Sign in to follow this  
SevenSevenFifty

DG4813 or ETA2824 (recycled)

SevenSevenFifty

From browsing this forum for a while, I have discovered two reputable movements, the DG4813 and the ETA2824. Both are 28800vph, which is pretty good.

However, most eta2824s are 'recycled', meaning that they are rebuilt using gen (seems pretty gen to me) parts but bad quality control.

How are the Dg4813s compared to the recycled etas?

final question: Where can you buy sellita sw200 movement watches? There are no reps/'recycled' versions of that movement...right? xD

Silverspeed

DG4813 are quit rare these days.....most 21J movements are the usual and cheaper DG2813.

If given a choice I'd prefer the 2824/2836....if it's real Swiss, refurbished or clone would depend on the dealer making that claim. Many dealers rely on what they are told by suppliers/factories and those are the most reliable claiming Swiss movements.

There are only a few dealers wich I would take their word claiming Swiss movments.

SW200 movments have been around a while now and will gradually become more available in reps.....a few of the high-end reps already only come with the SW200

Luthier
However, most eta2824s are 'recycled', meaning that they are rebuilt using gen (seems pretty gen to me) parts but bad quality control.

Who told you that? Where did you get this information?