Sign in to follow this  
ImWatchingYOU

Decent price for a GEN 16600 sea dweller?

ImWatchingYOU

Looking to buy my first rolex gen, really like the 16600 sea dweller, with it being out of production, I think it's price should stay the same if I decide to sell later.

I found a mint one Z serial from 2007 for a price around 5700bucks. What do you guys thik, is this a fair price and should I go for it?

PeterWorcester
Looking to buy my first rolex gen, really like the 16600 sea dweller, with it being out of production, I think it's price should stay the same if I decide to sell later.

I found a mint one Z serial from 2007 for a price around 5700bucks. What do you guys thik, is this a fair price and should I go for it?

Honestly, I'm not a "used" watch expert but I have a 2004 seadweller. Have looked into selling it and also looked into what I'd turn around and pay for it should I want to buy one back. I've gotten conflicting info depending on who I talk to. I was offered $2700 for it (It's in AWESOME/MINT condition) by one jeweler who is very reputable. Another dealer offered me $2200 but had one that was a year earlier on sale for $3200. The guy I trusted thought that mine they would probably sell for no more than $3500, even though it was in MINT condition and a very desirable model. Based on that I think $5700 is a little on the steep side, but like I said I'm certainly not a used watch dealer to know. It just sounds high to me.

Cheers,

Peter

Tits McGee

Check watchrecon & watchuseek

Look around there, you should get some idea of what its worth. At least you can get a feel for what the gen market is doing.