Sign in to follow this  
opus9

Does any one Know if ceramic bezels are lacquered?

opus9

I am in the process of deciding whether to replace my Green faced LV with a new bezel, as the one I received from prestige watch had engravings but was not painted...which brings me to two questions,which I hope you guys can help me with.

A. I have painted the bezel,but paint keeps rubbing off (yes its enamel),do the factories put a varnish over the top of the ceramic bezel after painting numbers? also upon close inspection with my dssd and my other sub, my ceramic bezel looks like it may perhaps be missing some of its 'lustre' (this is why the lacquer question)

B. If i decide to go down the replace bezel insert route,who should i really be speaking to for such a part and also is it a assehole of a job? if so..who in Europe would you guys recommend to undertake such a job? (please no SKA suggestions, as he is not undertaking anything at present)

I look forward to your help guys,

best regards

opus 9

KeNnY

I have replaced the bezel insert numerous times. The bezel insert it self is not lacquered. I have also "plated" ceramic bezel on my ORIS Prodiver, but on the DSSD and Ceramic subs, mostly these are ceramic bezel. I was cleaning the rest of the enamel paint with an thinner with no problem, keeping the painted numbers and removing the paint only from the ceramics it self. I have also used acetone with no problem at all, and the bezel was nicely glossy.

You could buy a new green ceramic bezel insert, similar colour like dial on the ebay. THe good thing would be also reluming whole green rolex sub, because of the lume should be BG-W9 -aqua, not green. TO remove the ceramic bezel insert you need to first remove the crystal, then slice under the gap with some sharp tool to remove the glue.

Luthier

No any lacquer on bezel, it's ceramic act like that. It can't be painted.

opus9
I have replaced the bezel insert numerous times. The bezel insert it self is not lacquered. I have also "plated" ceramic bezel on my ORIS Prodiver, but on the DSSD and Ceramic subs, mostly these are ceramic bezel. I was cleaning the rest of the enamel paint with an thinner with no problem, keeping the painted numbers and removing the paint only from the ceramics it self. I have also used acetone with no problem at all, and the bezel was nicely glossy.

You could buy a new green ceramic bezel insert, similar colour like dial on the ebay. THe good thing would be also reluming whole green rolex sub, because of the lume should be BG-W9 -aqua, not green. TO remove the ceramic bezel insert you need to first remove the crystal, then slice under the gap with some sharp tool to remove the glue.

Hmmm, Matej me thinks i'm gonna have to send this to you..or sell...maybe if I can find someone with a black seal might swap,if not your getting another mod job buddy!!

Have you received Nunu's yet?

KeNnY
Hmmm, Matej me thinks i'm gonna have to send this to you..or sell...maybe if I can find someone with a black seal might swap,if not your getting another mod job buddy!!

No problem mate ! If you are still in Cyprus, there are no customs issues. When I will be sending it to Philippines or where you are going next, I will send it via letter signed for "watch parts". Just send watch only without bracelet in bubble letter envelope.

Mary could find another ceramic bezel for you.

Yes I have nunu's rolex here, I am going to relume it today, and If I will manage then also repaint his insert and waterpoof the crystal. I will also fix his claps that need a little bend.

opus9

No problem mate ! If you are still in Cyprus, there are no customs issues. When I will be sending it to Philippines or where you are going next, I will send it via letter signed for "watch parts". Just send watch only without bracelet in bubble letter envelope.

Yes I have nunu's rolex here, I am going to relume it today, and If I will manage then also repaint his insert and waterpoof the crystal. I will also fix his claps that need a little bend.

will pm you now..

KeNnY

will pm you now..

ok mate :rofl:

jcagara08

OT: who's from the phillipines kenny? cause I am hehe..don't mean to hi jack the thread

KeNnY
OT: who's from the phillipines kenny? cause I am hehe..don't mean to hi jack the thread

I think Adrian is going somewhere there :rofl: if I remember correctly :D