Sign in to follow this  
conx

Chronographs... Why?

LHOOQ
I'm sure I'm opening myself up to some pithy replies here, but can someone enlighten me to the joys of chronographs?

Pith off: I love a good chronograph--especially when I travel, but also when I'm doing mundane things like (pith on) taking a leak while popping corn. I suppose I could move the microwave into the bathroom, or the toilet into the kitchen, but isn't it so much easier to reach for your wrist and push one button?

Frankt8242

More pertinently...:

"Wristwatches....Why???"

They are truly an unneeded throwback to the days when knowing the correct time was both important, and difficult to ascertain...

It still may be important, but certainly no longer difficult!!

The EXACTLY CORRECT time is posted EVERYWHERE these days..

IMNSFHO, wristwatches are at least as important as pay phone booths, and when's the last time you saw one of THOSE..??

We wear watches because we are fascinated by their styling and details, and in many cases, the more details, the greater the fascination, thus the "Chrono" affliction.....

We also wear them often as reminders of a more glorious and often mythical past, such as my own personal fetish of owning a "Bond" Sub, a "McQueen" Ex2, and a "Cousteau" Ploprof...

And then...... there's Panerai...And that's a whole 'nuther post thread....!!

JohnG
reminders of a more glorious and often mythical past

:P

SeanusMaximus
reminders of a more glorious and often mythical past

;)

:P Ah the early days of pocket-watches and unicorns!

pamelo

Have one, but can't read the damn chrono dials without reading glasses. Pretty useless, but nice to look at.