Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Patek Philippe 10 days.

Luthier

I got 5 PMs with request to repost lost thread about my find of extremely rare replica of PP 10 days tourbillon.

As I stated before, one of the our mates pointed me on seems shady website, and I contacted them, asking if it's a gen. watch pictures (hands on 10 and 2 was the red flag). The guy said they have this watch in stock, and he's holding one in his hands right now. OK, I said... then shoot a few pictures with hands on 9 and 3. Surprisingly, in about 10 minutes I got the pictures.

Then I requested a new pictures with Power Reserve hand in the middle of subdial. And I got it!!! Solky asked about SS version. I got the pictures of SS version as well. I know only one mov't with PR on 12 and seconds hand on 6, and I asked him, from where is the mov't in this watch, and got the correct answer - Seagull. The size of the watch is 52mmX30mm.

Not exact copy of the gen, lack 12 hour marker and no tourby on the back, but $185 is quite OK price, gen. cost around $387,195, so... we report - you decide. Now - pictures!!!

PP552.jpg

PP551.jpg

PP554.jpg

PP543b.jpg

PP555.jpg

pp0000.jpg

pp1111.jpg

pp333Fullpower.jpg

SS version.

PP572.jpg

PP574.jpg

PP575.jpg

And wristshot of my gen... ;)

patek_image1111591-1.jpg

Corv99

thats fantastic!! did you buy it?

Luthier
thats fantastic!! did you buy it?

Of course. And, as far, as I know - few our guys asked me for website/email of this guy too. We'll see soon...

mianos

All that and $375,000 change for a few more watches. I read the story on timezone years ago. A legendary watch and yours looks like a great homage to the legend.

gtwc

Thanks for the re-post Luth.

Glorious watch.

Now if only the s/s rep had a little cubic zirconia (instead of a Wesselton cut diamond) set into the side

of the case below the 6...............

Even the engravings on the movement look pretty good (apart from the missing tourby!).

I really look forward to your review and pics.

This is the most exciting rep I have yet seen (and I own 15+)....shame it's from an "unknown quantity".

Good luck.

houndoggie

Cool watch.

LOL at the "SS" version pictures...they are just negatives of the rg version.

Luthier
Cool watch.

LOL at the "SS" version pictures...they are just negatives possible the rg version.

No, HD, you're wrong. I have more pictures of SS and gold versions, just don't want to overload this site. Look on strap - croco patterns. It's different on both.

And the price of SS is 20 euros less.

Anyway... it's not for you - a dentist with such a watch will look like a civilized pimp...

:rofl:

houndoggie
Cool watch.

LOL at the "SS" version pictures...they are just negatives possible the rg version.

No, HD, you're wrong. I have more pictures of SS and gold versions, just don't want to overload this site.

And the price of SS is 20 euros less.

Anyway... it's not for you - a dentist with such a watch will look like a civilized pimp...

Look again.

Really? the SS version comes with a white croc strap and a PVd movement and green movement jewels?

Luthier
Really? the SS version comes with a white croc strap and a PVd movement and green movement jewels?

No, but with stainless steel case/hands/hour markers. Only people with bad taste and dentists buy PVD watches...

Look on the straps croco pattern.

houndoggie

No, but with stainless steel case/hands/hour markers. Only people with bad taste and dentists buy PVD watches...

Look on the straps croco pattern.

:rofl::facepalm:

flottiglia

Thats a damn nice looking watch,wonder why our regular dealers don't carry this one?

houndoggie

Fuck! Cleared cache and they still show fucked up....

Grrrrrrrr.

Luthier

Apple is shit, mate.

Luthier
Thats a damn nice looking watch,wonder why our regular dealers don't carry this one?

Maybe, because we never asked to find one? But... who knew it's exist???

houndoggie

Both iPhone and ipad show the same images!!! Wtf??

flottiglia

Maybe, because we never asked to find one? But... who knew it's exist???

Yeah thats a fair point Luth,can't ask for something if we don't know it exists until now !

houndoggie

ok.. looks right on PC..

RG is much nicer looking.

: :rofl::facepalm::wacko:

Luthier

That's what I'm talking 'bout, man!!! PC all the way!!!

:facepalm:

Both iPhone and ipad show the same images!!! Wtf??

Cuz it's Apples!!!

honeybear

If you're looking for unusual replicas, you should consider looking at Taobao.com, which is the chinese equivalent of eBay.

It also gives one an idea of the mark up we pay for our watches. I don't mind paying a premium for the better support, and the QC, but it does drive home the point that we can and should expect more for the premium, since the markup can be quite significant.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12633827215

I tend to look around Taobao, since I have a liking for dress watches, and the dealers tend to have a very poor selection. When I find something I like, I send the photos to one of the dealers to see how much they can get it for. Sometimes, the dealer prices are competitive, sometimes less so, but there's something to be said for the convenience.

Edited by honeybear

Member X

haha at the Apple Fail ;):D

That looks very classy - I like it but too dressy for me I reckon!

Nice find, Luth :angry:

Luthier

Taobao is a nice site, if you're chinese, and live there. Prices are cheaper, than from the dealer, ofcourse, but total lack of even visual QC.

No risk to buy there in most cases, but you even don't know, from whom you buying. I used Taobao many times, when I lived in Shanghai, but not a watches. Experience was quite pleasant.

honeybear
Taobao is a nice site, if you're chinese, and live there. Prices are cheaper, than from the dealer, ofcourse, but total lack of even visual QC.

No risk to buy there in most cases, but you even don't know, from whom you buying. I used Taobao many times, when I lived in Shanghai, but not a watches. Experience was quite pleasant.

I use a Taobao agent, who receives the orders, consolidates and then ships out the order to me. The agent is quite good about taking photos of the watch, and shipping it back to the seller if it doesn't look like the the photos in the ad.

You can use Google Chrome, which can be set up to automatically translate Chinese into English, to browse the Taobao site. I tend to use them mainly for dressy 21j and quartz watches, which the dealers tend not to carry, and which tend to cost about $40 on average. For me, that's a low enough price to roll the dice with these watches.

As I mentioned, they also give you some idea of the replicas which are available, so that you can ask your dealer about them. With the higher end Swiss movements, I prefer to order them from the dealers, since they're quite expensive even on Taobao.