexual! How much the bezel and insert set you back if you don't mind me asking?

jcagara08

yeah hpw much for the MOD of yours?

Luthier
flo, flo, flo.....

Somebody definitely influence Flo's tastes recently... it's deteriorating rapidly...

:rofl:

KeNnY

does this bezel insert also has got that platinum look of those white painted numbers ?

Akira
flo, flo, flo.....

Somebody definitely influence Flo's tastes recently... it's deteriorating rapidly...

;)

:lol:

Luth, I have one Rolex

it's vintage 6263 Daytona.

Soon I'll have a second Rolex.

Franken 1675 with a dial from 1969 :D

So no modern style Rolexes soon :P

Btw did you get the comment was related to the correct 0?

:)

Eiderdaus

the bezel and insert cost me 300€. The AR will maybe cost another 70-80€. This is much more than the watch it self costs but I couldn`t live with the wrong insert.

@kenny: yes, it good the platinum insert markers, but not that platinum look as you get when you repaint it. I saw some inserts where people where using platinum paint but its too silver. on this insert the platinum look is only vivisble from some certain angles and if you look very close. the rep insert had the same style and thickness engraving but the 0 was wrong as on all rep inserts and the engraving was white.

KeNnY
the bezel and insert cost me 300€. The AR will maybe cost another 70-80€. This is much more than the watch it self costs but I couldn`t live with the wrong insert.

@kenny: yes, it good the platinum insert markers, but not that platinum look as you get when you repaint it. I saw some inserts where people where using platinum paint but its too silver. on this insert the platinum look is only vivisble from some certain angles and if you look very close. the rep insert had the same style and thickness engraving but the 0 was wrong as on all rep inserts and the engraving was white.

I think that is just to much :lol: I wonder how many gen owners know that there is an platinum look inside... nevertheless I am happy with my white enamel painted engravings