Sign in to follow this  
SFE

Movement options for a PARNIS

SFE

Hello,

I'm interested in a Parnis Big Pilot that I'm supposed to by directly at the "parnishop" web site.

Instead of the 2813 movement, they propose me either the 2824 or 2836 movement (witch are supposed to be better as they said) for 178 USD (regular 2813 price is 65 USD only).

Do you think it's interesting to change the movement and which one should I take ?

Do you know what are the differences between those movements ?

Thanks.

Cynikal.Mindset

Since its just a Parnis I would stay cheap and go with the 2813 otherwise I would spend more monies and get a rep IWC for nearly the same price

SFE
Since its just a Parnis I would stay cheap and go with the 2813 otherwise I would spend more monies and get a rep IWC for nearly the same price

You're right, but I allready have an IWC BP rep I only use in my country !

In my mind, if you wear a Parnis, you won't have any problem with the airport customs (and I'm travelling a lot).

Cynikal.Mindset

airport customs don't care or notice what's on your wrist...I travel frequently as well and never have problems but hey, its your decision.

or get a handwind model, sterile dial

MikeMcNair

NO COUNTRY CARES what is ON YOUR WRIST!

Otherwise, get the cheapest, that's the beauty of parnis!!

I wore my 42mm BP (IWC style chrono) today and LOVED every second of it, and ita a quartz!!!!

This is the first, and likely only, quartz I will EVER buy, but it's GREAT!!!! I love it!

Member X

I think Getat and Jackson Tse stock the Parnis stuff, or at least do similar BP styles, so check them out as they are Trusted Dealers :drool:

greg_r

Jackson Tse can generally supply any of the Parnis models, but yes I'd stick with the 21J. It's a low-end watch and doesn't really justify a higher-quality movement...