Sign in to follow this  
PGL

Will there ever be a Hamilton Pan Europ Vintage 1971 Reissue Rep?

PGL

Well, since I first laid eyes on this watch I have been totally infatuated by it but its price really goes out of my range, a man's gotta eat and so I hope that maybe in the near future someone will rep this fantastic looking watch.

Do any of you know if there is a chance for this watch to be repped?

A picture:

hamilton-pan-europ-blue-1971-reissue.jpg

hamilton-pan-europ-1971-2011.jpg

powderfreak

Looks good (different :() but I doubt it will be repped soon. Not enough demand for those, I guess...

PGL

I hope you are wrong LOL... I think it is one of the coolest looking watches there are.

powderfreak
I hope you are wrong LOL... I think it is one of the coolest looking watches there are.

I have to agree in terms of colour and dial, but I am not entirely convinced by the shape of the case... still, very good looking piece. If you find a rep, tell me :)

LHOOQ

I hope it gets repped, since I like it the Reissue, too. (Also the original, for that matter.)

Unfortunately, you're likely to see a quartz, at best. The rep factories seem to have trouble with two-register-and-date chronographs. Otherwise, I'm sure we would've seen a good TAG-Heuer Monaco by now, or a Tudor Heritage.

Here's my Poor Comrade's version of the Pan Europ:

i-gpD5qCn-X3.jpg

Baldrick

No! :lol:

PGL
I hope it gets repped, since I like it the Reissue, too. (Also the original, for that matter.)

Unfortunately, you're likely to see a quartz, at best. The rep factories seem to have trouble with two-register-and-date chronographs. Otherwise, I'm sure we would've seen a good TAG-Heuer Monaco by now, or a Tudor Heritage.

Here's my Poor Comrade's version of the Pan Europ:

i-gpD5qCn-X3.jpg

This watch is my Plan B in case I never buy the gen. But these are pretty hard to find for a good price as well, right? I have not been looking for those OKEAH much but that is what I have read.

The gen PAN EUROP is pre-selling pretty good for what I have been reading online, that is why I asked in the first place. If the gen sells well why would a rep not sell well also?

LHOOQ
This watch is my Plan B in case I never buy the gen. But these are pretty hard to find for a good price as well, right? I have not been looking for those OKEAH much but that is what I have read.

I was very lucky to get mine for less than $200, but then again, it's been part of my regular searches for over a year! Still, it's got to be cheaper than the Hamilton's MSRP.

The gen PAN EUROP is pre-selling pretty good for what I have been reading online, that is why I asked in the first place. If the gen sells well why would a rep not sell well also?

I really think there's a technical limitation here, and that there isn't a suitably compact Chinese movement with those complications. Maybe if the factories modded a 7753?

PGL

I was very lucky to get mine for less than $200, but then again, it's been part of my regular searches for over a year! Still, it's got to be cheaper than the Hamilton's MSRP.

I really think there's a technical limitation here, and that there isn't a suitably compact Chinese movement with those complications. Maybe if the factories modded a 7753?

Less than $200?? Where?? The cheapest I have seen was $300 some time ago. Was it on the bay? Of course $300 is not even bad when the PAN EUROP costs $1900 but it is tricky to get your hands on those OKEAH, crap!