Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

My ORIENT SK Crystal 21J modding finally getting started PART1

KeNnY

Hey all,

as if you were following my topic about my ORIENT SK Crystal, you know the last step was that I have damaged the inner bezel, and I needed the spare one. The great though was to create me my own bezel, where I will easily fill the what would then look good, nice and sharp.

So here are pictures of my bezel in 3D

lunetaorgsmall.jpg

lunetaorgsmalltop.jpg

And now lets 3D PRINT IT ! :) I have contacted numerous companies that do 3D print in Slovakia / Czech republic. I have got numerous responses, that some said it will not be so precise, other that can do it but it will cost 120€!!!! SO I was sad :lol: I have found one that could do it for 20-30€, with some other bigger job, when they would had.

Then one company contacted me, to send them my model. I said ok, and send them my model, asked them if they print in black. After 2 weeks I got an reply, where do I want to ship that model. I was , WTF ??? I asked how much I will pay etc. and they said it is for FREE ! SO I was really happy ! Great ! :) I sent them my address, and after 2 weeks, I got mail with 2 x 3D printed bezels !!!

s6302851.jpg

As you can see, one is nicer and more detailed, the other one is not that good. The thing is that the nicer one, is printed with powder and the uglier one is printed with sticks. But both are white :lol:( I need black color for my watch. But hey, it was for free, and the powder method is expensive as shit ! (100€ per job)

s6302853g.jpg

SO we will have to paint this bezel to black, with some matte black aerosol paint. Not too much I don' want to loose definition to apply the lume mixture.

s6303461.jpg

SO it is still glossy, strange, I am working first time in my life with this material. I could have sanded it a bit, with toothbrush and tooth paste, but I was afraid I will lose the definition on bezel. Never-mind.

So once again, lets remind us how I wanted the lume

Daylight

orientday.jpg

Night

orientnight.jpg

2 changes, I will not paint the numbers in red daylight, and I will also lume the tip of the second hand with aqua like minute hand. I simply like to see sweeping lumed second hand :)

s6303462.jpg

I will again use W@tchlume products (cheap, great, reliable, have lots of it here :D). For the aqua color I will use Aqua C3 and for the green is GExtreme (green C3).

s6303463.jpg

First layer of the lume.

s6303465.jpg

And second one :)

s6303466.jpg

s6303467.jpg

s6303472.jpg

s6303473.jpg

s6303474.jpg

Finally nicely applied lume dots, don't you think ? :D it looks really amazing, and sharp ! I like this combo, aqua and green. Now lets build it all up, to see the combo for real. Still no crystal, but I will have it soon :)

s6303475h.jpg

s6303476.jpg

s6303477.jpg

s6303479.jpg

s6303480.jpg

s6303481o.jpg

I have found some residues of lume, that should not be there , adter seeing the high resolution pics (human eye is not macro camera lol :D) so I have quickly repaired some areas. Nevermind I will give second audit before I will bust the crystal in, the crystal is holding the bezel in place.

And last 3 shots after repairing some lume after seeing first photos :) Simply camera will catch all flaws that human eye don't see it first.

s6303483.jpg

s6303484.jpg

s6303486.jpg

Next step is to install crystal, and complete build of the Orient. And finally I will wear this baby and will teleport to USS ENTERPRISE.

Thank you for watching.

And I hope you enjoyed it ! :)

greg_r

Hell, Kenny, haven't you heard of image compression, mate? Those first couple of renders come in at almost 2mb a piece!

KeNnY
Hell, Kenny, haven't you heard of image compression, mate? Those first couple of renders come in at almost 2mb a piece!

oh shit sorry greg :lol: PNG files, going to replace them ASAP

KeNnY

There, PNG changed to JPEG format :lol: Though that imageshack would have lower the quality of it :lol:

greg_r

:lol:

Thanks mate, the page now takes less than an hour to load :lol:

KeNnY
:lol:

Thanks mate, the page now takes less than an hour to load :lol:

YOu are welcome :) Yeah I forgot about those times, they increased me the net speed last week, I have now 30Mbit down and 3Mbit up, finally "SWEDISH STANDARD" came to Slovakia :) Strange that Imageshack didn't limited me yet, with the total pictures uploaded there, when I make around 50 pictures per job.

Cynikal.Mindset

not too shabby matej, nice work!

PGL

Wow Kenny, looks good!!!

Mazz

As usual Kenny amazing job.

mulder

what 3d program you using for the rendering Kenny? Excellent job too by the way.

graman

A moment to bask in Kenny's awesomeness.....

........ :;):

KeNnY

Thank you all ! ;) Can't wait to put the crystal on and bracelet - jubilee, like Graman said ;)

It was designed in SolidWorks.

I am happy that you like it all B)

opus9

I see the future for crappy bezel inserts etc......nice job kenny.Cant wait to see the final product with crystal and strap etc...

regards

Adi.

KeNnY
I see the future for crappy bezel inserts etc......nice job kenny.Cant wait to see the final product with crystal and strap etc...

regards

Adi.

Thank you Adrian ! :thumbsup2: Me too. It glows really great. I will post daylight pictures soon.

KeNnY

Couple of Daylight shots with "Colourless crystal" :DDD

s6303501.jpg

s6303502.jpg

s6303503v.jpg

s6303504.jpg

s6303505.jpg

s6303506.jpg

s6303507.jpg

jcagara08

yo kenny maybe that company could 3d print GEN watches and submit it to REP manufacturers to get things right, naw i mean? LOL

KeNnY

haha :D The 3D metal pritinting is just to expensive for now, but this is pure replication machine ! :thumbsup2:

Member X

That ks super-cool, well done!! :)

flottiglia

Awesome Kenny,been waiting to see how this turned out !

Me thinks you will have PM's asking for the name of the company that does free 3D printing !

Caliper

WOW!

I bow in your awesomeness! great job!

I think there are 3D printers available to the public for purchase.

WOW!

KeNnY
That ks super-cool, well done!! :unsure:

Thank you Member x ! :))

Awesome Kenny,been waiting to see how this turned out !

Me thinks you will have PM's asking for the name of the company that does free 3D printing !

Thank you Flottglia :band: that company just offered me this, don't know why.. it is really small job so maybe they have putted it with something big.

WOW!

WOW!

Thank you Caliper ! :bounce: Glad you like it. Yes they are available but cost BIG money

Corv99

brilliant work mate!!

Love the red colour it has as well, really unusual

can't wait to see it finished :unsure:

KeNnY
brilliant work mate!!

Love the red colour it has as well, really unusual

can't wait to see it finished :band:

Thank you buddy ! :unsure:

Same here :)

KeNnY

I will SOON finish this project already !!! Bought crystals to decide what will fit most, bought bracelet and endlinks ! :) FINALLY ... I will make some last corrections to the bezel